• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hokie hoops vs UNC

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit. A certain vt friendly website has just gone down...

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie's attempt at defending is horrible. What does he work on in practice (besides shooting 3's)?

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well shit. A certain vt friendly website has just gone down...

At first I thought this was in reference to above. But then I figured you were talking about Phreaks link. If you have an Xbox you can watch on that.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie's attempt at defending is horrible. What does he work on in practice (besides shooting 3's)?

At least he's filling up the stat sheet since Green is having on off night.

BTW, Disney's "Gamecast" blows.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At first I thought this was in reference to above. But then I figured you were talking about Phreaks link. If you have an Xbox you can watch on that.

For real? I didn't know that. Damn. By the time I hook it up, the game will be over.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well according to the non-visual play tracker on Disney, it says we keep turning the ball over and BYU is up 4 with 15 seconds left. I'm going to assume we just gave this game away in embarrassing yet typical fashion

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney's gamecast play by play

"Green missed lay up"

"Green offensive rebound"

"Brown missed three"

Game over.

Please tell me that's not as bad as it sounds.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green drove to the hoop into about 4 defenders, got blocked, ball rolled to I think Hudson? he got swarmed so he tossed it quick to Brown who tried a pretty deep three that hit the back rim.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Green drove to the hoop into about 4 defenders, got blocked, ball rolled to I think Hudson? he got swarmed so he tossed it quick to Brown who tried a pretty deep three that hit the back rim.

That's not far off from how I envisioned it. LOL. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

So yeah, we lose to a team that only shot 33 percent from the field. We've got to stop turning the ball over and wasting possessions

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney's gamecast play by play

"Green missed lay up"

"Green offensive rebound"

"Brown missed three"

Game over.

Please tell me that's not as bad as it sounds.

Haha it was worse.... but i totally expected it. Outside of that Hudson shot at UVA this team hasnt hit any clutch shots.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn....Green, Brown and Eddie a combined 4-10 from the charity stripe.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was at the game. It sucks to lose a close one especially when we missed so many FTs and had so many TO's. We rebounded excellent in the first half then got out rebounded in the second. Too often they sent 2 or 3 to the offensive glass and got a rebound.

I also was not a big fan of the 2-3 zone to end the game. I think it plays to their playing style. The Euro-style bigs are able to get space in the high post for their mid range jumpers and their guards can shoot semi-open 3 point shots. I know we were getting beat off the dribble in man by Bigs posting up far off the block but still.

We were actually pretty good on offense. We got close to the basket and had several good shots. We just were not able to make layups in first part of the game and it put us in the hole. I liked the way we got Raines and Davila touches inside. I also love when Hudson and Brown got to catch, jump stop and shoot the midrange shot against their zone. It seems like a good weapon against the zone when we can't get dribble penetration or get it inside otherwise.
We just had way too many turnovers. Hudson hasn't been a very good ball handler this year, so he should not be on point despite his 40 pt game against Seton Hall he had last time he played point.

Another close loss I guess.

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...I've pretty much written this season off at this point. It's kind of sad to watch and I get so frustrated that I change the channel/game feed to something else usually.

jermadams

HOKIES!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
was at the game tonight...was surprised on how many BYU fans were in attendance.... BYU hit big shot after big shot and DIDNT MISS FREE THROWS...that was def. the difference in the game..smh

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Raines has the right idea. It can't be anyone's "fault" because you win or lose as a team.

egreen11vt Erick Green
My fault #hokienation

TwatchMeDoMe4vt Cadarian Raines
“@UGA_Hokie @egreen11vt @TwatchMeDoMe4vt @RbrownVT_1 win together lose together. hang in there. #hokienation” appreciate that

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sigh...I've pretty much written this season off at this point. It's kind of sad to watch and I get so frustrated that I change the channel/game feed to something else usually.

Pretty safe to write it off unless you want to light some candles, burn some incense, and pray that we go on a historic miracle run during the ACC tournament and win the thing.

This team just finds ways to lose. We were absolutely dreadful in the 1st half but came out with a fairly solid offensive strategy in the 2nd half. Despite this, we gave the ball away on way too many possessions and forced shots in bad situations. BYU shot 33% FG and 20% from 3. This was done mostly with a man to man defense. And like Croc said, when we went to a 2-3, BYU built it's lead back up. Just finding ways to lose. You fix one thing, yet you go lax in another area.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First double double of Jarell Eddie's college career. 14 rebounds, 12 points. He's been more active rebounding lately.