• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Hokie Hoops vs. Duke

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just thought it was time for a new thread for us cursed hokie hoops fans. I just picked up this tidbit of information from the VT Athletics facebook page:
Virginia Tech Athletics
Just heard the ESPN cameras will be at Chalk Talk with Seth this Thursday at noon at D2 dining hall. Students be sure to come on out as Coach Greenberg previews our game with Duke that night and answers your questions!

I go to all the Chalk Talks I can make so this is pretty awesome. Sadly, I can only go to the first half or so for the Duke game because my intramural basketball team got scheduled for a game during the Duke game. WTF VT recsports.

I predict it might play out similar to the UNC game except without the blowout in the second half. Instead, I think it ends up being a close game. This is one of the weaker Duke teams in years and we always come to play against UNC and Duke in the Cassell.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take a "sportshoopla.com" sign and make sure you sneak into the background of all their camera shots.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cameras were definitely there. I had to leave early, though.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was sitting at the table closest to Greenburg, and the camera guy was sitting next me.

What I gathered from it:
Look for Raines and Davila to be on the floor again when both Plumees come on the court but they will probably not start together.
Duke tries to deny the pass aggressively, so we've got to compete offensively to space the defense out and drive to the hoop.
He explained some plays Duke runs on offense but it gets pretty confusing.
Don't let Duke deny the ballscreen on offense, didn't quite get what he meant.

I'm taking off, seeing the first half of the duke game then running at half time to play some intramural basketball. Fucking recsports scheduling my game over the Duke Game.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry Croc but Duke game > Intramural game.

The only way I'd leave at half is if we were down by like 20. Which is a real possibility given our play recently.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything more gay than the "Cassell Guard"? Seriously who signed off on that corny shit. And WTF do they get front row tickets? So fucking gay :burt:

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is there anything more gay than the "Cassell Guard"? Seriously who signed off on that corny shit. And WTF do they get front row tickets? So fucking gay :burt:

Don't they have to go to every home game for men/women to be in it?

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these refs are not playin around tonight...better keep it tight..

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They started it 3 (?) years ago in an attempt to create a more hostile environment similar to the Cameron Crazies. You have to try out to be in it or something (by showing your spirit). And if you get in, you have to attend all winter events I think or you lose you tickets. Plus, they're responsible for coming up with chants and other taunts. Sorta lame imo. It's best that stuff happen organically.

EDIT:

Down 10 at the half. Duke is just making more shots. We're getting the ball in the paint for a change but we aren't hitting. Rebounding is about even, we have had quite a few turnovers.

Last edited by a moderator:

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's best that stuff happen organically.

Exactly. And their chants suck, they usually get overrun by the left-right, bullshit, you cant do that ones. How do you try out? Dress and act like a total douche, be as lame as you can. And theyre not at every sport, just basketball. They even have their own cheesy intro.

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the biggest crowd of the season and they couldn't get anything better than the high techs for halftime? Lame.

Still beats nickelback.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the biggest crowd of the season and they couldn't get anything better than the high techs for halftime? Lame.

Still beats nickelback.

I know right? I'm sure Southern X would rent us a few ladies for the night

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 mins left, game is lost. We're down by 20 and royally getting worked over in just about every aspect. Oh well. On to the next one

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could have stopped the dreaded layup in the first half we would be in much better shape. Also if we could hit more than one 3.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I was one of the bad fans walking out early. It was just not our night, plain and simple. We missed too many open 3's and Rivers was killing us. There was one thing bugging the hell out of me. Early in the second half, Duke ran the same exact offensive play like 4 times in a row. Basically, a big guy would catch it on the wing, hand it off to Curry, then rub the defender. We made no adjustments and they scored every time!

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to leave at halftime to go to the men's intramural basketball. My team ended up playing Logan Thomas and other members of the football team.