• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey guys, what's going on on the Sherman front?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to 710 right now, and Salk just said that yesterday Adam Shefter reported that Sherman is the one who has initiated this whole dance. He apparently came to the Hawks and asked them to trade him. Seems like this would have been bigger news, but interesting all the same.

This report seems to juxtapose with Sherm's earlier statement about not wanting to leave "his guys" but that he understands it's a business. If he asked for a trade, then indeed he actually does want to leave his guys.

Yep, the rumor is he asked to see what they could get for him. I don't think it's much of a i want to be traded but more of you don't know what you got. Sherman's head is starting to get a little to big. He is buying into his own hype :P.

Like Dough Baldwin said. "Sherman is a really smart guy but he thinks he is smarter than he actually is"

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, the rumor is he asked to see what they could get for him. I don't think it's much of a i want to be traded but more of you don't know what you got. Sherman's head is starting to get a little to big. He is buying into his own hype :P.

Like Dough Baldwin said. "Sherman is a really smart guy but he thinks he is smarter than he actually is"
He REALLY REALLY is getting on my nerves. He is an employee at one of the coolest jobs you could ever ask for, and he still manages to whine and complain when he doesn't get his way. Then he says through all of this that he will use this as another chip on his shoulder. WTF is he talking about? HE CREATED THIS GARBAGE! I'm over it, see yuh!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief people, it's like he's your unfaithful girlfriend.

Just chill for a while.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He REALLY REALLY is getting on my nerves. He is an employee at one of the coolest jobs you could ever ask for, and he still manages to whine and complain when he doesn't get his way. Then he says through all of this that he will use this as another chip on his shoulder. WTF is he talking about? HE CREATED THIS GARBAGE! I'm over it, see yuh!

We really don't know what is going on. I haven't heard anything from Sherman saying he wanted to be traded, or anything from the Seahawks that indicated it was Shermans idea. Got one guy in the media making the claim. Speaking for myself, I'm just going to wait and see what happens. Chances are this is much ado over nothing.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We really don't know what is going on. I haven't heard anything from Sherman saying he wanted to be traded, or anything from the Seahawks that indicated it was Shermans idea. Got one guy in the media making the claim. Speaking for myself, I'm just going to wait and see what happens. Chances are this is much ado over nothing.

While i some what agree, this smoke started from some place it did not come out of thin air. I don't think the Media just made it up and it snowballed but i am also not to worried about it. The cost for Sherman is at pretty much it's highest point. Sure last season and the season before might have been higher but not much.

If a team really wants him, it's going to cost them a arm and leg. A mid to high first rounder and a "very good player" most likely a Olineman and most teams that could use Sherman and have the cap space don't have a lineman they can afford to give up. Titans could really use him and have the capital ( draft picks ) to make it happen but not the "really good player" on the oline or anywhere else. They have to keep their few "really good players" that they have. Would make no sense in bringing in a 29 yo CB and lose 1 of their what 2? 3? stars they have on that team?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd rather he stay for a couple more years, but I can see 2 teams with the capital PLUS the motivation to get a Sherman. Dallas and Atlanta are loaded with talent, and both need that defensive 'guy' to put them over the top to contend for a title.

Be patient, and the trade reward could be pretty good. Dallas could offer up an o-linemen, and ATL has stupid talent throughout their lineup, and both could offer up a 1st as well.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While i some what agree, this smoke started from some place it did not come out of thin air. I don't think the Media just made it up and it snowballed but i am also not to worried about it. The cost for Sherman is at pretty much it's highest point. Sure last season and the season before might have been higher but not much.

If a team really wants him, it's going to cost them a arm and leg. A mid to high first rounder and a "very good player" most likely a Olineman and most teams that could use Sherman and have the cap space don't have a lineman they can afford to give up. Titans could really use him and have the capital ( draft picks ) to make it happen but not the "really good player" on the oline or anywhere else. They have to keep their few "really good players" that they have. Would make no sense in bringing in a 29 yo CB and lose 1 of their what 2? 3? stars they have on that team?

