• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do we address QB from here on out?

How do we address QB position from here on out?

• Keep Cutler and go into next year the same as this year

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Keep Cutler and draft his replacement to sit on the bench

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Cut Cutler, Bring back Hoyer as starter, draft a QB early to groom

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Cut Cutler, Bring back Barkley as starter, draft a QB early to groom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cut Cutler Bring back Hoyer/ Barkley to back up a QB we take in the first round

• Barkley is our QB of the future

• Hoyer is our QB of the future

• Cutler is our QB of the future

• Draft multiple QBs to duke it out ala Washington with RG3 and Cousins

• Some other solution not listed

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Potato salad isn't an option?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,796.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut Cutler, bring back Hoyer as starter, and draft a QB early to groom.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who will be the Bear QB next year, but I do know what I don't want to happen. Reaching with pick #3 for a QB. If the Bears or anyone really, has a QB from this draft class rated as a top 10 draft rated QB (regardless of draft, this years or any years) then I don't believe he will fall to #3 as both teams above us could use a QB as well. Thing is, I have not heard that any of the college QB's are rated that high, best I have heard is low 1st rest being 2nd and 3rd round rated qb's.

And this where a low first would help more than what we have now.........It would be possible to trade down in the draft and pick up another pick and still be able to pick up that low 1st you are talking about.

And I have no thoughts on anyoine yet until combines start and see what happens in freeagency.

And what are thoughts anyone on Trubisky or Watson?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this where a low first would help more than what we have now.........It would be possible to trade down in the draft and pick up another pick and still be able to pick up that low 1st you are talking about.

And I have no thoughts on anyoine yet until combines start and see what happens in freeagency.

And what are thoughts anyone on Trubisky or Watson?

I compare Trubisky to Ryan Leaf, that last guy that was supposed to have "all the tools".

Watson is interesting, but current talk is because people saw him play two title games. He gets the job done, but like Mike Vick and Cam Newton, defenses are going to be allowed to get bigger hits against him in the NFL. Its just that we see these "mobile" QB's getting killed every week. It would be an interesting choice.

The only trade down scenario is if someone wants Peppers, but the question would be will Fox pass on peppers?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I compare Trubisky to Ryan Leaf, that last guy that was supposed to have "all the tools".

Watson is interesting, but current talk is because people saw him play two title games. He gets the job done, but like Mike Vick and Cam Newton, defenses are going to be allowed to get bigger hits against him in the NFL. Its just that we see these "mobile" QB's getting killed every week. It would be an interesting choice.

The only trade down scenario is if someone wants Peppers, but the question would be will Fox pass on peppers?
I've seen peppers slip to later first round in many mocks. It might be hard to place peppers into a constant position as he is in a jack of all trades, but master of none category. If Allen and Garrett are off the board, I would almost rather pick Adams at 3rd. Him and Amos would look good together in the secondary.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What? Trubisky is so far from anything like Leaf. If this was even an average QB class, he may not even go in the first round.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've seen peppers slip to later first round in many mocks. It might be hard to place peppers into a constant position as he is in a jack of all trades, but master of none category. If Allen and Garrett are off the board, I would almost rather pick Adams at 3rd. Him and Amos would look good together in the secondary.

I wouldn't touch Peppers with a ten foot pole. Guys who can do everything well in college, but not one thing particular thing "great" go to die in the NFL.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packers fan, I voted Cutler as your QB of the future! :thumb:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? Trubisky is so far from anything like Leaf. If this was even an average QB class, he may not even go in the first round.

Trubisky is getting the same comments about being NFL ready just like Leaf was NFL ready. I did not know you were so familiar with his college career.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he does like throwing TD passes to packers DBs.

:thumb:

And the guy has as many career tackles after interceptions as he does career wins versus the Packers. Any division rival QB with stats like those are keepers in my book! :thumb:

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:thumb:

And the guy has as many career tackles after interceptions as he does career wins versus the Packers. Any division rival QB with stats like those are keepers in my book! :thumb:
Why you got to keep rubbing it in? Don't you have a playoff game or something?

