• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hold up those lists they have to keep Stanfords running attack in check and limit WSU's high flying passing attack. Do that and they likely would set some conference records.

Stanford worries me.

I have much more faith regarding our ability to stop WSU at home than Stanford on the road. Stanford is not likely to put up much on the air against us, it's Bryce Love I'm terrified of.

Told my friend I'd go visit him down in Portland on Friday. He doesn't care about football and went to Cal Poly. Now I'm thinking I might try to convince him to come up here so I can just have him watch the game with my friends and I.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stanford worries me.

I have much more faith regarding our ability to stop WSU at home than Stanford on the road. Stanford is not likely to put up much on the air against us, it's Bryce Love I'm terrified of.

Told my friend I'd go visit him down in Portland on Friday. He doesn't care about football and went to Cal Poly. Now I'm thinking I might try to convince him to come up here so I can just have him watch the game with my friends and I.
I think they do to Love about what they have done the last two years against most of the top backs they have faced. It's not him I worry about as much as how much of a drop off there is from our own offense regardless of the defense they are facing.

Let's face it, Stanford has the worst home field advantage in the conference, but the offense is their own worst enemy in a road show.

The part that is of some concern mostly early in that game is UW hasn't seen a power running game with a lead fullback and two TE sets and whatnot. Just adapting to their assignments on a short week.

As long as they don't let Love break too many big plays and they keep it in front of them they should be fine on defense.

That O though.... :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to Softy, if you take out all offensive TD's allowed (int returns/fumble returns etc) so that you only look at points allowed by defense UW is giving up less than 9pts a game. They looked at every team and no one else is even close to that mark.

Only at the 3 quarter pole though so finish this shit strong and send a statement to the committee.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's a guy that is having issues with team rules. He sat against Rutgers and I think it's discipline and they wont take that public.....
But they also changed his position. He's no longer at MLB. They moved him to the outside and he just doesn't look the same. They said they are thin out there so I get they have to move guys around, but you take your killer inside LB that dominated that position for two years and move him to the outside where you are thin and then don't give him many reps.

I get dropping a guys play time if he fucks up, but all of this is just weird. And how bad do you have to fuck up to be in the dog house for the entire season?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they also changed his position. He's no longer at MLB. They moved him to the outside and he just doesn't look the same. They said they are thin out there so I get they have to move guys around, but you take your killer inside LB that dominated that position for two years and move him to the outside where you are thin and then don't give him many reps.

I get dropping a guys play time if he fucks up, but all of this is just weird. And how bad do you have to fuck up to be in the dog house for the entire season?

Well I think it's a reminder of the Peters situation, they banned him during the early part of the season, and I'm sure they regret that decision cause even in the "doghouse" they could've used his services at times...

Again I'm totally speculating on this....It's just super weird, like you said, you don't move your Mike backer out and not play him...

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW’s Chris Petersen on star linebacker Azeem Victor: ‘I know he is frustrated’
Wondered what was going on. This don't really explain it, but at least we know we weren't all crazy looking for #36 over the middle and wondering why he's only out there now and then on the outside.
It's very weird. Think he just fucked up and his backup earned the job while he was suspended, and got moved over to a position that isn't always on the field. We'll probably see him this week against Stanford, but what a bummer for him.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ninjad...

:L

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is the defense hasn't missed him, it's a bummer for him and all, but considering we were worried about the secondary coming in and feeling good about him coming back to anchor a defense who lost quite a bit from the year before, it's suggests we're at the reload, as opposed to rebuild, level on defense. If they can figure out that consistency on the other side, watch out for this team in the coming years.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The injury bug is becoming a huge concern on offense for sure.

The defense is doing all you can ask of it... but they will be facing challenges in the next 3 weeks they haven't faced.

The offense is in a good space right now in terms of mix with about 2/3 run and 1/3 passing with those deep pass plays sprinkled in, but again they will face very different challenges the next 3 weeks.

We really don't know how they are going to handle the power run game this week. They have very little time to plan and practice for a scheme they haven't faced. How can we not be concerned about that?

