• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey guys, what's going on on the Sherman front?

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew when he called out the coaches publicly that his days were numbered.

No organization can tolerate that.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reasons it makes sense for the Seahawks to trade Sherman seem to be the same reasons why I think it's unattractive for other teams to trade for him: reaching the end of his prime, big salary, recent attitude issues.

Every player has a price though, just as both sides are pretty much indicating here. Even if you're talking QB. If Indy calls us up and offers Luck plus their entire next 10 drafts, we're making the deal. Of course that's a ridiculous scenario, but it's just an exaggeration to illustrate a point. If offered enough, there's a deal to be made for anyone. This is the oldest and most expensive Sherman has ever been. If we can get the right value in a trade -- whatever that may be -- then I can see the wisdom in doing it.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that was ridiculous, but I'm not sure it's a no-pen line for this organization necessarily. We have had 2 offensive players flip the bird to the coaches during a game and nothing came of it.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't say his days are numbered, unless they find a trade partner that has the cap space, assets and desire, then he'll stay right where he's at. In fact I don't expect a trade.

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that was ridiculous, but I'm not sure it's a no-pen line for this organization necessarily. We have had 2 offensive players flip the bird to the coaches during a game and nothing came of it.

That's not as bad as openly getting in your coaches' faces during a nationally televised game.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I know Lynch was one, who was the other? Harvin?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not as bad as openly getting in your coaches' faces during a nationally televised game.
Well, I guess that's up to the person it happened to. My point was just that we've had players openly disrespect coaches previously without any sort of consequence at all, so I'm not so sure that Sherman's behavior means he is a goner no matter how little we get in return.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dolemite censored

Bigfoot is real
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I guess that's up to the person it happened to. My point was just that we've had players openly disrespect coaches previously without any sort of consequence at all, so I'm not so sure that Sherman's behavior means he is a goner no matter how little we get in return.

I do not think Seahawks will make a stupid deal just to get rid of him.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not think Seahawks will make a stupid deal just to get rid of him.
I sure hope not. It would be very uncharacteristic to make such a rash move. I wonder how far apart the value of what they've been offered to this point is from the minimum they are looking for to consider the move.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sure hope not. It would be very uncharacteristic to make such a rash move. I wonder how far apart the value of what they've been offered to this point is from the minimum they are looking for to consider the move.

Read that the FO is looking for a very high draft pick plus a very good player.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup, that's should be about right. Lot of good CBs in the draft though, so not the ideal year to get max value. Pretty sure he stays put. Hopefully it motivates him to excel.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, that's should be about right. Lot of good CBs in the draft though, so not the ideal year to get max value. Pretty sure he stays put. Hopefully it motivates him to excel.

He'll stay unless some team breaks the bank. I think the FO made the asking price high knowing no one will bite. The good news to all this is both sides still respect each other.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that's a fair assumption. I'm still just having a tough time seeing why another team would want to trade for him at this point. He's 29 with 2 years left on a contract that will pay him a base salary of $11M both years. If you're not a contending team right now, going after an oldish expensive CB doesn't seem like a move to get you there. If you are a contending team now, I don't think most of those have much cap room. Maybe Dallas does.

If there's a team out there that also has an older expensive player they want to unload, and they're willing to add some picks to the deal, then maybe there's a partner.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Listening to 710 right now, and Salk just said that yesterday Adam Shefter reported that Sherman is the one who has initiated this whole dance. He apparently came to the Hawks and asked them to trade him. Seems like this would have been bigger news, but interesting all the same.

This report seems to juxtapose with Sherm's earlier statement about not wanting to leave "his guys" but that he understands it's a business. If he asked for a trade, then indeed he actually does want to leave his guys.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole season frustrated the hell out of everyone. Doesn't excuse what he did but that was the most turbulent season the team had in quite some time.

2014: The Harvin drama, Wilson "isn't black enough"
2015: Lynch pulls out of the playoff game on the flight to said game

Last year was filled with drama, but it's par for the course.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2014: The Harvin drama, Wilson "isn't black enough"
2015: Lynch pulls out of the playoff game on the flight to said game

Last year was filled with drama, but it's par for the course.
Yeah, I agree with that. It's not like 2016 was the first time there's been bumps in the road or drama to deal with. Had some PED issues in 2013 also.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No team is dumb enough to give that up for an expensive aging CB. Wait a minute...hello Cleveland