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that needs to be addressed is the fact that if we do bring in a new QB, either through the draft of trade, we need to get an OC that is going to be around for longer than 1-2 years. Darrel Loggains is not that kind of OC. Unless DL improves his scheme and play calling, the next QB we bring in, no matter who it is, is doomed to fail.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trubisky is getting the same comments about being NFL ready just like Leaf was NFL ready. I did not know you were so familiar with his college career.

No... no he isn't. The average fan has barely heard of Trubisky. Stop.

I also love the notion that "Der... they said Ryan Leaf was NFL ready.... That means anyone they say is NFL ready is clearly like Ryan Leaf!"... Sometimes with you man... sometimes...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing that needs to be addressed is the fact that if we do bring in a new QB, either through the draft of trade, we need to get an OC that is going to be around for longer than 1-2 years. Darrel Loggains is not that kind of OC. Unless DL improves his scheme and play calling, the next QB we bring in, no matter who it is, is doomed to fail.

You haven't the slightest clue what kind of an OC Loggians is. None of us do... we trailed most games we were in by two scores at one point with our practice squad out there, and the games we led or were neck-and-neck in. He did a very good job. He got a lot of praise after the Detroit and especially the Minnesota win.

I'm not saying that means he's good, but it's essentially like he's never called a single game. lol. This past season was a total push for any OC. Not gradable.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't the slightest clue what kind of an OC Loggians is. None of us do... we trailed most games we were in by two scores at one point with our practice squad out there, and the games we led or were neck-and-neck in. He did a very good job. He got a lot of praise after the Detroit and especially the Minnesota win.

I'm not saying that means he's good, but it's essentially like he's never called a single game. lol. This past season was a total push for any OC. Not gradable.
Uhhhhh... I have seen enough to know his play calling sucks. Stop making excuses for him. A good OC doesn't take Howard out of the game on a drive in which he is gashing the opposing defenses. Loggains routinely did this. If he did decide to leave him in he stopped using him in the red zone opting to pass with Barkley instead. Maybe you aren't convinced, but I am damn sure the OC we have right now won't cut it. He won't be around long at all.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uhhhhh... I have seen enough to know his play calling sucks. Stop making excuses for him. A good OC doesn't take Howard out of the game on a drive in which he is gashing the opposing defenses. Loggains routinely did this. If he did decide to leave him in he stopped using him in the red zone opting to pass with Barkley instead. Maybe you aren't convinced, but I am damn sure the OC we have right now won't cut it. He won't be around long at all.

I am not saying he will be. However, there is no way to grade him for this past season. I am not excusing him, nor praising him. Next year is his first season, essentially.

You simply cannot keep pounding the ball on the ground when you trail in the second half CONSTANTLY. It's so easy to look back on the box score, and bitch about pass/run ratio. However, the games we were in did not generally dictate being able to run Howard as much as we would have liked.

The sample size we have of this team playing in close games, which allowed us to use our full playbook, is far too small to be able to get a feel for what he is like as a play caller. The evidence is that you literally bring up ONE drive that he seemed to abandon the run on. This is what is called; "anecdotal evidence". Seeing as, I could bring up drives from the Detroit or Minnesota game, that serve the same purpose for proving that Loggains is actually a phenomenal play caller.

Due to this conclusion...

Loggains 2016 Grade: N/A

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying he will be. However, there is no way to grade him for this past season. I am not excusing him, nor praising him. Next year is his first season, essentially.

You simply cannot keep pounding the ball on the ground when you trail in the second half CONSTANTLY. It's so easy to look back on the box score, and bitch about pass/run ratio. However, the games we were in did not generally dictate being able to run Howard as much as we would have liked.

The sample size we have of this team playing in close games, which allowed us to use our full playbook, is far too small to be able to get a feel for what he is like as a play caller. The evidence is that you literally bring up ONE drive that he seemed to abandon the run on. This is what is called; "anecdotal evidence". Seeing as, I could bring up drives from the Detroit or Minnesota game, that serve the same purpose for proving that Loggains is actually a phenomenal play caller.

Due to this conclusion...

Loggains 2016 Grade: N/A
No, actually next year is his second year.

And I'm basing it off of my complaints when the game was actually going on. Getting FGs early on when the score is still close because he decides to stop feeding Howard for some stupid reason. Giving a coach a pass for stupid decisions because of personnel is a terrible way to run a franchise.