• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hue Jackson fired.....

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol had to go a few years back before that D became what it is. Even then he threw 2 INT's. We won because Benson had 150 yards, and we sacked Rodgers 6 times. Our D won that game shutting Rodgers down, Palmer didn't. He even threw a pick 6 in it. HAHA. Nice choice.

Lets try one a little more recent.

Oakland Raiders vs. Green Bay Packers - Box Score - December 11, 2011 - ESPN

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You obviously weren't able to grasp by my response that your initial point was dumb, but I'll play your game anyways:

That D sure is scary over there in Green Bay. Everyone's been talking about how good it is. All the way to a 19th ranking in points and 32nd in yards. Oh, and btw, in 2009 their defense was ranked 7th in points and 2nd in yards.

Great defense in Cincy with Palmer vs horrible defense in Oakland with Palmer vs great defense in SF with Palmer. Hmm...you can do the math.

Great game by RB in Cincy with Palmer vs a poor game by RB in Oakland with Palmer vs a great RB in SF with Palmer. Hmm...you can do the math.

Looks like the recipe SF is looking for.

LOL. I like this game.

Your turn.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
SF's game is predicated on ball control and defense. Carson might give them a few more big plays but he also gives them more short possessions and more turnovers. They're better off with Smith. They seem to have done alright. 13-3 tends to speak for itself.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DaytonMall-entrance.jpg

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
SF's game is predicated on ball control and defense. Carson might give them a few more big plays but he also gives them more short possessions and more turnovers. They're better off with Smith. They seem to have done alright. 13-3 tends to speak for itself.

13-3 isn't against the Saints or the Packers. Unless of course they're content with being regular season champs like you seem to be.

You're too simple-minded if you think it begins and ends with big plays, short possessions (which is laughable), and turnovers. Carson would add a dimension to the offense that it doesn't currently have with Smith, allowing them open up the playbook. Not only would they have a dominant defense, but they'd have an offense that could keep up with 80% of the league.

Michael Bush, Moore, and DHB vs. Gore, Crabtree, Vernon Davis

Give me the latter any day.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Carson's dimensions haven't helped anybody yet. Your insinuations that they need Palmer to beat New Orleans is the most ridiculous thing I believe I've ever read on this board. However, from somebody who can only "win" an argument by trying to belittle the other person by calling them dumb, it should be expected. SF beat Pittsburgh, Detroit, and the Giants BTW. Palmer has a grand total of 0 playoff wins. But I'm simple-minded. LOL. The Packers and Saints are dominant teams. One player, especially one with no evidence to support his ability to beat those teams either, won't make a difference.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
13-3 isn't against the Saints or the Packers. Unless of course they're content with being regular season champs like you seem to be.

You're too simple-minded if you think it begins and ends with big plays, short possessions (which is laughable), and turnovers. Carson would add a dimension to the offense that it doesn't currently have with Smith, allowing them open up the playbook. Not only would they have a dominant defense, but they'd have an offense that could keep up with 80% of the league.

Michael Bush, Moore, and DHB vs. Gore, Crabtree, Vernon Davis

Give me the latter any day.

This literally made me laugh loudly. It would also give them the propensity to lead the league in turnovers. Alex Smith had a higher completion %, A higher QB rating, and led the entire NFL in interception %, although, Carson's were everybody's fault but his. I forgot. If it weren't for his WRs he would have been better than Brees.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
You're laughing at your own stupidity. Despite Carson only being in Oakland for 9 weeks, despite a slow start with Campbell, they still finished 13th in the league in offensive ppg. 13th puts them better than 60% of the league. They were 9th in total yards per game which puts them better than 70% of the league. And again that's only 9 weeks after a slow start. NOW, figure out what it means to "keep up with...".

Nowhere did I say they would average less turnovers with Carson that with Smith. Strawman argument, anyone?

Y/A, ypg, nor ypc were close, all favoring Carson. I bet that might have had something to do with a higher completion %.

Smith is a game manager. Nothing more, nothing less. Game managers tend to have inflated statistics due to their limited and protected role. But that kind of talk is probably way over your simplistic mind, so I'll just stop.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey, Trent Dilfer has a ring. Brad Johnson has a ring. Carson Palmer doesn't even have a playoff win. I know you're the biggest Palmer homer ever, but the dude is fucking done. He can launch a lot of bombs (I know that impresses you), but he blows. Insult me if it makes you feel better, since I realized a long time ago that it's the only way you can discuss something. Logic isn't your strong suit, so you insult. Cool. It'll be nice to see you wrong...again, when SF shows ZERO interest in bringing in a washed up QB after Smith just went 13-3.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
reading%20comprehension%20cards%202.jpg

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The biggest problem is the common sense quite a few on this board lack. Maybe start with that.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would find it hard to believe Oakland would dump Carson so fast, but it depends a lot what the new coach will think, imo

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah, common sense is exactly the problem, but not who Rey likes to think needs some, unless he's looking in a mirror.

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rey loves him some Carson Palmer. Maybe he should marry him?

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You could argue that had McFadden been healthy, Palmer would have suffered more. He's not a "game manager" like Campbell was, and having more of a running game would have taken more of the deep throws away from Palmer, and more than likely, put more emphasis on the shorter routes, which is where Palmer gets quite a few of his picks...and pick-6's as results.

Yes, the running game would open up the deep pass. I realize that, but if you are able to run the ball, and eat up the clock like Oakland was doing early in the year, there's no need to attempt higher risk passes down-field...or at least, throw as many as Palmer was doing because, outside of 2 games, Bush wasn't getting as much as McFadden was, at least seemingly.

Palmer is what he is. A system QB. If everything around him is perfect (see 2005) he'll thrive. When he's forced to adjust on the fly and adapt, he struggles. That's always been his knock, and why he's not a good game manager or check down QB. He'll have his yards, because of his arm and ability to get the ball down field in an open offense. But in a run-oriented offense, he's going to struggle, and in an offense where he has to make multiple check-downs and adapt away from the play called, he's going to do even worse.