Well great draft for CBs, which makes the market for a vet CB depressed. Why trade for one, when you can find your own in the draft? Just another reason Sherman most likely stays put.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a fair assumption. I'm still just having a tough time seeing why another team would want to trade for him at this point. He's 29 with 2 years left on a contract that will pay him a base salary of $11M both years. If you're not a contending team right now, going after an oldish expensive CB doesn't seem like a move to get you there. If you are a contending team now, I don't think most of those have much cap room. Maybe Dallas does.

If there's a team out there that also has an older expensive player they want to unload, and they're willing to add some picks to the deal, then maybe there's a partner.

I think the FO has zero intention on moving him which is why the price is really high. Of course if some team wants to break the bank for him then Sherm gets moved.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014: The Harvin drama, Wilson "isn't black enough"
2015: Lynch pulls out of the playoff game on the flight to said game

Last year was filled with drama, but it's par for the course.

This team knows how to keep its fans on their toes.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I'd rather he stay for a couple more years, but I can see 2 teams with the capital PLUS the motivation to get a Sherman. Dallas and Atlanta are loaded with talent, and both need that defensive 'guy' to put them over the top to contend for a title.

Be patient, and the trade reward could be pretty good. Dallas could offer up an o-linemen, and ATL has stupid talent throughout their lineup, and both could offer up a 1st as well.

why do we want to help either of those teams win a superbowl?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The idea is to sell high....if that is possible, otherwise Sherman stays put IMO. It's more about helping the Seahawks win a SB. Other then RW everyone else is replaceable.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because J+S figure they can win their own superbowl with an upgrade at the O-line, and figure they can nail a DB draft choice that won't be a bust?

Is this a trick question?

They aren't trading him for a bag of chips and some sweat socks.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because J+S figure they can win their own superbowl with an upgrade at the O-line, and figure they can nail a DB draft choice that won't be a bust?

Is this a trick question?

They aren't trading him for a bag of chips and some sweat socks.

This may be a wild idea, but how about trading him to the Jets for Richardson and a first?

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This may be a wild idea, but how about trading him to the Jets for Richardson and a first?
He's talented, but just as mercurial as Sherman no? Maybe even more so, since isn't he one of those guys who figures the rules don't apply to him?

Sherm goes off on people, but it's always in the interests of winning/success. Or at least as he sees it.

But I dunno, Richardson would give us pressure from the tackle spot, but as needs go, I'd put that at #3, behind O line and DB.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's talented, but just as mercurial as Sherman no? Maybe even more so, since isn't he one of those guys who figures the rules don't apply to him?

Sherm goes off on people, but it's always in the interests of winning/success. Or at least as he sees it.

But I dunno, Richardson would give us pressure from the tackle spot, but as needs go, I'd put that at #3, behind O line and DB.
Yes as need goes #3. However I don't see any team giving up a OL worth spit and DB would obviously be addressed in the draft. A pass rushing DT would be a boon I would think and the Jets have the sixth pick which is sweet for a prime time player.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes as need goes #3. However I don't see any team giving up a OL worth spit and DB would obviously be addressed in the draft. A pass rushing DT would be a boon I would think and the Jets have the sixth pick which is sweet for a prime time player.

Well take the Cowboys. Their team strength is O line. Their weakness is DB's. So in theory, they could give up quality to get quality.

The higher the draft choice, the less likely a team is to make a trade with us. It is the Jets however, so who knows. :)

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well take the Cowboys. Their team strength is O line. Their weakness is DB's. So in theory, they could give up quality to get quality.

The higher the draft choice, the less likely a team is to make a trade with us. It is the Jets however, so who knows. :)
Well I think a trade is unlikely to happen period,I'm just spit balling here. As for the Cowboys, well their OL depth took a big hit this season, so no don't see that being possible.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think a trade is unlikely to happen period,I'm just spit balling here. As for the Cowboys, well their OL depth took a big hit this season, so no don't see that being possible.

Fair enough. I saw Fox Sports and one other outlet floating the idea of a specific Dallas/Sea deal.

I agree a deal is unlikely. I think he has two years before he starts to decline.