• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of random, but if/when Jim Mora is fired, perhaps we should consider giving him a position on the coaching staff.

I mention this mostly out of anticipation that there is a significant chance Pete Kwiatkowski and/or Jimmy Lake could be hired away from us.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of random, but if/when Jim Mora is fired, perhaps we should consider giving him a position on the coaching staff.

I mention this mostly out of anticipation that there is a significant chance Pete Kwiatkowski and/or Jimmy Lake could be hired away from us.
It's bound to happen, as long as we don't lose both at the same time I won't lose my mind about it too much. I'm not too concerned about Mora either way. I don't know if he'd be a good fit or not, but If he took a D coordinator job it would just be a place holder until he could get another HC gig though.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's bound to happen, as long as we don't lose both at the same time I won't lose my mind about it too much. I'm not too concerned about Mora either way. I don't know if he'd be a good fit or not, but If he took a D coordinator job it would just be a place holder until he could get another HC gig though.

Yeah those are my thoughts exactly. Considering his connection to UW, it makes sense to a certain extent, although I'm not sure how well he would fit in with the mold that Petersen is building. Mora is a players coach who has a big mouth.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it's far more important to have a head coach that specializes in managing a team more than hiring a guy that himself is a good coach.

You are going to lose staff when you are good. Petersen has dealt with it before and it's going to happen again. One of the benefits of supporting your staff and their growth to higher positions after your program is you can then seriously attract guys fast tracking up.

Petersen is well respected throughout college football. I fully trust him to find solid guys to step in if/when those guys leave. I mean he got those guys here to begin with before he had any cred as a P5 commander. Now? He's going to surely draw from an even bigger pool.

I obviously don't want to see either one go. Lake might be the more difficult one to fully replace as he gets more out of kids in his group than I've seen any position coach here in a very long time.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pete sticks around and it's Jimmy getting a gig first. He is an up and comer that has made his way up the coaching ladder...

Pete on the other hand I think he sticks with Coach Pete for a while...

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right, big one this week. A lot of us had this one circled as a possible for the division game, even though the Cards lost yesterday in Pullman I'm still very concerned about this one.

Running game took a quarter to get up and running good, and to be fair that was only cause the backs took it upon themselves to make plays. A redshirt sophomore and a true freshman on the Oline can give anyone heartburn, and this gonna be that way for the rest of the season with Adams out, I'm a firm believer in giving younger players PT but this can be a wild ride with these two, kind of like the whole Nick Harris experiment last season...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course the Stanford game should be a worry. First of all it's a road game and this team hasn't ever played as well on the road. Stanford is dangerous and now has some desperation after the loss this week. And it's on a short week.

However, this defense just doesn't let dangerous RB's destroy them. They don't give up the big play.

So the question is can they score on the road. I wouldn't expect Stanford to roll up a high score, but can you move the ball against them in their house? I'd have to go back and watch film of their last couple of games. I didn't get to watch much of the coug game, but WSU is so much different on offense I'm not sure how much you can take from it. UW's weakness is directly related to how much rush you can put on Browning. It is far more about that than the success of the running game. Stanford feels more like a contain defense that tackles well which is a lot of what UW is. I don't recall seeing them blitz and spending much time in the backfield. Maybe I'm wrong.

Slow start to running game? Well yeah. Works that way for most successful running teams. There's a lot of cat and mouse in that part of the offense and it takes time to dial in and/or setup plays that will work later because of how you get their defense to move on earlier plays. The Ducks for years ended games with 50+ points but often didn't score more than 14-17 in the first halves. They adjusted and wore out the run defense until it opened up wide. Stanford when it has the power run game working well also didn't typically score a lot in the first half unless you just can't body up on them.

The problem with our running game hasn't been the line, nor the rushers, it's just been the patience and play calling to effectively play that cat and mouse game.

Yesterday's game was still a run heavy mix, but was more balanced than the UCLA game. Both have put a lot on film for Stanford to deal with. Four different rushers with different looks for them to deal with. And unlike any of their QB's, focusing on the run against our QB sets up the passing game that is always dangerous.

Even with our terrible road play I'd still put it at a 60% chance for a win. The FPI has it at 64%

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

DN6HRoiV4AAUNO2.jpg

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To hold up those lists they have to keep Stanfords running attack in check and limit WSU's high flying passing attack. Do that and they likely would set some conference records.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coach Pete talked about it the other night after the game during his presser, reporter asked point blank and he was honest right there and then...Non contact injury in practice I believe...
Well thanks for putting it up here so the rest of us that were still traveling home after the game and missed the presser were aware of it. :thumb:

:lol:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well thanks for putting it up here so the rest of us that were still traveling home after the game and missed the presser were aware of it. :thumb:

:lol:

Dude I told you I was super hung over yesterday, Hell I forgot I even posted calling out Whisky fans.....:L

I just hope I didn't get some chick knocked up in the parking lot at Starbucks....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Pete sticks around and it's Jimmy getting a gig first. He is an up and comer that has made his way up the coaching ladder...

Pete on the other hand I think he sticks with Coach Pete for a while...

Considering how we sent 3 DBs to the NFL last year, and have been playing extremely well with our #1 and #2 CBs out, I can't imagine someone doesn't offer him a job soon.

When you think about it, the guys out there right now were likely #5 and #6 on the depth chart at CB last year.

I really hope Jimmy Lake and Pete stick around. I think Lake is the more valuable asset at this point so far, unsure though. They're all like cogs in a fine tuned machine.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude I told you I was super hung over yesterday, Hell I forgot I even posted calling out Whisky fans.....:L

I just hope I didn't get some chick knocked up in the parking lot at Starbucks....

Hey, hey, hey...

This needs some clarification. I got into a fight in a Starbucks parking lot. Never had sex in a Starbucks parking lot.

And the girl I almost impregnated was at her apartment, lol.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did everyone else catch this? I mean I guess I missed the post game presser, but Pounds now is also out for the rest of the year? :L
Huskies WR Quinten Pounds to miss remainder of the season with knee injury

How many more receivers are they going to drop this year? :gaah:

Wow, that sucks. And now it's probably too late to get the medical redshirt. I know Chico will probably qualify, but I don't think Bryant or Pounds will. Unsure the rules on that.

I've almost (actually) lost track regarding who the Huskies #2 WR is.