• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hokie hoops vs UNC

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Finally, an ACC win

After losing three of those close ones, it was nice to finally see one fall VT's way.

To his credit, Greenberg had a good game plan to control Scott.

Still, way too many turnovers, and VT was lucky that UVA can't make free throws.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After losing three of those close ones, it was nice to finally see one fall VT's way.

To his credit, Greenberg had a good game plan to control Scott.

Still, way too many turnovers, and VT was lucky that UVA can't make free throws.

Eddie seems to be good for 2 to 3 bad passes per game and the same number of fumbles on receiving a pass. But to his credit Eddie seemed to look better on rebounding the ball against UVA....went up and got a few instead of standing there waiting.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie seems to be good for 2 to 3 bad passes per game and the same number of fumbles on receiving a pass. But to his credit Eddie seemed to look better on rebounding the ball against UVA....went up and got a few instead of standing there waiting.
I have seen the same thing. He is under a ton of pressure to produce offensively because he has such an awesome shot. He needs to relax and develop a good shot fake then he will be unstoppable and cut down on mistakes. I love that he is making an impact on the boards though. Since we are undersized at C, we need everyone including the guards to rebound. I think bad rebounding is mostly a youth thing. Everyone needs to be aggressive in chasing them down. We can't let teams like UVA have 10 offensive rebounds and expect to win every time.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen the same thing. He is under a ton of pressure to produce offensively because he has such an awesome shot. He needs to relax and develop a good shot fake then he will be unstoppable and cut down on mistakes. I love that he is making an impact on the boards though. Since we are undersized at C, we need everyone including the guards to rebound. I think bad rebounding is mostly a youth thing. Everyone needs to be aggressive in chasing them down. We can't let teams like UVA have 10 offensive rebounds and expect to win every time.

It would help if someone bothered to teach them rebounding fundamentals. It's not just the young guys, but I see just about every one of our players going up with one hand or trying to tip the ball out to a guard. TWO HANDS PEOPLE. Box out, jump up, and secure the ball with two hands. You're not making any highlight reels regardless of how cool it looks to palm a rebound with one hand.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The BYU-VT game televised?
NM, on ESPN3

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it is going about as horrible as it can go....

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it is going about as horrible as it can go....

UVA game hangover? This is pathetic....VT is standing around on both ends and cannot shoot worth a shit. And Seth wonders why the attendance is so poor.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could these two teams shoot any worse? Both are in the 20s percentage wise. You could go out on campus and find intramural squads that could play better than what's on the court right now

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this could be the ugliest basketball I have ever seen and I was forced to watch the JV Girls when I was in highschool

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't an emoticon to accurately describe how bad we are.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh snap! Offensive explosion to close out the half! 3 shots made! :P

At least we're only down by 4.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh snap! Offensive explosion to close out the half! 3 shots made! :P

At least we're only down by 4.

It is a miracle that we are only down by 4. If we actually hit some shots we will be ok. Defense is forcing them into bad shots and we are attacking more than usual on offense. Seems like the refs are letting the hack a lot.

jgHokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey...look at it this way....if we score some more points...and they don't...we could win this thing....lol

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't an emoticon to accurately describe how bad we are.

smh-o.gif

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doe Doe a nice 0/7 start from the field.

Who shat on this kids confidence? He hasn't made a FG since we started ACC play

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DFS just missed a dunk. Seriously, did somebody put a curse on him?

EDIT:

And Seth just took him out of the game. Cameras show Seth consoling DFS on the sideline. I don't know what you could say to him at this point. It's baffling how ice cold he is.

Last edited by a moderator:

sparko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
wow -- i gave my sister and nephew sweet tickets to that game .. glad i didn't pay for those things but disappointed that they're watching a shit-bird of a game

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 mins left and we've got BYU in the penalty. Key now is to keep attacking them so we can get easy points at the FT stripe.

Offensively, it appears we have a gameplan tonight. We're creating a TON of space and stretching the defense out. Once the D is out, we're attacking the middle one on one and sometimes the 5 cuts to the basket during the penetration. I like it. I could do without the forced 3s and long 2s though

BTW, Davila is shooting 3-3 and has made 4/5 FTs. Told you guys. When he gets the ball around the basket, he's effective.

Last edited by a moderator:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 mins left and we've got BYU in the penalty. Key now is to keep attacking them so we can get easy points at the FT stripe.

Offensively, it appears we have a gameplan tonight. We're creating a TON of space and stretching the defense out. Once the D is out, we're attacking the middle one on one and sometimes the 5 cuts to the basket during the penetration. I like it. I could do without the forced 3s and long 2s though

BTW, Davila is shooting 3-3 and has made 4/5 FTs. Told you guys. When he gets the ball around the basket, he's effective.

The gameplan didn't get installed until halftime. Does Seth ever put Raines and Davilla on the floor together? Seems we could get some rebounds on these guys with two bigs.