• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Huskies 2017 Season

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting time to be a dawg for sure. No need to litter up the Pac12 thread with homer shit and a lot has been going on to actually talk about.

This is the week I had circled in the off season that would tell us what kind of team you had for the stretch run and possible shot at the playoffs. And after that ASU loss the pucker factor is even higher now.
Just win baby, and the rest will take care of its self.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exciting time to be a dawg for sure. No need to litter up the Pac12 thread with homer shit and a lot has been going on to actually talk about.

This is the week I had circled in the off season that would tell us what kind of team you had for the stretch run and possible shot at the playoffs. And after that ASU loss the pucker factor is even higher now.

No Pac 12 thread is getting "crowded" sometimes a certain poster can give out to many headaches from his ramblings.....Again some folks need to put the bong down and say enough is enough

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just win baby, and the rest will take care of its self.

:agree: I believe things will work out for the Dawgs with upsets coming still. Of course they need to take care of business and win out, get SC in the title game and everything will be good.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: I believe things will work out for the Dawgs with upsets coming still. Of course they need to take care of business and win out, get SC in the title game and everything will be good.
If SC and the Dawgs both win out, that title game is gonna be epic.

The one that would really really help, that UW might need to happen is Stanford/ND.

Last edited:

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If SC and the Dawgs both win out, that title game is gonna be epic.

The one that would really really help, that UW might need to happen is Stanford/ND.

I honestly feel the Dawgs can roll SC, I wasn't buying into the hype during the summer. You can get all the 5* and 4* recruits you want but if you don't have the coaching staff to get their full potential out then you will suffer.

As for the Cardinal vs the Irish, I could see Stanford beating them. Irish rely on their running game, if Stanford focuses on the run they could make it close and very intresting

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Softy tweeted this morning he had a conversation with coach K and they are working Victor in at DE this week against Stanford! :scratch:

Okay I know I had a "version" about what can be going on, but I am really, really confused!

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Softy tweeted this morning he had a conversation with coach K and they are working Victor in at DE this week against Stanford! :scratch:

Okay I know I had a "version" about what can be going on, but I am really, really confused!

Pretty strange.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So bizarre. He's a linebacker, why convert him to lineman when you can achieve the same goal by letting him play his position...

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's defense isn't the same as it was even 10 years ago. LB's and DE's have hybrids and guys play a lot more in and out of position.

Honestly this says nothing more than their overall sack rate isn't where they want it and they feel Victor gives them something different for getting after the QB and/or getting into the backfield for TFL.

As infrequently as he has been getting reps I'd expect him out there for 'special' plays. Maybe 3rd down passing plays? :noidea: Pete also said they liked him coming off the end dropping back into coverage.

Coach K does a lot of innovative and creative plays (unlike our OC). They have a specific reason to drop him out there based on what they saw on film. Just hope it works.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today's defense isn't the same as it was even 10 years ago. LB's and DE's have hybrids and guys play a lot more in and out of position.

Honestly this says nothing more than their overall sack rate isn't where they want it and they feel Victor gives them something different for getting after the QB and/or getting into the backfield for TFL.

As infrequently as he has been getting reps I'd expect him out there for 'special' plays. Maybe 3rd down passing plays? :noidea: Pete also said they liked him coming off the end dropping back into coverage.

Coach K does a lot of innovative and creative plays (unlike our OC). They have a specific reason to drop him out there based on what they saw on film. Just hope it works.

:agree:

As a "defensive coach" I couldn't agree more. Gone are the days of a 4-3 or that nasty version of the 46, ( God I loved it when Lambright installed that at UW). Now this spread offense has tweaked everything, even in the NFL. Nickel packages are as common on 1st down as 3rd and 15.

I really hope they can get him back on the field anyway they feel comfortable with, he's very good at causing chaos to opposing offense's...

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had a lead a couple of times earlier today, but Stanford looks to be pulling away and getting the upset.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I'm so pissed, a game they should have won and they once again shit the bed on the road! :gaah:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the game is at 7:30pm again.

Looks like UW will only have played one home day game all year if I'm remembering correctly.

I'd be surprised if the Apple Cup is a day game since it's on a Friday after Thanksgiving. Fucking terrific. Honestly, I think I'd be pissed if the Apple Cup was during the day since I'll already be hungover as shit after Thanksgiving. Also, I don't want to spend an entire morning/afternoon drinking then go to the bars again after. That sounds expensive and fucking draining.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the game is at 7:30pm again.

Looks like UW will only have played one home day game all year if I'm remembering correctly.

I'd be surprised if the Apple Cup is a day game since it's on a Friday after Thanksgiving. Fucking terrific. Honestly, I think I'd be pissed if the Apple Cup was during the day since I'll already be hungover as shit after Thanksgiving. Also, I don't want to spend an entire morning/afternoon drinking then go to the bars again after. That sounds expensive and fucking draining.

Actually Apple Cup is on Saturday this year and I believe a 1:00 pm start time.....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not to be the bad guy here, but he does have some valid points.

If your not a Pac 12 homer, there should be some more beat downs by the Dawgs and to be fair they have for the most part have done that.......BUT

The road loses or better yet the ability to show they can go into someones place and dominate hasn't happen yet.
I believe this is still a massive under taken, I for one feel Sark really didn't have the program restocked. Yes there was "some" quality players but not across the depth charts. Granted at the same time this current coaching staff is basically coaching their players now. So there should be their guys starting to fill the depth charts a lot more.
Which raises the question again, "are they getting players that can compete at a higher level?