• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Honest evaluation of your team through the halfway point

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team other than those in the hurricane areas have played at least 6 teams now, some have played 7, give us your honest evaluation of your team and expectations for the rest of the season.

For Georgia they have far surpassed my preseason expectations so far. Even before the season, it was feasible to see a 7-0 start, but I certainly didn't expect them to be dominating teams the way they've been doing.

But this team still has flaws. The secondary is inconsistent. They have moments of greatness, but they are also capable of major blown coverage. Drew Lock was able to exploit that a few times during the Missouri game, and the pass rush comes and goes at times.

The O-line has been the biggest surprise this season. It was a dreadful unit last season, and while they're far from an elite pass protection unit, they have been serviceable, and have done a great job opening up holes for the loaded backfield.

And I think Fromm has gotten better with each game. He's still a true freshman, and he has made some mistakes along the way, but he has learned from them so far(except the dude needs to learn how to slide). He doesn't have quite as big of an arm as Eason, but from what I've seen, he's far more accurate, and can still hit the deep bomb, and while he is a pocket passer, he can make plays with his feet when needed.

Going forward, I've never seen UGA go undefeated during the regular season, so I can't really predict them to do that. As bad as Florida has looked, the Cocktail Party is a major mental hurdle the team will have to overcome given Florida's dominance in the rivalry throughout my entire life. I'm not counting that as a win by no means just yet.

And while we're definitely on the right track, people, especially other UGA fans(not on here, but in general) need to cool their jets with thinking we can beat Bama. As far as starters go, we're pretty close to Bama, but we can't come close to matching their depth just yet in any position other than running back. As we saw last weekend, anything is possible, but as of now, I think Bama would be at least a 10 point favorite.

I think we're a legit top 5-10 team, but I don't see us as legit title contenders just yet. We'll get there, but just not this season. We're still behind Bama and Ohio State for sure and probably still behind Clemson, Penn State and Oklahoma as well.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense - absolute trash
Defense - better than expect
Special teams - meh

Record - delighted

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State- Happy to see the team appearing to play to the level they are capable of. Still reserved on whether they can do it against a quality oppponent. Penn State after the bye week so we will find out

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio State- Happy to see the team appearing to play to the level they are capable of. Still reserved on whether they can do it against a quality oppponent. Penn State after the bye week so we will find out

I think OSU wins out and makes the playoffs again. Not sure if I think they can beat Bama again, but this year does have a 2014 type of feel for OSU to me.

Hope I'm wrong and they implode and Urban has another fake heart attack, but I'm not seeing it.

pitman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense = Non productive
Defense = good for how young they are
Special teams = better than last year

Over all, we are better at beating ourselves, than beating anyone else.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I recall that Penn St had the bye before playing OSU at home last year, so I guess the B1G wanted to play that in reverse and see if the results are any different...we'll find out soon enough

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We suck worse than normal.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think OSU wins out and makes the playoffs again. Not sure if I think they can beat Bama again, but this year does have a 2014 type of feel for OSU to me.

Hope I'm wrong and they implode and Urban has another fake heart attack, but I'm not seeing it.
Me too. Me thinks Sparty may be more of a problem for them than Michigan or Penn State. But Sparty would have to win 6-3 and I can't see all that OSU firepower being blanked from at least one TD.

Chewbaccer

Illustrious Potentate
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too. Me thinks Sparty may be more of a problem for them than Michigan or Penn State. But Sparty would have to win 6-3 and I can see all that OSU firepower being blanked from at least one TD.

If it's raining when MSU plays OSU, bet the house on Sparty though. But Sparty seems to always play well against OSU, even last year they gave OSU all they could handle.

TheReal_NU

This space intentionally left blank
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just wait till next year.
Or the year after that.

Or something.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lost to Iowa State at home.

fishinabarrel

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recall that Penn St had the bye before playing OSU at home last year, so I guess the B1G wanted to play that in reverse and see if the results are any different...we'll find out soon enough

IIRC three teams in a row had bye weeks the week before playing Ohio State. Wisconsin, Penn State, and Northwestern

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our offense can't seem to find consistency at the QB position but part of that is us having one of the worst offensive lines in college football, it is ridiculous how bad we are there. Mattison is starting to gain momentum as the lead back and he's figuring things out which is good, Wilson is amazing at receiver and we're actually getting Jake Roh more involved.

The defense though has been very good other than an awful performance against Virginia

Our special teams are good which is a major surprise

Voltaire26

Detroit Born and Raised
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense - We are going to Oz to see if the wizard will give us one
Defense - This is our offense, I love 'em
Special teams - We have someone to kick field goals ... I'm happy

Record - Grateful ... it could be worse

Hoopla Cash
$ 385,552.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah...meh...gd mfer....ok....wtf....meh....yeah

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
15-0

FakeBelieve

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,389.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah

6-7 wins then a trip to something like the poinsettia bowl or the Las Vegas bowl

Usually pretty good in bowl games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC is the worst 6-1 team I've seen in a long time, maybe ever.

They've been inconsistent as fuck. The last game was a microcosm of the season. Looked like a bottom ten team in the first half and a playoff team in the 2nd half.

The offensive line needs to get healthy, stay healthy and gel. Darnold needs to develop chemistry with his other receivers not named Burnett and we need to figure out a way to establish the run so Darnold doesn't feel like he has to win every game by himself.

I have no real complaints about the defense other than they tend to start a little slow. Love the way they force turnovers and they have held up pretty well considering how inconsistent and sometimes flat out bad, the offense has been.

If the offense can get rolling, USC can win the PAC and be in contention for the playoff. If not, the season could end badly. Maybe not "coach fired on the tarmac" kind of bad, but still bad.