I'm not convinced Stanford can get to Jake enough to destroy them, but that offense on the road has destroyed itself on several occasions.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is the defense hasn't missed him, it's a bummer for him and all, but considering we were worried about the secondary coming in and feeling good about him coming back to anchor a defense who lost quite a bit from the year before, it's suggests we're at the reload, as opposed to rebuild, level on defense. If they can figure out that consistency on the other side, watch out for this team in the coming years.

And just want to add, I'm okay with that. I'd much rather have to worry about the offense than the defense. It's easier to find ways to win, no matter what the offense is doing, when you're not giving up more than 9 points a game. Remembering the Willingham/dark w/ Holt days, it's a very helpless feeling when your team can't tackle, even when you fuck up and accidently have them in the right position on a given play.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The defense is doing all you can ask of it... but they will be facing challenges in the next 3 weeks they haven't faced.

The offense is in a good space right now in terms of mix with about 2/3 run and 1/3 passing with those deep pass plays sprinkled in, but again they will face very different challenges the next 3 weeks.

We really don't know how they are going to handle the power run game this week. They have very little time to plan and practice for a scheme they haven't faced. How can we not be concerned about that?

I'm not convinced Stanford can get to Jake enough to destroy them, but that offense on the road has destroyed itself on several occasions.
Stanford has success on the ground early and then gets shit down by halftime. I think that's the safe bet. Going full circle with the discussion, it's nice to have Victor as the extra LB you can bring in for a team like Stanford.

I think like every road game for a couple years, it's on the offense to get points, the defense is gonna keep it very winnable (for any average Pac 12 offense) even if there is some adjustment time early. My concern is still that our above average Pac 12 offense plays well below average at times.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively- If they bring the mentality they had against Oregon, Love will get his yards, but as long as they go into lock down mode in the red zone they will be just fine. ( I actually expect them to blitz just like last year)

Offense- keep pounding the rock, I think they can beat Stanford on the outside, Gaskin will beat them to the corner, come back and let Coleman pound the inside and then you open up the play action....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You watch, it will come down to having to make FG's. :gaah:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defensively- If they bring the mentality they had against Oregon, Love will get his yards, but as long as they go into lock down mode in the red zone they will be just fine. ( I actually expect them to blitz just like last year)

Offense- keep pounding the rock, I think they can beat Stanford on the outside, Gaskin will beat them to the corner, come back and let Coleman pound the inside and then you open up the play action....
If speed kills Stanford then your game plan should have a lot more Ahmed in it. Like a LOT more.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he'd be cut if it was a violation of team rules.

Petersen cut Marcus Peters a few games into the season and back then we were perceived to be weak at CB. Petersen doesn't seem like the type who would even keep a guy on the roster if it was due to team rule violations.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If speed kills Stanford then your game plan should have a lot more Ahmed in it. Like a LOT more.

That's easy, jet sweep the little speedster every 4th play....Or let me alternate with Gaskin on the outside.
Either way you still show them "up the middle or between the tackles" and that will drop a safety down and then you hit the pass...

Of course I could see a certain OC calling for screen plays....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Salvon Ahmed may not be a natural WR, but he's extremely explosive with the ball in his hands and there is a reason he has been seeing so much playing time despite being a true freshman. They have used him on some reverse plays similar to how they did with Chico, but I'd like to see them maybe get a bit more creative with him on offense. The Huskies are really lacking depth there behind Pettis.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Petersen cut Marcus Peters a few games into the season and back then we were perceived to be weak at CB. Petersen doesn't seem like the type who would even keep a guy on the roster if it was due to team rule violations.
I don't think it's that cut and dry. Depends on what rule and how deep it was. Peters also wasn't buying in and probably wasn't going to cooperate and fight his way back.

Victor lost his slot to his backup and got moved to a spot where they lacked depth and now is playing out of his best position because of it. I get all of that, but damn. He's such a force out there. Shame to not have him in many plays.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes but Petersen had no obligation to Peters, ( Sark kid) Victor on the other hand played his balls off last year for Pete to make that defense a Top 10 and playoff team, plus his injury late last year......