• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How do we address QB from here on out?

How do we address QB position from here on out?

• Keep Cutler and go into next year the same as this year

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Keep Cutler and draft his replacement to sit on the bench

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Cut Cutler, Bring back Hoyer as starter, draft a QB early to groom

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Cut Cutler, Bring back Barkley as starter, draft a QB early to groom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cut Cutler Bring back Hoyer/ Barkley to back up a QB we take in the first round

• Barkley is our QB of the future

• Hoyer is our QB of the future

• Cutler is our QB of the future

• Draft multiple QBs to duke it out ala Washington with RG3 and Cousins

• Some other solution not listed

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tried to include as many viable solutions as possible. I don't think Fales or Shaw will be part of the solution.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade for Romo.

I'm afraid this will happen.
I forgot about that possibility. Jimmy Garopolo too. What do you think it will cost for romo? I'd rather have him at a discounted price, maybe a third or fourth. I definitely won't send any firsts or seconds for him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot about that possibility. Jimmy Garopolo too. What do you think it will cost for romo? I'd rather have him at a discounted price, maybe a third or fourth. I definitely won't send any firsts or seconds for him.
I get the feeling Romo will get to sign off on where he's dealt. And I assume he grew up a Bears fan, don't know though.

Maybe they'd take a third and something else, idk. But if Bradford gets Philly a first, Romo should definitely be worth more than just a third. But who knows, Rick Spielman clearly has no idea how to put value on a QB. (Ponder...)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get the feeling Romo will get to sign off on where he's dealt. And I assume he grew up a Bears fan, don't know though.

Maybe they'd take a third and something else, idk. But if Bradford gets Philly a first, Romo should definitely be worth more than just a third. But who knows, Rick Spielman clearly has no idea how to put value on a QB. (Ponder...)
I'll bet you Romo goes to Denver unless they would rather stick with their young guys. I don't see a huge market for Romo though. Especially teams he would want to go with. He probably won't want to play for the browns or 9ers. I think Pace is going to be gun shy about trading for Romo, seeing as how bad cutler has been. I doubt they will get much more than a third to be honest.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll bet you Romo goes to Denver unless they would rather stick with their young guys. I don't see a huge market for Romo though. Especially teams he would want to go with. He probably won't want to play for the browns or 9ers. I think Pace is going to be gun shy about trading for Romo, seeing as how bad cutler has been. I doubt they will get much more than a third to be honest.
Maybe.

If Wade is still in Denver next year I could see Tony be willing to go there. But not if they go with an entirely new staff.

A lot depends on where Linehan ends up imo.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe.

If Wade is still in Denver next year I could see Tony be willing to go there. But not if they go with an entirely new staff.

A lot depends on where Linehan ends up imo.
Is it a given that Dallas even trades him? That's a lot of salary to swallow, it's why I really doubt they get much for him.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it a given that Dallas even trades him? That's a lot of salary to swallow, it's why I really doubt they get much for him.
Maybe they cut him. Id be surprised if they keep him as a backup. But maybe they get trucked in the playoffs and it's an open competition next summer? Idk.

But I think there will be a number of teams who coming calling for him.

Jets, Browns(jerry wouldn't do that to Tony)Broncos, Cardinals(If Palmer is done)you guys, possibly the Bills, even the Rams could depending on who their head coach is. They need to put butts in seats and a good way to do that is a known/proven QB. Goff could sit for another year.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe they cut him. Id be surprised if they keep him as a backup. But maybe they get trucked in the playoffs and it's an open competition next summer? Idk.

But I think there will be a number of teams who coming calling for him.

Jets, Browns(jerry wouldn't do that to Tony)Broncos, Cardinals(If Palmer is done)you guys, possibly the Bills, even the Rams could depending on who their head coach is. They need to put butts in seats and a good way to do that is a known/proven QB. Goff could sit for another year.
Out of all of those teams listed, I see him going to the cards. Arians would probably sign off on that.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of all of those teams listed, I see him going to the cards. Arians would probably sign off on that.
I like Romo a lot more than Palmer.

