• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest evaluation of your team through the halfway point

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Out of the 3 games we had to beat the opponent and the Refs, we are 2-1
Not bad.
Could be better.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At 3-4 and a loss to a MAC team, I'm hoping for a new head coach in 2018.

If that means finishing 0-5 to get it, then I'm fine wit dat.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this would be a rebuilding year (in the prediction thread, I had them at 9-3 with losses to PSU/Wisky/OSU) but I wasn't expecting a loss to Sparty. 8-4 looks very likely. I thought the OL was a concern going into the season and there'd be some growing pains with the passing game (mostly due to the lack of experience at WR), but I thought there would be stability at QB with Speight (even if he wasn't very good). He struggled and his season is most likely over, and O'Korn is just lol. I thought the running game would be better this year, but it's been pretty meh. The lack of passing game doesn't help matters, though Higdon looked very good against a solid Indiana defense.

The defense is awesome though. The defensive line looked great coming into the season, but Hurst and Winovich have been forces and Gary looks like he's coming into his own. LBs and CBs have been pleasant surprises, Devin Bush might be the best player on the team right now.

This season is a bit disappointing, but I'm very optimistic going into next year with the majority of their starters returning. I'll feel even better if Peters takes over at QB and doesn't suck.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IIRC three teams in a row had bye weeks the week before playing Ohio State. Wisconsin, Penn State, and Northwestern
Speaking of BYE weeks, I know the SEC catches hell for it, but I think they are on to something by stretching out the conference games over a longer period of time. Playing some earlier in the year. For the most part, they don't have many teams that have to play the "toughies" back to back to back. Less "gauntlets" so to speak. I don't like those late season cupcakes either during a conference run, but they are BYEs for all practical purposes.

Penn State goes tOSU, Michigan and Michigan State the next three weeks. They go all frickin' year without playing teams considered on their level and then BOOM...back to back to back. Even if some of those turn out not to be as good as originally thought, still...

And the Big 12 is frickin' stupid. No one has a BYE after Oct 7. They may have needed to backload the schedule without a CCG, but that ain't the case anymore.

And USC has a BYE at the end of the year! WTH

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TCU has been awesome.

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the offense can get rolling, USC can win the PAC and be in contention for the playoff. If not, the season could end badly. Maybe not "coach fired on the tarmac" kind of bad, but still bad.

Seems like a lot of offenses are having problems.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense can't seem to find consistency at the QB position but part of that is us having one of the worst offensive lines in college football, it is ridiculous how bad we are there. Mattison is starting to gain momentum as the lead back and he's figuring things out which is good, Wilson is amazing at receiver and we're actually getting Jake Roh more involved.

The defense though has been very good other than an awful performance against Virginia

Our special teams are good which is a major surprise
One of your old O-line coaches is looking for a job.

636130017193868030-USATSI-9562974.jpg

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is the worst 6-1 team I've seen in a long time, maybe ever.

They've been inconsistent as fuck. The last game was a microcosm of the season. Looked like a bottom ten team in the first half and a playoff team in the 2nd half.

The offensive line needs to get healthy, stay healthy and gel. Darnold needs to develop chemistry with his other receivers not named Burnett and we need to figure out a way to establish the run so Darnold doesn't feel like he has to win every game by himself.

I have no real complaints about the defense other than they tend to start a little slow. Love the way they force turnovers and they have held up pretty well considering how inconsistent and sometimes flat out bad, the offense has been.

If the offense can get rolling, USC can win the PAC and be in contention for the playoff. If not, the season could end badly. Maybe not "coach fired on the tarmac" kind of bad, but still bad.

USC will not be in the playoffs.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas. 3-3 at the moment. Only real goal is to make a bowl. Likely loss to Okie St and likely win over Kansas. Where do the other 2 wins come from? Baylor is a definite possibility. TCU is almost a sure loss. That means we have to beat either West Virginia or Tech. Tom Herman is a pretty good coach and he can pull it off. Trouble is, most of the good teams have killer QB's so we have to outscore them.

olympicoscar

Life is what you've made of it.
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,999.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St is 6-1. Goal is at least the Big 10 Championship. To date, the only really good team we've played is Oklahoma and we lost.

We are capable of running the table. Penn St in 2 weeks is the biggest obstacle. Pass defense must improve to win that game.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense: Very good, Grier is easily the best QB in the country and threw for 300 yards on you while you read my remarks. Sills was a QB when he came to Motown, then switched to WR to get some PT (and he wasn't working out at QB) , then transferred to play QB again at a lower level then came back when they told him he wasn't a QB (guess he wanted a 2nd opinion) , and now is a WR leading the country in TD's :laugh3:. What a looong strange trip its been for that kid. Crawford is solid just like last year at RB, our OLine is better than I thought they would be.

Defense: Bout what I thought they would be at times.....far worse than I thought they would be at other times, I guess that is to be expected in a rebuild year for that side of the ball. Though I HATE our scheme with a passion every year they HAVE made some stops and got some turnovers at times so... I think they are better overall than some of the "experts" predicted.

Special Teams: :laugh: I laugh because they are a joke. We need to fire our ST coach ASAP and hire one that knows how to recruit/coach that phase..

Record: Not bad but frustrating because our lack of a kicker/punter are why we have the 2 loses.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense has been pretty solid and is the strength of the team.
Kickers should just quit football and both go home and do nothing but rock back and forth in a corner the rest of their lives. FUCK KICKERS
Offense is inconsistent at best. At times they have moved the ball well and at other times they are disjointed, mainly on the front line. Losing their starting LT hasn't helped any.

Didn't expect them to go undefeated, but also didn't expect it would be ASU to trip them up. 6-1 isn't horrible, but also not excited over it either.

Did I mention I hope a train runs over both of our kickers? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In before OD ~
Defense makes adjustments!!! Proud of them. Use your eye stats, not actual score to judge them!!!!
Offense unstoppable!! Except by refs!!! Herbert out now so small setback. Again, it's refs though!!!!
Would win more games if USC was better. Those bastards!!!!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense: A-
Offense: C+
Special Teams: B
Kicking game: F

I'll sum it up in a nutshell and not over analyze like some of my fellow Washington posters. Cut to the chase and call it what it is ... Washington's OC fvcking sucks and he's in over his head. Run the fvkng ball. Don't talk about the QB, OL, or the price of rice in China. Face the facts that Washington needs to give their RB's a shitload of more carries.

UW isn't going to win a title with their current OC. He's pure fvkn trash.

NolePride

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whew...

I just checked...we've only played 5 games so far and haven't reached the halfway
point. Thus I don't have to post a reply