• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ohtani

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Dodgers interpreter for Shohei Ohtani was fired Wednesday afternoon after questions surrounding at least $4.5 million in wire transfers sent from Ohtani's bank account to a bookmaking operation set off a series of events.

I was surprised when reading this, but then saw some comments online saying what if the interpreter wasn't to blame and that Ohtani may have a gambling problem? Interesting in sad. I guess the basis for this is people ask how can a guy so good at his sport and who controls everything around him not know he has millions going out? This should be interesting.You know MLB will do everything they can to make sure it goes in their favor. He is after all their Billion Dollar Baby.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Dodgers interpreter for Shohei Ohtani was fired Wednesday afternoon after questions surrounding at least $4.5 million in wire transfers sent from Ohtani's bank account to a bookmaking operation set off a series of events.

I was surprised when reading this, but then saw some comments online saying what if the interpreter wasn't to blame and that Ohtani may have a gambling problem? Interesting in sad. I guess the basis for this is people ask how can a guy so good at his sport and who controls everything around him not know he has millions going out? This should be interesting.You know MLB will do everything they can to make sure it goes in their favor. He is after all their Billion Dollar Baby.
Just heard an interesting take. If it comes out that he was involved in anyway he may have to be deported. If that is even a possibility I’m guessing his translator/friend may end up in a river before the investigation concludes.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard an interesting take. If it comes out that he was involved in anyway he may have to be deported. If that is even a possibility I’m guessing his translator/friend may end up in a river before the investigation concludes.
I know the NFL bands guys for a year for betting. Not sure about MLB. I didn't even think about the deporting thing but it makes sense.

Ya the interpreter will take one for the team or the player in this case. The Epstein of interpreters...lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know the NFL bands guys for a year for betting. Not sure about MLB. I didn't even think about the deporting thing but it makes sense.

Ya the interpreter will take one for the team or the player in this case. The Epstein of interpreters...lol.
It’s the illegal gambling that is the main thing I think not necessarily the gambling cause the government is involved. And another interesting thing I heard last night, Ohtani had it in his contract that he can opt out of his contract because his interrupter got fired. Can’t remember if the guy said this offseason or the 2025-26 one

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if it,s ohtani betting,I wonder if he gets the rose treatment?
Again, why would he?

People are confused on why Rose got banned.

He was banned for gambling on MLB baseball and then lied about it. I believe some of the games he gambled on were games he played/managed in.

Did Ohtani gamble on MLB baseball? It appears he did not OR the Feds have not submitted proof at this time to MLB.

If he gambled on MLB baseball, he should be punished. It appears he did not. If he did...he should get a 1 or 2 ban...no questions asked.
If he gamlbed on MLB baseball...in games he played in, he should be severely punished.....up to a ban for life.
If he gambled on MLB baseball...in games he played in AND lies about it...he should be banned for life.

Everyone needs to stop acting like Ohtani and Rose situations are the same. At this point, they aren't even related. Unless the Feds are hiding evidence. They have known about this since October 2023 and never even notified MLB. So either the Feds are covering up something or didn't see anything, the interpreter is lying, or Ohtani is lying.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, why would he?

People are confused on why Rose got banned.

He was banned for gambling on MLB baseball and then lied about it. I believe some of the games he gambled on were games he played/managed in.

Did Ohtani gamble on MLB baseball? It appears he did not OR the Feds have not submitted proof at this time to MLB.

If he gambled on MLB baseball, he should be punished. It appears he did not. If he did...he should get a 1 or 2 ban...no questions asked.
If he gamlbed on MLB baseball...in games he played in, he should be severely punished.....up to a ban for life.
If he gambled on MLB baseball...in games he played in AND lies about it...he should be banned for life.

Everyone needs to stop acting like Ohtani and Rose situations are the same. At this point, they aren't even related. Unless the Feds are hiding evidence. They have known about this since October 2023 and never even notified MLB. So either the Feds are covering up something or didn't see anything, the interpreter is lying, or Ohtani is lying.
really?thanks for reminding me.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s the illegal gambling that is the main thing I think not necessarily the gambling cause the government is involved. And another interesting thing I heard last night, Ohtani had it in his contract that he can opt out of his contract because his interrupter got fired. Can’t remember if the guy said this offseason or the 2025-26 one
Yes two different things. Deported because of illegal gambling, but if not deported, suspended because of gambling is possible.

The government could be involved because of the wire transfer part though. Who knows. It will all be sorted out, covered up, and never mentioned again.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes two different things. Deported because of illegal gambling, but if not deported, suspended because of gambling is possible.

The government could be involved because of the wire transfer part though. Who knows. It will all be sorted out, covered up, and never mentioned again.
Yeah it’s just weird. Manfred already said he isn’t investigating Ohtani.

It’s not apples to apples but Manfred basically banned Trevor Bauer for basically accusations but Ohtani is at least linked to a federal investigation.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it’s just weird. Manfred already said he isn’t investigating Ohtani.

It’s not apples to apples but Manfred basically banned Trevor Bauer for basically accusations but Ohtani is at least linked to a federal investigation.
Ya I read that about him not investigating. I found that more than odd, but then again don't look into something that you don't want to know about.

Good comparison. Difference is Ohtani is Gawd vs Bauer being on the other end of that spectrum.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shohei Ohtani:

“I’m very saddened and shocked that someone who I trusted has done this.”

“Ippei has been stealing money from my account and has told lies.”

“Up until a couple days ago, I didn’t know this was happening.”

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched a quick video discussing this and the guy brought up a good point. How did the interpreter take the money out of his account and not only Ohtani not know about it but his agent or accountant also not know? He has people that watch his money. Anywho I just find it all bizarre.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just watched a quick video discussing this and the guy brought up a good point. How did the interpreter take the money out of his account and not only Ohtani not know about it but his agent or accountant also not know? He has people that watch his money. Anywho I just find it all bizarre.
Another interesting thing to think about, is supposedly anytime a huge transaction out of an account that big it gets flagged by the IRS

So.

-His bank never called him or his camp about it
-The federal government is investigating his translator and no one in Ohtani’s camp got a heads
-a bookie is giving out 4.5 million to a guy making 300k without Ohtani knowing about it somehow
-translator has a gambling problem but somehow is a mastermind criminal and scammed his friend out of money
-Ohtani is surrounded by a team, much like Russell Wilson. So it seems weird of the excuse is the guy is the only one to have access to his money

Dude already confessed on ESPN and just said Ohtani paid off the debts not gambled. It seems like that excuse should’ve been enough. Sure paying a bookie is federally illegal but he could have played the victim where his real crime was being a great guy. The way I keep hearing is basically Ohtani could’ve paid a fine to the government but now throwing his friend under the bus IMO just makes him look bad.