• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypocritical Jordan whining again.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Boston is a trash team?
no. best team in a shit conference tho.

i think everyone is missing MJ's point.

i also wish people would STFU about "super teams" like the jordan bulls...who werent a super team.

jordan - drafted
armstrong - drafted
pippen - drafted
kukoc - drafted
grant - drafted
purdue - drafted

only main piece not drafted for the most part was rodman, and he was traded for will purdue from SA. i cant think of a big money FA they brought in.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i also wish people would STFU about "super teams" like the jordan bulls...who werent a super team.

jordan - drafted
armstrong - drafted
pippen - drafted
kukoc - drafted
grant - drafted
purdue - drafted

only main piece not drafted for the most part was rodman, and he was traded for will purdue from SA. i cant think of a big money FA they brought in.

I wouldn't say there were any super teams in the 90's but before the 90's, yes. They still had the best team by far, the best player and best coach; pretty damn elite trio. There weren't many teams that were close to the Bulls during their time. Before they started winning they were getting beat every year by the C's and Pistons. The Lakers and C's superteams were dead when the Bulls starting winning. Either way, there was a huge gap between the Bulls and any other team just like now.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't say there were any super teams in the 90's but before the 90's, yes. They still had the best team by far, the best player and best coach; pretty damn elite trio. There weren't many teams that were close to the Bulls during their time. Before they started winning they were getting beat every year by the C's and Pistons. The Lakers and C's superteams were dead when the Bulls starting winning. Either way, there was a huge gap between the Bulls and any other team just like now.
sure was, but its not like that team was hand picked and crafted. every iteration of those 90's teams just added smaller pieces to the jordan/pipen/etc crowd. brown, paxson, kerr, etc. you couldnt hand pick ma team of your buddies back then, and go there freely.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well I think Cleveland might have something to say about that. I doubt that Jordan views them as an exception.

jordan - drafted
armstrong - drafted
pippen - drafted
kukoc - drafted
grant - drafted
purdue - drafted

So it's only a super team if they came together because the players chose to which has only been a real option for the last 15 or so years? That's convenient.

Regardless that wasn't his point. His point was that having only 2 or 3 dominant teams hurts the league. That's literally what he said.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think Cleveland might have something to say about that. I doubt that Jordan views them as an exception.

So it's only a super team if they came together because the players chose to which has only been a real option for the last 15 or so years?

yes. 100%. yes.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So he's just engaging in nostalgic whining? Ok.
if you want to call it that, sure...but hes an owner with a vested interest in competitive basketball.

what you people call "super teams" from that era, came together organically. draft, trades, etc. not up and go FA signing and meetings at restaurants forming these teams in advance.

imagine if the nfl did this?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you want to call it that, sure...but hes an owner with a vested interest in competitive basketball.

what you people call "super teams" from that era, came together organically. draft, trades, etc. not up and go FA signing and meetings at restaurants forming these teams in advance.

So what? Seriously, who cares how a team is built? There are no style points for how you build a team? Is ANYONE going to care how the Kings were put together if they win 5 championships?

It baffles me why fans think it somehow counts more if you get lucky in the draft rather than convincing the right players to join your team.

imagine if the nfl did this?

You're kidding, right?

Reactions: LAD

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what? Seriously, who cares how a team is built? There are no style points for how you build a team? Is ANYONE going to care how the Kings were put together if they win 5 championships?

It baffles me why fans think it somehow counts more if you get lucky in the draft rather than convincing the right players to join your team.

You're kidding, right?
no, im not kidding.

a team of:

tom brady
kareem hunt
zeke elliot (not suspended)
gronk at TE?
antonio brown and ODB at WR.

that happens a lot right?

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ahh, he's just trying to deflect attention from the NCAA refusing to discipline the Tar Heels for academic fraud

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no, im not kidding.

a team of:

tom brady
kareem hunt
zeke elliot (not suspended)
gronk at TE?
antonio brown and ODB at WR.

that happens a lot right?

There are salary caps in both leagues. And that team would never win a damn thing. Zek, Brown and ODB start a riot because they aren't getting the ball enough. There are 53 players that getting regular playing time and matter to the success of an NFL team. Comparing that to a sport in which there 5 guys on the court and it really only matters to have 2 or 3 elite players is more than ridiculous.

There is no salary cap in baseball. Players can go wherever they want. In the last 10 years, 7 different teams have won a World Series.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are salary caps in both leagues. And that team would never win a damn thing. Zek, Brown and ODB start a riot because they aren't getting the ball enough. There are 53 players that getting regular playing time and matter to the success of an NFL team. Comparing that to a sport in which there 5 guys on the court and it really only matters to have 2 or 3 elite players is more than ridiculous.

There is no salary cap in baseball. Players can go wherever they want. In the last 10 years, 7 different teams have won a World Series.
the sox have 2 of those :)

that aside, my point remains. if the NFL handpicked their teams, offense defense, etc.,..to win a title, no one would watch football anymore because the competitive product would suck.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go out and get your own super team, billionaire.
He finally has his first piece in place.

Dwight-Howard-Riri-300x281.png

Next Year's WNBA Championship is in the bag.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ps. The GOAT can say whatever the fuck he wants.

He was the Catalyst for 6 Championships.

Not a complimentary piece that was just along for the ride.

I agree, these old heads are salty as fuck over the money these less talented guys are making.

But, they aren't wrong. We are just tired of hearing it every other day.

When Evan Turner and Allen Crabbe make more than the Reggie Miller's and Barkley's of the world, I understand their butthurt.

They were born a couple decades to soon....lol

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the sox have 2 of those :)

that aside, my point remains. if the NFL handpicked their teams, offense defense, etc.,..to win a title, no one would watch football anymore because the competitive product would suck.

You don't think that the NFL has players that join teams to play with friends?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, but 60% of a starting roster on both sides of the ball?

There is nothing stopping players from doing that in the NFL. Good luck convincing 30 players to come join your team and have your coach be cool with it. That's the problem with the comparison. Basketball is a pretty simple sport. Football is the opposite of simple. Even if you could put together a Pro Bowl of talent that DOESN'T mean your team will be some super team. It just doesn't work that way.

Rock Strongo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is nothing stopping players from doing that in the NFL. Good luck convincing 30 players to come join your team and have your coach be cool with it. That's the problem with the comparison. Basketball is a pretty simple sport. Football is the opposite of simple. Even if you could put together a Pro Bowl of talent that DOESN'T mean your team will be some super team. It just doesn't work that way.
in theory it should. like the NHL, NBA. MLB.

I guarantee you if you had one of the AFC probowl teams vs say, the NY giants...

they could score 70 pts.

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think some of the old dudes are also mad about how much money these guys make. Guys like Wiggins and Embiid are making more in a couple of years than guys like Malone and Barkley did in their entire careers. This is less an issue for MJ but even he is probably a little sore he couldn't make $30 mil/yr just in salary.
Actually his last contract with the Bulls was for 30 mil/year