• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest evaluation of your team through the halfway point

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In-line with expectations so far. The Miami and GT games will dictate our season.

Fuente has us trending in the right direction, but we need to be recruiting at a much higher level.

jjc2009

I Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its still hard to guage what we have here. Our first six games were relatively easy. The only top 10 team we faced beat us, at home, albeit by 1 pt. The only positive I can glean from the first six games is that they actually treated their tomato can opponents like tomato cans. Too many times over the past few years, these games were unnecessarily nail biters. But our backups have gotten meaningful playing time and kept our starters for the most part healthy. But 4-5 out of our next six oppnents are ranked (or were ranked until recently). Our passing game has been inconsistent and our DB's really haven't been challenged like they will next couple of games. Our DL has played above expectations, or WR's and TE's way below.

This could be a really great season or a tale of two ones.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't played good competition and the play has been sloppy. They need to clean up a lot of things or they're going to get caught with their pants at their ankles when they play decent competition.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of your old O-line coaches is looking for a job.

636130017193868030-USATSI-9562974.jpg

If only you guys did this during the offseason, I would have gladly liked to see him come back

our oline coach is in his first year after the Oline coach we had previously (and I'm pretty sure that Oline coach had been here since Kugler left) took off for Washington...it was already going downhill in 2015, so we have to give this new Oline coach a chance

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If only you guys did this during the offseason, I would have gladly liked to see him come back

our oline coach is in his first year after the Oline coach we had previously (and I'm pretty sure that Oline coach had been here since Kugler left) took off for Washington...it was already going downhill in 2015, so we have to give this new Oline coach a chance
I like Kugler. He tried to play smashmouth football without smashmouth talent. But, that talent couldn't have won playing pass happy style either.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thrilled Texas is playing with 100% more passion and effort, not thrilled could not win at least one of the USC or OK games. But just to see players laying it all on the line, as opposed to playing 3/4 speed in games like they're at practice, is a big improvement.

Oh, and have to admit, love having a QB who's tough as nails and never quits. That can carry over to an entire team.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thrilled Texas is playing with 100% more passion and effort, not thrilled could not win at least one of the USC or OK games. But just to see players laying it all on the line, as opposed to playing 3/4 speed in games like they're at practice, is a big improvement.
I think your guys beat either Okie Lite or TCU.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think your guys beat either Okie Lite or TCU.

Man I hope so. Every week, every game is a tough test. It's like there's no letup. Played the #1 offense in the country vs OU...Now we have to play the #1 offense in the country again this week, since OU was held down a bit by UT, and OkST had 747 friggin yards last week!

747 yards of offense.:eek:

8085sooner

Homeboard Troll
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team plays harder away from Norman, then at home.

JohnShadows

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D is flawed but surprising. Tackling better, and getting pressure on QB out of the blue. DJ Wonnum two straight SEC DL of the week, Skai Moore has been awesome in return. Good at creating turnovers.

O is disappointing, but there's been a ton of injuries, both to skill players and line. Bentley is streaky. Playcalling is dubious at times. I thought this team would be more fluid and score a lot more points, that's on the OC Roper.

This has been an opportunistic team that's made some plays when they needed to. Good to be sitting at 5-2

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as good as I thought they were after the first half of the UCLA collapse
Not as bad as I thought they were after the second half of the UCLA collapse

Sumlin might have figured out the trick to surviving a full season in the SEC West
Not so much trying to out score everyone now
Run the ball
Control the clock
Play defense
Build lots of depth
A&M going to keep getting better.....

Just in time for our rich assholes to fire his ass so we can start rebuilding again and send us into another decade of suck

Gopherfan84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preseason prediction was 3-9, but that included a loss at Oregon St. and a win over either Purdue (who beat us) or Illinois (who we play Saturday). So we're slightly ahead of where I predicted. Though we're almost done with the easy part of our conference schedule.

We've looked more competitive than I expected in our losses. The flaws of our team are pretty much the same as they've been for a while--particularly a lack of a competent QB. We've also been ravaged by the injury bug causing us to play a number of youngsters.

I still think Fleck was a terrible hire and he'll really need to step up his game or I may be proven right faster than I was about Brewster.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My preseason prediction was 3-9, but that included a loss at Oregon St. and a win over either Purdue (who beat us) or Illinois (who we play Saturday). So we're slightly ahead of where I predicted. Though we're almost done with the easy part of our conference schedule.

We've looked more competitive than I expected in our losses. The flaws of our team are pretty much the same as they've been for a while--particularly a lack of a competent QB. We've also been ravaged by the injury bug causing us to play a number of youngsters.

I still think Fleck was a terrible hire and he'll really need to step up his game or I may be proven right faster than I was about Brewster.
Why can't Minnesota hire a decent coach? Isn't there any homegrown talent from Minneapolis that would take the job because they want to stay?

When I was at Madison, I knew a lot of Twin Cities area locals who thought it was one of the great cities in the country (they didn't travel much), so they breed some homers up there.

UKnation87

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense - not as "smash mouth" as I expected but they've been able to make the plays when needed to win games. We really miss Boom Williams who had 1 year left but decided to go un-drafted in the NFL. :L

Defense - MUCH better than I expected against the run overall and outside of two brain-dead plays against Florida, this unit has absolutely helped UK win when the game was on the line thus far.

Special Teams - overall I would say it's an improvement from last season. Need to the avg yards per punt up a bit.

Record - it's hard not to be happy with a 5 - 1 record sitting solely in 2nd place in the SEC East but I still can't believe that let the Florida game slip by so it does damper the taste a bit.

I still believe my Cats can be in position to win 9 games this year which would get a statue of Mark Stoops built outside of the stadium.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team plays harder away from Norman, then at home.
That seems to be a trait for TCU and Okie Lite as well. You guys might be better off playing in Fort Worth than Norman. But Bedlam is in Stillwater I think so you have that going for you.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is where I expected. said they would be at either 4 or 5 wins going into WSU. Offense is better than last year but they go to where they are based on their first 5 games. Losing Herbert has hurt but Oregon still would have lost to both WSU and Stanford but the games would have been a little closer.
Defense is better than last year. not hard to do.

OP said be honest.