• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest evaluation of your team through the halfway point

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inc. so far. We are crushing lesser competition but 1-1 against likely bowl teams. The next three games will tell us alot.

That being said, offense has been as good as advertised and the defense is coming around. Corners are starting to grow up which is good with what is ahead of us. Ateman has established himself as a solid no. 2 WR out of a really talented group. We are putting the special in special teams so far which is a concern.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I generally have no expectations, all my teams are pretty much living up to expectations

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is the worst 6-1 team I've seen in a long time, maybe ever.

They've been inconsistent as fuck. The last game was a microcosm of the season. Looked like a bottom ten team in the first half and a playoff team in the 2nd half.

The offensive line needs to get healthy, stay healthy and gel. Darnold needs to develop chemistry with his other receivers not named Burnett and we need to figure out a way to establish the run so Darnold doesn't feel like he has to win every game by himself.

I have no real complaints about the defense other than they tend to start a little slow. Love the way they force turnovers and they have held up pretty well considering how inconsistent and sometimes flat out bad, the offense has been.

If the offense can get rolling, USC can win the PAC and be in contention for the playoff. If not, the season could end badly. Maybe not "coach fired on the tarmac" kind of bad, but still bad.

Inconsistent , disappointing, undisciplined and underachieving. And yet 6-1. It gets real this Saturday when the Trojans travel to Notre Dame. They are underdogs for the first time this season albeit only 4 point dogs on the road so vegas thinks it's a coin flip. and a winnable game. Win this game and the skies clear up a little. Lose and a hard look has to be taken at OC Tee Martin. He's lucky USC has just had more talent than most of the teams they have played and talent is usually the main reason teams win. Because those slow starts would kill you if you were playing an evenly matched opponent. They should be better than what they have shown. by now. The excuse that they lost 3 starting O line men and their two top Wrs to the NFL was fine for a game or two but it'a not anymore. Time to put up or shut up.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Were a consistent team. That's all I got to say right now!

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas. 3-3 at the moment. Only real goal is to make a bowl. Likely loss to Okie St and likely win over Kansas. Where do the other 2 wins come from? Baylor is a definite possibility. TCU is almost a sure loss. That means we have to beat either West Virginia or Tech. Tom Herman is a pretty good coach and he can pull it off. Trouble is, most of the good teams have killer QB's so we have to outscore them.
Glad you put "almost" in there. I'm not real "sure" about this one. Kenny Hill has been known to crap the bed at times.

CorpRebel

Rock-n-Roll
Hoopla Cash
$ 650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This week's game against ND will probably set the tone for the rest of the season.

I'm liking being the underdog @ South Bend this time around. Maybe THAT will help 'wake the team up' a bit!! :nod:

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedulers make some really odd decisions some times. I like the conference games earlier as well, it was fun playing Indiana first game of the year this year. I wouldn't want to see playing a FCS or crap mid major late in the season.
Agree. A BYE is better than those shit shows in November. JMO

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since I generally have no expectations, all my teams are pretty much living up to expectations
Hell Hu, you've got NC State mixed in there with Wyoming and NMSU. You gotta replace them with another team that ain't got chance...like all four of mine! Come on man!

hatcher3333

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UGA total pleased with. Routing UF will get me chanting "we want Bama"

Georgia Southern???? i have no idea how any coach can take a Bowl winning team to a 0-6 record in 1 and 1/2 years.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell Hu, you've got NC State mixed in there with Wyoming and NMSU. You gotta replace them with another team that ain't got chance...like all four of mine! Come on man!

@Used 2 B Hu
May I suggest Nebraska?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this would be a rebuilding year (in the prediction thread, I had them at 9-3 with losses to PSU/Wisky/OSU) but I wasn't expecting a loss to Sparty. 8-4 looks very likely. I thought the OL was a concern going into the season and there'd be some growing pains with the passing game (mostly due to the lack of experience at WR), but I thought there would be stability at QB with Speight (even if he wasn't very good). He struggled and his season is most likely over, and O'Korn is just lol. I thought the running game would be better this year, but it's been pretty meh. The lack of passing game doesn't help matters, though Higdon looked very good against a solid Indiana defense.

The defense is awesome though. The defensive line looked great coming into the season, but Hurst and Winovich have been forces and Gary looks like he's coming into his own. LBs and CBs have been pleasant surprises, Devin Bush might be the best player on the team right now.

This season is a bit disappointing, but I'm very optimistic going into next year with the majority of their starters returning. I'll feel even better if Peters takes over at QB and doesn't suck.

Pretty much spot on to what I said at the beginning of the year. In retrospect, the offense is actually much worse than I thought they’d be. The defense is better than I thought they’d be and special teams are light years better than I thought they’d be.

I thought Speight would improve with a year of experience under his belt if he won the job. He most definitely didn’t. I thought Brandon Peters would be the backup if he didn’t win the job. He isn’t. And John O’Korn is exactly the QB I said he’d be — worst case of happy feet I’ve ever seen and struggles with pressure. So I’m actually surprised to be 5-1, but also surprised the loss was to MSU (props to Dantonio). I also can’t believe how poor our QB play has been, but in the end, that is a snap shot of the offense as a whole. You need 11 guys on the same page to make it work and UM never has that on offense it seems and when they do, the QB misses a throw or RB misses a hole.

Defense has been a pleasant surprise. Lavert Hill looks like a Jourdan Lewis clone. Our safeties have played well, other than one blown assignment against AF. Maurice Hurst is absolutely a wrecking ball in the middle of the DL and the defense is the main reason we have one loss.

Special teams — Quinn Nordin is a freak. I watched him before a game and he puts the ball down on the end of the end zone and repeatedly kicks balls full force off the bar of the upright, it is crazy. As a freshman, he has hit from 56 already and has made like 11 in a row now. He is literally our best offensive player:lol:

Prediction: 9-3. Think we beat one of the top teams we have left, because none of their offenses are as good as year’s past, but good enough to outscore our miserable offense.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is where I expected. said they would be at either 4 or 5 wins going into WSU. Offense is better than last year but they go to where they are based on their first 5 games. Losing Herbert has hurt but Oregon still would have lost to both WSU and Stanford but the games would have been a little closer.
Defense is better than last year. not hard to do.

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly have no idea.

This doesn't look like a dominant Wisconsin team (even if games like Purdue were not nearly as close as the score implied, partly due to turnovers). What I don't know is whether this a Wisconsin team that plays up or down to the level of its opponents but always wins (which we've had in the past), or a team that would be 9-3 against last year's schedule.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You know, you're right...gimme a second

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite team is whoever's playing Nebraska. That team is 4-3 this year and has a couple of truly impressive wins.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU - Still have little confidence in JT and the passing game in big games. All the other areas have looked solid, besides a little shaky play by the Special Teams at times

ASU - already a better record than I thought. Wins over Washington and Oregon in Tempe were awesome to watch. Hopefully builds for next year. Still wondering in Todd Graham will be around, he may have saved his job if he can get a bowl game and/or beat U of A.

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,525.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite team is whoever's playing Nebraska. That team is 4-3 this year and has a couple of truly impressive wins.

How DARE you! Us long-suffering Nebraska fans won't tolerate this affrontery