• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Thursday Hokie Hoops vs. Duke

hokiecheme11

Mr. Manager
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had to leave at halftime to go to the men's intramural basketball. My team ended up playing Logan Thomas and other members of the football team.

Ha, well if you were anything like my intramural team when we played against Tyrod and Kam, it was more of a highlight film of their team than a "game"

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, well if you were anything like my intramural team when we played against Tyrod and Kam, it was more of a highlight film of their team than a "game"
We were actually leading 17-15 or so at one point, but it ended up them just running the fast break and dunking/lay up. We basically had to put up three's or floaters or else Logan Thomas would come out nowhere and block the ball away. The score ended up being 75-38.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Btw on the actually basketball game from what I saw. Our defense just wasn't that good. I can understand getting beat down low but our perimeter defense was horrible. Our defenders were caught way out of position to set up open 3 pointers or dribble drive opportunities. You just can't let defenders blow by you like that.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We were actually leading 17-15 or so at one point, but it ended up them just running the fast break and dunking/lay up. We basically had to put up three's or floaters or else Logan Thomas would come out nowhere and block the ball away. The score ended up being 75-38.

Logan playing intramurals is not fair. I've reffed him a few times and all he has to do is stand in the key and you have no chance of getting anywhere near the basket.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris did you know Dan Gardner? He graduated last year but he was pretty big into reffing IM and even did some HS stuff. One of the most genuine people I've ever met.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logan playing intramurals is not fair. I've reffed him a few times and all he has to do is stand in the key and you have no chance of getting anywhere near the basket.
One of the guys on our team tried to shoot jumpers from the FT line. It doesn't help that his shot is low arcing, but Logan swatted it away every time LOL

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris did you know Dan Gardner? He graduated last year but he was pretty big into reffing IM and even did some HS stuff. One of the most genuine people I've ever met.

I'm also a ref, and yes I know Dan. He was one of the supervisors. Really nice guy.

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah Dan was huge into soccer (I'm pretty sure he reffed high school/VT club). Definitely a good guy.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Doe-Doe's "games without a made FG" streak up to now, 5? :(

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is Doe-Doe's "games without a made FG" streak up to now, 5? :(
He is going to be good. It just looks like right now he's thinking too much and having to force things. I feel the same vibe from Marquis Rankin and to a lesser degree Robert Brown. Hopefully, we see some improvement this year.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
god damn this season is frustrating as all hell....started out good, then with about 6 minutes left in the half we took a massive shit on the court.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So for some reason, the women's basketball coach showed up for the Chalk Talk today instead of Seth Greenburg. I was looking at the women's teams games and it is mind boggling. Tonight against Clemson, they had 28 offensive and ended up taking 30 more shots then Clemson in a LOOSING effort. How does this happen?? They also lost against NC State by 12 despite taking 35 more shots than NC state.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is going to be good. It just looks like right now he's thinking too much and having to force things. I feel the same vibe from Marquis Rankin and to a lesser degree Robert Brown. Hopefully, we see some improvement this year.

Oh I don't doubt that he'll be good. He was ranked very highly by pretty much everyone so I wouldn't think all the experts missed that badly. His confidence is just destroyed right now. It's painful to watch. You can just see him melting away as the game goes on.

I don't see why we don't park him on the block to try to get some offensive putbacks. He's lanky and athletic enough to rebound so maybe if he sees the ball going through the hoop off some "easy" shots, his confidence will build back up. That makes more sense to me than having him stand around the 3 point line waiting to get the ball on a busted play.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not VT hoops, but just read Greg Oden is having another surgery on his knees. Will the guy ever play?

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I don't doubt that he'll be good. He was ranked very highly by pretty much everyone so I wouldn't think all the experts missed that badly. His confidence is just destroyed right now. It's painful to watch. You can just see him melting away as the game goes on.
Its pretty insane considering the work he is putting in. Women's basketball coach said that Finney Smith was in the practice facility a lot working on his shot when the men's team wasn't practicing.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its pretty insane considering the work he is putting in. Women's basketball coach said that Finney Smith was in the practice facility a lot working on his shot when the men's team wasn't practicing.

Geez. Somebody get this kid a psychologist!

Lumbee09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never personally met DFS, but I've heard he's pretty shy and soft-spoken. He has the skills and determination, but like you guys said, he's just lacking confidence. He just needs some more college basketball experience and a good game or 2 to get him performing to his fullest.