• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest evaluation of your team through the halfway point

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About where I figured we would be. I said 3-5 losses this year. Thought for sure we would get blown out by SC after the Maryland debacle. Herman was left a cupboard full of overrated and unmotivated talent, so he had a bigger job of rebuilding than what Strong had his 1st year. This roster is full of players who do not know what a winning season is like and have no idea how to close out games. Once Herman starts weeding out Strong's players, I think the sky's the limit. But I do like the fight these guys are putting up and that comes from the coaching staff. Still, moral victories fucking suck, but all I wanted to see from Strong was improvement and his teams got worse every year. I don't see that happening with Herman. Tough as hell schedule left, so I'm hoping this team will make a bowl.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are you telling me you thought Oregon would be anywhere but 4 or 5 wins right now?

This isn't about me. I'm saying I know you didn't think Oregon was going to be in second to last in your division. Anyone who frequents the PAC thread knows you didn't.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This isn't about me. I'm saying I know you didn't think Oregon was going to be in second to last in your division. Anyone who frequents the PAC thread knows you didn't.
I had them winning all 3 out of conference which they did. I had them winning against ASU and Cal. they split that. I had them losing WSU, Stanford and UW with a shot at an upset. that was an over estimation. I had them with winning UCLA Arizona and Oregon State. and 50/50 vs Utah. like I said about 8 wins with a shot at 9. so about where I expected. though now with Herbert down not sure they will finish as I expected.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Kugler. He tried to play smashmouth football without smashmouth talent. But, that talent couldn't have won playing pass happy style either.

Yes unfortunately recruiting was his downfall, he might even make it as an offensive coordinator one day...maybe a head coach after but he would need some good recruiters on the staff

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We could beat anybody.

We can lose to Iowa State.

Pick a card....any card.

...but, it seems that this season is kinda one of those seasons.

Don't put your surprised face away yet.

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't Minnesota hire a decent coach? Isn't there any homegrown talent from Minneapolis that would take the job because they want to stay?

When I was at Madison, I knew a lot of Twin Cities area locals who thought it was one of the great cities in the country (they didn't travel much), so they breed some homers up there.

Mason was a decent coach. His fate was sealed however by 15 minutes in 2003 in the Metrodump against Michigan when a 28-7 lead to start the 4th quarter turned into a 35-38 loss that cost us at least a Big Ten title and a Rose Bowl berth and potentially a BCS title game shot. If we'd held on, I think we'd have beat Michigan St. the following week and gone to Iowa City to end the regular season undefeated. Winning that Big Ten title would have bought him a couple of extra years (and probably better talent too) instead of getting dismissed following the biggest choke job in bowl history 3 years later.

The best coaching talent in the state is undoubtedly Mike Grant, son of Vikings legendary coach Bud Grant, but he hasn't coached above the high school level and seems content dominating at that level with perennial power Eden Prairie.

Like every other city we have our strong and our weak points. I'll limit my comments to that as some of what I could say would get me a scolding to take it to the appropriate forum. :tape: