• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey guys, what's going on on the Sherman front?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming a trade was to actually happen, I'm not all that interested in supplying a potential playoff opponent with a Pro Bowl player still in his prime. If he moves on to one of those teams in free agency in a couple years, so be it, but let's not do it to ourselves if we don't have to.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because J+S figure they can win their own superbowl with an upgrade at the O-line, and figure they can nail a DB draft choice that won't be a bust?

Is this a trick question?

They aren't trading him for a bag of chips and some sweat socks.

The FO can still do that without trading Sherm. Of course if a team wants to break the bank for Sherm, then he's gone but I think he'll be in a Hawks uni this season and next.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming a trade was to actually happen, I'm not all that interested in supplying a potential playoff opponent with a Pro Bowl player still in his prime. If he moves on to one of those teams in free agency in a couple years, so be it, but let's not do it to ourselves if we don't have to.

Sending him to the AFC wouldn't hurt us unless they meet in the SB.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The FO can still do that without trading Sherm. Of course if a team wants to break the bank for Sherm, then he's gone but I think he'll be in a Hawks uni this season and next.

Not nearly as easily. There's NO WAY an elite T is still on the board at our draft slot.

IN THEORY, giving up a blue chip guy like Sherm, should be able to bring back a guy who can start (whether it's on the O line, D line or in the secondary.

And again, I think he'll be with the team too. Just spit balling what could be in the works, that would make P+J blink.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

All things being equal sure. But if it's a shitty offer from the AFC vs a good/great offer from the NFC, you do the NFC deal. Or don't do a deal.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not nearly as easily. There's NO WAY an elite T is still on the board at our draft slot.

IN THEORY, giving up a blue chip guy like Sherm, should be able to bring back a guy who can start (whether it's on the O line, D line or in the secondary.

And again, I think he'll be with the team too. Just spit balling what could be in the works, that would make P+J blink.

I'm just throwing shit down wind to see if it sticks as well. Seattle does have the ammo to move up in the draft, but that would be a radical idea since the FO has never done that. Good topic discussion.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just throwing shit down wind to see if it sticks as well. Seattle does have the ammo to move up in the draft, but that would be a radical idea since the FO has never done that. Good topic discussion.

Well not for ages. The Walt/Springs move up worked out pretty well in team history, but that was a few FO's ago. :)

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well not for ages. The Walt/Springs move up worked out pretty well in team history, but that was a few FO's ago. :)

Also, weren't we able to get Shawn Alexander/Hutchinson from the trade of Joey Galloway

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe Thomas and the first pick in the second round, done deal!
I'd take that deal if I were the Hawks without thinking about it. Not so much if I'm Cleveland. Quality OTs are hard to replace. Lots of CBs in this draft.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things being equal sure. But if it's a shitty offer from the AFC vs a good/great offer from the NFC, you do the NFC deal. Or don't do a deal.

I think the Hawks have made it pretty clear that they're not gonna agree to a deal that makes no sense for them. That's one of the reasons why I personally don't think they will deal him. That being said, with Earl's level of effectiveness a bit of a question mark at this point coming off his injury and the Hawks already having some issues finding the right guy to play opposite Sherman, even if they get a nice haul in return for him (presumably an offensive lineman and a high pick or multiple picks), I don't think now is a great time to ship him somewhere else, especially to a potential playoff opponent.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a team really wants him, it's going to cost them a arm and leg.
I hope that would be the case, but I'm not so sure. As the perception that he wants out of here and/or that the team wants to move him becomes more pervasive, his price goes down. If the Hawks have this "problem" that they need to solve by unloading Sherm, teams will gain leverage from that in a negotiation.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question's I have are, will Sherman play up to his caliber on this team if 's not traded? Will he be even worse in terms of complaining, whining, yelling at teammates than he was last season?

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question's I have are, will Sherman play up to his caliber on this team if 's not traded? Will he be even worse in terms of complaining, whining, yelling at teammates than he was last season?

I'm not worried abou him being unhappy, it's more about can he produce like he once did? Think to some degree he has benefited from the system and it's gone to his head. Not in favor of a trade for the sake of making a trade, but yeah.....if a good offer comes a long, I'm for it. Don't actually see it happening though and that's fine also, Sherman got a lot of pride, feel like he'll be motivated to excel next year, so keeping him is fine also.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all posturing. Sure, the Seahawks would trade him, if the price is right. But I wouldn't count on it.

Sherman took a small step down from his normal play, but he is still a top 10 CB & easily worth more than his current contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to focus on what a trade does for the Seahawks roster rather then worry about how it benefits the team they are trading with. To me that's A1 in importance.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is all posturing. Sure, the Seahawks would trade him, if the price is right. But I wouldn't count on it.

Sherman took a small step down from his normal play, but he is still a top 10 CB & easily worth more than his current contract.
Yup, think your right. However never hurts to explore options, because you never know.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, think your right. However never hurts to explore options, because you never know.

Of course. Most players would be available, if the price is right. There are maybe 3-5 untouchable players on a team. Sherman's value from here on out will decrease due to age & remaining contract years. It is wise to see if someone will 'overpay' for his services & take the responsibility of signing him to his next contract.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. Most players would be available, if the price is right. There are maybe 3-5 untouchable players on a team. Sherman's value from here on out will decrease due to age & remaining contract years. It is wise to see if someone will 'overpay' for his services & take the responsibility of signing him to his next contract.

Right now Shermans contract is a "deal" in today's market and with two years left on it that should be attractive, the down side is the draft is chalk full of CBs with upside. Probably means he stays put and the Seahawks draft his replacement for down the road.