• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hypocritical Jordan whining again.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually his last contract with the Bulls was for 30 mil/year

OK fair enough, I knew the $ issue wasn't really applicable to Jordan. But the other old guys griping, definitely

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK fair enough, I knew the $ issue wasn't really applicable to Jordan. But the other old guys griping, definitely
No, you are still correct.

Jordan made 30 mil for 2 Seasons.

As much as I like Conley and Blake, those fuckers will make that much for the next 4-5.

If they are worth 30, Jordan was worth twice that.

Jordan made less than $100mil over his entire career, excluding endorsements.

Victor Olidipo got more off his very first contract extension.

Gtfoh

Don't even get me started on the Bazemore's, Mozgov's, Deng's or Biyombo's of the world.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no. best team in a shit conference tho.

i think everyone is missing MJ's point.

i also wish people would STFU about "super teams" like the jordan bulls...who werent a super team.

jordan - drafted
armstrong - drafted
pippen - drafted
kukoc - drafted
grant - drafted
purdue - drafted

only main piece not drafted for the most part was rodman, and he was traded for will purdue from SA. i cant think of a big money FA they brought in.

What is your point here? You listed 6 guys, a couple of whom were role players and some were on the first iteration, others on the second.

Curry - drafted
Klay- drafted
Green- drafted
Andre Iguodala- signed before they got good
Shawn Livingston- signed off the scrap heap
Ian Clark- drafted
JaVale McGee- scrap heap

The only key pieces the Warriors signed to big FA deals were KD and Iggy. Boston, on the other hand, signed both Horford and Hayward to huge contracts. What bastards! How dare they better their team via free agency.

The Bulls were just as dominant as the Warriors. Maybe Jordan needs to do a better job building his roster and stop complaining.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what you people call "super teams" from that era, came together organically. draft, trades, etc. not up and go FA signing and meetings at restaurants forming these teams in advance.

Those were still super teams. They were just built differently. The Lakers, Celtics and 76ers in the 80's had what? 3 or 4 Hall of Famers each? That's a super team. Just because they weren't built through FA, doesn't mean they weren't super teams.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He finally has his first piece in place.

Dwight-Howard-Riri-300x281.png

Next Year's WNBA Championship is in the bag.

Pfft. Candace Parker would make him cry and Fowles would outrebound him and block half his sorry shots.

DorianRo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're going to have one or two teams that are going to be great, and another 28 teams that are going to be garbage.

Its been that way for the last 10 years anyways. Jordan is correct as always

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those were still super teams. They were just built differently. The Lakers, Celtics and 76ers in the 80's had what? 3 or 4 Hall of Famers each? That's a super team. Just because they weren't built through FA, doesn't mean they weren't super teams.

Exactly!

The Kings built their team through the draft but because they signed one big name player that means that their dominance doesn't count as much. Dennis Rodman was signed by the Bulls yet that doesn't count against the Bulls.

Basketball will always be driven by the superstars.

If it weren't for the Kings, I would argue that this is a pretty strong era for really good teams. The Thunder have an exciting team. The Rockets do as well. The T-Wolvers, Bucks and Sixers are all exciting young teams.

The problem is that the Kings are arguably the greatest team in the history of basketball.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Even then, I'm not sure how much room the old guys have to gripe. Salaries always go up from generation to generation, never down.

Heck, I can remember when people thought the Lakers had lost their damn minds when they signed Magic to a 25 year, $25 million contract. It wasn't the 25 years that people that thought was crazy, it was the $1 million a year they thought was crazy. lol

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though shall not disrespect his airness

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. No they didn't. It was pretty much just like it is now. There was the Bulls and everyone was chasing them because they were that much better. Now it's the Warriors sitting in the Bulls spot.

The bottom of the league in the 90's was just as bad as it is now.

As we all remember, there were 4 expansion teams in the 90's. The bottom of the league was really bad in the '90s.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. No they didn't. It was pretty much just like it is now. There was the Bulls and everyone was chasing them because they were that much better. Now it's the Warriors sitting in the Bulls spot.

The bottom of the league in the 90's was just as bad as it is now.

Also, I believe there is definitely more talent in the NBA now compared to the past. NBA teams are drawing from a bigger talent pool than they ever have before.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Find us ANY year when that wasn't the case in the NBA.

BnJgy0_IMAAMzlZ.jpg
....................................................................................

I got nothing