• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's that time again.

Need a place to dump the season related stuff that's about to start flowing in.

Jude has a nice preview of the offense going into fall camps that open up next Monday the 31st.

UW Huskies fall camp preview: On offense, optimism abounds after 2016 breakthrough

This offense is going to be fucking awesome to watch.

I know we have covered this, but you can't understate enough how big it is to get Pettis for one more year.

He had 1 dropped pass on 72 targets last season.

Let's go git'er done boys!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really excited for this upcoming year. What the offense was able to accomplish last year with the core contributors mostly being sophomores really makes you look forward to what they can accomplish this year.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I like Taylor Rapp a lot.

I admit this is jumping the gun A LOT, but based off his play as a true freshman I think he flashed the potential to be one of the best safeties in UW history. As a true freshman he flashed extremely athletic play that is almost uncharacteristic of a 3 star true freshman prospect, dude plays at like 200-210 at 6'0 and 18/19 years old and had the size/strength of a junior.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was looking at taking a new job out of state but decided I'd stay in the area for at least another year, which reminds me I need to renew my season tickets.

I've been to every Husky home game since I started at UW back as an undergrad.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I admit this is jumping the gun A LOT, but based off his play as a true freshman I think he flashed the potential to be one of the best safeties in UW history. As a true freshman he flashed extremely athletic play that is almost uncharacteristic of a 3 star true freshman prospect, dude plays at like 200-210 at 6'0 and 18/19 years old and had the size/strength of a junior.
I'm not too worried about any of the defense outside of their lack of depth behind the projected starters. Injuries scare the hell out of me.

The middle of the secondary should be strong and there are some solid young DB's coming in for the outside, but I expect some mistakes and a few blown plays here and there. I just expect the offense to be more than good enough to overcome any holes they get in.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not too worried about any of the defense outside of their lack of depth behind the projected starters. Injuries scare the hell out of me.

The middle of the secondary should be strong and there are some solid young DB's coming in for the outside, but I expect some mistakes and a few blown plays here and there. I just expect the offense to be more than good enough to overcome any holes they get in.

Fair point. I worry mostly about next year than this year.

Really excited to see what Bierria and Azeem Victor are able to do this year. Victor IMO is the best linebacker in the Pac-12 and Bierria is really underrated.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed.....The offense is gonna have to carry the team for time to time, I'm liken there chance this year!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gaines and Vea are a hell of a punch in the middle of that defensive line. Around 650lbs of beef between those two gents.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tenor.gif

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things thedayman thinks about:

Will the o line be good enough to keep Browning off his ass against the USCs and Alabamas of the world? Why does the punting game have to be something that annoys even my off season thoughts? Should I sneak Coleman onto my fantasy team in a late round? Excited to see new corners step up, I believe they will and defense will be every bit as good as last year.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As good as Rapp was and the potential he has, I love to watch Jojo McIntosh play. The guy can run and hit, he covers some ground!

Another one that I am really pulling for is Brayden Lenius. He has really good size and hands from what I can remember. I know he was suspended for a couple games last year and then redshirted. I hope he has whatever was going on figured out.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five Huskies who are candidates to have breakout seasons in 2017
Five players to look out for as break out players this year:
Andre Baccellia, WR
Tevis Bartlett, OLB
Hunter Bryant, TE
Jaylen Johnson, DL
Jordan Miller, CB

Baccellia had some key plays last year and is a sure bet to get more time this season.

UW football fall camp roster: Cornerback Byron Murphy is the new No. 1

New jersey numbers. New players, and a few existing changed from last year.

Camp opens tomorrow so much more will be flowing in.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As good as Rapp was and the potential he has, I love to watch Jojo McIntosh play. The guy can run and hit, he covers some ground!

Another one that I am really pulling for is Brayden Lenius. He has really good size and hands from what I can remember. I know he was suspended for a couple games last year and then redshirted. I hope he has whatever was going on figured out.

I heard he's been hitting the gym pretty hard. I think UWDawgPound posted a tweet by him where he claimed he is up to 220.

