• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

How did Northern Illinois pass Fresno State?

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating 7-4 Iowa at Iowa City looks better than beating 7-4 Boise State.at Fresno

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undefeated is undefeated. Sure we all feel in our gut it is because of the weak schedule and that many many teams would be undefeated playing the same schedule. However, that is opinion and not fact. They deserve the shot at a BCS game as much as 2 or 3 loss teams. Those teams didn't take care of business and lost their right to complain. If you are 1 or fewer losses and played a tough schedule then maybe you can complain if you get left out in favor of one of them.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno St hasn't played a single team I rank as being top50. I think 7-4 Boise St is the only team they've played that has a winning record(not looking up each team), and they barely beat Boise St 41-40. Oh and that 7-4 Boise St is on a horrible schedule in itself. I rank Fresno St's schedule 124 out of 125 teams.

Northern Ill I have as the only schedule worse than Fresno St. But they do have a few more "better" wins with teams like Iowa, Ball St and Toledo that voters would find more impressive. But they get 125 ranked SoS because the rest of the schedule is extremely horrible and easy.

Neither team deserves anything.

Cal State Fresno also beat a 7-4 SDSU team. BTW, USA Today has both SDSU and BSU in the top 50...barely.

Also, CS Fresno sucks. If we had anything that resembled a kicker that game, SDSU wins.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NIU's three toughest opponents (Iowa, Toledo, Ball State) are better than Fresno's toughest opponent. And don't laugh, but Eastern Illinois probably is as well. They beat San Diego State by 21. That same SDSU team took Fresno to overtime and beat Boise State.

LMAO @ your transitive property when SDSU doesn't even run remotely the same offense it did with our QB in that loss.

It's not even close to the same SDSU team. We benched a shitty QB during the tOSU game. He had a debacle vs. Eastern Illinois too.

SDSU completely changed its play-calling with our new QB. We actually pass the ball now. And not just on third and long. We also have a healthy Adam Muema who got hurt early against Eastern Illinois.

Also, SDSU is one of those maddening teams who plays up or down to their level of competition. Case in point, allowing unbeaten Fresno to take them to OT due to a missed FG that would have won it and a few weeks later going to OT against winless Hawai'i after trying all night to give the game away. SDSU plays ugly, and I mean really ugly football, but wins. They're 7-1 in games decided by six points or less, 3-1 in OT this year. They'd had to come from behind at the half in every single win this year sans Boise and in the 4th quarter five times.

So you transitive property really looks like garbage here.

RGrabber

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same way USC passed Notre Dame.
Why do you guys even try to figure out the BCS. Look at the bottom five of the BCS to see how goofy it is to figure. Notre Dame 8-3 ranked behind USC 8-3. ND beat USC and is 3-1 against teams in the top 25. Beat Michigan State, beat Arizona State and of course beat USC. They lost to Oklahoma. USC is 1 and 2 against the top 25.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does playing the better MAC schools really make THAT much of a difference?

Well Iowa continuing to win helps NIU's SOS as well. Ball State and Toledo were both ranked much higher than Fresnos last 2 opponents too. NIU probably is going to stay ahead of Fresno if they keep winning.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno St hasn't played a single team I rank as being top50. I think 7-4 Boise St is the only team they've played that has a winning record(not looking up each team), and they barely beat Boise St 41-40. Oh and that 7-4 Boise St is on a horrible schedule in itself. I rank Fresno St's schedule 124 out of 125 teams.

Northern Ill I have as the only schedule worse than Fresno St. But they do have a few more "better" wins with teams like Iowa, Ball St and Toledo that voters would find more impressive. But they get 125 ranked SoS because the rest of the schedule is extremely horrible and easy.

Neither team deserves anything.

You really have these two as the worst schedules in the NCAA? I find it hard to believe. Espeically considering CUSA and Sun Belt exist as conferences.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You really have these two as the worst schedules in the NCAA? I find it hard to believe. Espeically considering CUSA and Sun Belt exist as conferences.

CUSA and Sun Belt teams play the cupcake for paychecks however.

RGrabber

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego State is blaming the loss to Eastern Illinois on the quarterback whom the coach thought was the best at the start of the season. Does he play defense also and did they bench him on that side of the ball.

BiffMcFly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
They're being punished for playing New Mexico. The voters have no regard for that state in football on anyone's schedule. There must be nothing lower in their minds than that. Then there's the fact FSU gave up 28 points to them with poor special teams. If FSU gets Utah State instead of Boise in the MWC game then FSU is really screwed.

Toucanbird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating 7-4 Iowa at Iowa City looks better than beating 7-4 Boise State.at Fresno

Especially when Iowa's four losses are to #3 Ohio State, #11 Michigan State, aforementioned #14 Northern Illinois, and #15 Wisconsin, all of which were competitive games for the most part.

MellowYellow

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
San Diego State is blaming the loss to Eastern Illinois on the quarterback whom the coach thought was the best at the start of the season. Does he play defense also and did they bench him on that side of the ball.

When the QB sucks, the offense either turns the ball over in their own territory and/or limits the time of possession for their team keeping their defense on the field all game. They also create a one-dimensional offense.

That QB was a returning starter who barely won the job in fall camp due to his experience. Your next choice was an untested juco walk-on. Get real. Dingwell should have been pulled this game rather than in the first quarter against tOSU the next week.

You also forgot our returning starter RB got hurt and at the time our current true frosh RB who has more than 700 yards as a back-up was being redshirted. Those two guys are our best play-makers on offense.

Thanks for showing you don't know shit about football...and even less about SDSU.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, they should both be slotted behind the two-loss AQ teams + Louisville/UCF

You realize two loss Aq schools include duke, right? Why in the world should they be behind duke? They've had as many wins as duke and fewer losses (even though they've had more chances to lose)

Last edited by a moderator:

Doctor Krieger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alright alright...I retract the lville statement....lol

For the two loss statement, I meant more of the two loss teams currently ranked in the mid to low teens...us, *su, sc, Oregon etc.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fresno Sucks.. Would/Will get railed in a BCS bowl

Fresno State is a good team

with that being said

they would get railed in any bowl, because they are just awful in bowl games, doesn't matter who they play.