It'll be interesting.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread and made it all about Romo. Just stating my worst fear as a Lions fan.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Romo a lot more than Palmer.

It'll be interesting.

Sorry if I hijacked your thread and made it all about Romo. Just stating my worst fear as a Lions fan.
Meh, I don't really care. Romo is a solution I didn't consider. He could be who the bears go after. I just don't think he's worth giving up resources for. I'm also not an NFL GM and for good reason, because I'm wrong about many of these issues.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade for Romo.

I'm afraid this will happen.

I actually do think this is a very real possibility.

Whether that is a good thing, or a bad thing. I have no idea.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Romo means you need a second starter as the backup. I wish Dallas wins the super bowl and Romo just retires. Its painstaking to watch him go down to injury every year.

I get the fact there will be slim picking for head coaching next year with what, 7 already out including Denvers health deal, but even though there were injuries, there was very poor preparation this year too. If we keep Cutty, I tend to think he is going to have yet another offensive coordinator.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Signing Romo means you need a second starter as the backup. I wish Dallas wins the super bowl and Romo just retires. Its painstaking to watch him go down to injury every year.

I get the fact there will be slim picking for head coaching next year with what, 7 already out including Denvers health deal, but even though there were injuries, there was very poor preparation this year too. If we keep Cutty, I tend to think he is going to have yet another offensive coordinator.

It's hard to believe that Cutler returning has actually re-emerged as a somewhat realistic option, with how poor Barkley wound up playing down the stretch. At least a few weeks ago I thought we had SOME sort of a plan in place to move on from Cutler. Now, I genuinely don't know if any of the guys currently on our roster will be in camp next season.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure who will be the Bear QB next year, but I do know what I don't want to happen. Reaching with pick #3 for a QB. If the Bears or anyone really, has a QB from this draft class rated as a top 10 draft rated QB (regardless of draft, this years or any years) then I don't believe he will fall to #3 as both teams above us could use a QB as well. Thing is, I have not heard that any of the college QB's are rated that high, best I have heard is low 1st rest being 2nd and 3rd round rated qb's.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are all kinds of people out there suggesting Rivers, Romo, Eli Manning, to me those are all lateral moves from Cutler same elated expectations, probably the same losing performances.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's think this through:
Because all of our QB's are out of contract (except Cutler) in order to bring back any of them they need to willingly resign with Chicago. I know cost really isn't an issue with our healthy Cap situation...but what do you want to allocate to one position- (one position in which only one guy plays- It's not a rotation it's not "shared reps")

Cutler is on the roster as of now. The only time his 2017 $12.5M salary becomes official is the first day of the season. NO reason to cut him. Unless you can find someone willing to give up a 1st round pick, I don't think anyone trades for him coming off a torn labrum.

I think they HAVE TO Draft a QB somewhere. Whether it's 1st or 2nd or 3rd...whatever. That's two of 3...

I think Hoyer would come back for another $2M- IF he's healthy
Shaw could resign for another league min. deal... BUT it was first speculated that his injury COULD have been career ending, but who knows.
We've seen what Barkley is now... BUT I bet someone is willing to give him decent back-up money. $2-4M per year and a couple years.

Jay $12.5M + Hoyer $2M+ Rookie $500K= $15M per QB position. And STILL $68M in cap space.
Jay is gone: Hoyer $2M + Rookie $500K + Shaw $750K= $3.250M. And $80.5M in cap space.

I don't see and high priced free agents worth the money- YET. That could change... the big question is WHO do they want to bring in that would be expensive?

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees, but at this point I would still consider him stop gap. Draft a qb is a must. Bears have got to start ta king shots.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drew Brees, but at this point I would still consider him stop gap. Draft a qb is a must. Bears have got to start ta king shots.

Drew Brees

Brees is still under contract in New Orleans.