Lenius is interesting. I haven't given him much thought.

I think Chico McClatcher is gonna bust out this year. With John Ross gone, there's more touches available for him. His route running could be improved, but he reminds me a lot of Percy Harvin and he's a threat whenever he has the ball in his hands.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Five Huskies who are candidates to have breakout seasons in 2017
Five players to look out for as break out players this year:
Andre Baccellia, WR
Tevis Bartlett, OLB
Hunter Bryant, TE
Jaylen Johnson, DL
Jordan Miller, CB

Baccellia had some key plays last year and is a sure bet to get more time this season.

UW football fall camp roster: Cornerback Byron Murphy is the new No. 1

New jersey numbers. New players, and a few existing changed from last year.

Camp opens tomorrow so much more will be flowing in.

Hunter Bryant I like a lot. He has the opportunity to start at TE this year IMO.

The kid is already fuckin' huge for his age, 6'3 240lbs. And if you've seen pictures of him, that ain't no baby fat.

I watched a bit of his high school film and he looks like he's already a man amongst boys. Great body control, gets up in the air and can snag a ball, good hands and runs a lot faster than his 4.82 40 time would indicate. Unsure about his blocking (obviously I'm not gonna watch all his games to determine that) and his route running in HS was pretty simple, but he definitely has the physical tools to play right away.

He's a guy who I believe the Huskies could probably split out wide on occasion depending on how well his route running develops at the college level.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard he's been hitting the gym pretty hard. I think UWDawgPound posted a tweet by him where he claimed he is up to 220.

Lenius is interesting. I haven't given him much thought.

I think Chico McClatcher is gonna bust out this year. With John Ross gone, there's more touches available for him. His route running could be improved, but he reminds me a lot of Percy Harvin and he's a threat whenever he has the ball in his hands.
Lenius was one of my picks to break out last year before he had his issues within the team and ended up in the dog house. Leaves me a bit concerned about picking him again this year, but he's a kid you really hope can make that next level jump. He had moments of flashes in his first year that just left you drooling over the possibilities. With his size and some ball hawk skills you really want to see him develop into that 3rd down sideline possession receiver that Browning can trust to go get a ball even when covered. I'm less optimistic this year that he works into that roll, but it's certainly not out of the question.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lenius was one of my picks to break out last year before he had his issues within the team and ended up in the dog house. Leaves me a bit concerned about picking him again this year, but he's a kid you really hope can make that next level jump. He had moments of flashes in his first year that just left you drooling over the possibilities. With his size and some ball hawk skills you really want to see him develop into that 3rd down sideline possession receiver that Browning can trust to go get a ball even when covered. I'm less optimistic this year that he works into that roll, but it's certainly not out of the question.

I recall him being a pretty trendy pick to break out last offseason when there were big questions at WR. Funny to think that WR was one of our biggest concerns this time last year, and ended up being one of the biggest strengths for the team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall him being a pretty trendy pick to break out last offseason when there were big questions at WR. Funny to think that WR was one of our biggest concerns this time last year, and ended up being one of the biggest strengths for the team.
They were fortunate because they didn't have the same injury issues they have had in a few prior years. This team has had more than its share of issues at RB and WR with injuries. Ross, Pettis, and Chico were all available every game. That's huge. Particularly with Pettis also doing return duty. Way more opportunity for injury filling in that role.

I like some of the young kids coming in at WR as well, but they still can't afford major injury to Pettis or Chico. Baccellia is one I expect to see a lot more field time this year. He had a couple of impressive catches last year in his limited time on the field. Still, if Lenius can just be an average skill set guy at his size it can be a game changer. He has Reggie Williams size. You can do more with less skill when you have that kind of height and weight.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all about the offense.....

So many weapons, Dayman touched on it, "how does the OLine handle the SC's and Bama's"

Can Jake shake off the semi final lose and his shoulder is really well can he take it to the next level?

The two headed monster of the running game with Gaskin and Coleman, honestly I don't think they get the respect national media wise, so I would like to see one of them or both just tear it up so they get the respect they deserve.