• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Hey guys, what's going on on the Sherman front?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
From the outside it sounded like they wanted him gone but lately it's been very quiet.
Just curious. He is still a baller but he seems to have become more and more of a distraction even by Pets's standards.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the outside it sounded like they wanted him gone but lately it's been very quiet.
Just curious. He is still a baller but he seems to have become more and more of a distraction even by Pets's standards.

I think all that talk with Carroll & Schneider saying that they would listen to trade offers was just firing a shot over the bow of the S.S. Richard Sherman. The man has been given great leeway in the past but I think you are correct with your comment about him being a distraction. Criticizing the coaching staff and then later doubling down is not going to be received kindly if it continues.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#fakenews

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
I think all that talk with Carroll & Schneider saying that they would listen to trade offers was just firing a shot over the bow of the S.S. Richard Sherman. The man has been given great leeway in the past but I think you are correct with your comment about him being a distraction. Criticizing the coaching staff and then later doubling down is not going to be received kindly if it continues.
Probably right @Tech_God. Ah the politics of egos.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far just a bunch of neutral talk from both FO and Sherman himself. Generalities, not too much more than that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RS has as much a chance to be traded as Newton does for the Panthers. What Carrol said was "we listen to all offers" That includes if someone calls and asks about Russell Wilson also. Just because they want to hear the offer doesn't mean they are looking to trade them. Heck someone might offer you the house for say RS like a couple firsts, seconds and thirds and then you really got to take a look at those offers.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think this might be the most overblown stupid thing ever. It is a pathetically quiet and lackluster free agency season, and nobody cares about the Osweiler trade because he sucks ass. There was nothing major, so the media is trying to hype up something about Sherman.

You'd entertain ANY trade offer for pretty much anyone outside of your QB. To say a CB is COMPLETELY off the market is stupid. QB sure, they just add so much value to the team. There's a reason when a QB goes down pretty much everyone writes off your season. Not the same with a CB, etc.

That said, if some team like Tennessee (actually makes sense) called up Seattle and was like, "We'll give you the 5th, 83rd, 164th, and a 2018 1st/4th round pick" or something ridiculous of that nature, I'm sure Seattle would have no problem pulling the trigger.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks GM on Richard Sherman trade talks: 'We've opened that door'

"I don't know if anything would ever happen. But like I tell people all the time, 98 percent of the things we're involved with, we don't follow through with. But at least we've opened that door, gone down the road and seen what's behind door A or door B."

Seahawks GM: Sherman trade talk 'is real'

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect the Seahawks to trade Sherman. I see this as the Seahawks making him aware that while there are a lot of things you can say or do on this team that you might not be able to say or do on another team, there's still a line you shouldn't cross and there are consequences for crossing it. Kind of like a "I don't want to do this, but I will if you make me" kind of thing.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I"m glad he went off on our D coordinator though, those were some stupid azz call's he was making in that Atlanta game, you don't lock Sherman on a TE and leave Julio wide open for gimme TD"s ... That shit was unacceptable... Even Kris Rashard admitted he has to do better... I don't agree though with how Sherman freaked out about it, just pull him over on the sideline and let the guy know how you feel about it... I think frustration set in because we handed them points letting them right back in the game...

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m glad he went off on our D coordinator though, those were some stupid azz call's he was making in that Atlanta game, you don't lock Sherman on a TE and leave Julio wide open for gimme TD"s ... That shit was unacceptable... Even Kris Rashard admitted he has to do better... I don't agree though with how Sherman freaked out about it, just pull him over on the sideline and let the guy know how you feel about it... I think frustration set in because we handed them points letting them right back in the game...

The whole season frustrated the hell out of everyone. Doesn't excuse what he did but that was the most turbulent season the team had in quite some time.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not endorsing a trade of Richard Sherman, but, the payroll needs to be better balanced across the offense and defense in order to free up more money for the OL. And, if they were to trade Sherman in order to accomplish a better payroll balance, this would be a good year to do it with a lot of good young CBs available in the upcoming draft.

Also, Sherman is 29. I don't know when a CB's effectiveness typically starts dropping off but Sherman can't have more than a year or two of prime years left, if that.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, Sherman is 29. I don't know when a CB's effectiveness typically starts dropping off but Sherman can't have more than a year or two of prime years left, if that.

Little older than RB, 31-32. Read a article about just this thing. They did ratings on every position and RB saw a steep decline at late 28yrs . CB see it at late 30 to early 31yrs but they tend to have rebound years between 32-34 where on the average their play improves remarkably over their down years. ( strange )

That means Revis should have a up year this season after suffering his down year.

do not remember where i found this but it was like 2 or 3 years ago. lol sorry :P but i was looking for the old age wall on CB and Safetys back then to see how long we had of the uber backfield :P LOB BABY!

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Little older than RB, 31-32. Read a article about just this thing. They did ratings on every position and RB saw a steep decline at late 28yrs . CB see it at late 30 to early 31yrs but they tend to have rebound years between 32-34 where on the average their play improves remarkably over their down years. ( strange )

That means Revis should have a up year this season after suffering his down year.

do not remember where i found this but it was like 2 or 3 years ago. lol sorry :P but i was looking for the old age wall on CB and Safetys back then to see how long we had of the uber backfield :P LOB BABY!
Good info. Thanks.

Do you think the CBs rebound in their 32-34 years because they are played differently and maybe start covering the secondary WR rather than the #1 WR? I realize this has never been true of Sherman. He plays one side of the field, regardless of where the prime WR lines up.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not endorsing a trade of Richard Sherman, but, the payroll needs to be better balanced across the offense and defense in order to free up more money for the OL. And, if they were to trade Sherman in order to accomplish a better payroll balance, this would be a good year to do it with a lot of good young CBs available in the upcoming draft.

I'm not advocating the Seahawks trade Sherman, but their's a saying " buy low, sell high" and that could be in play to some extent, both Sherman and Thomas contracts are up after 2018 season and doesn't seem likely that both could be resigned. With 2 years left on his contract, now is the prime time to sell high, if that's what they want to do. This trade talk of Sherman has turned out to be more then pure media hype. Still don't see it happening unless some team ponies up something to make it worth considering and only a few teams are in a position to do so and haven't heard of any showing interest.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screenshot%20-%204_6_2017%20%201_06_05%20PM.png

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont trade him to NE!

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks GM on Richard Sherman trade talks: 'We've opened that door'

"I don't know if anything would ever happen. But like I tell people all the time, 98 percent of the things we're involved with, we don't follow through with. But at least we've opened that door, gone down the road and seen what's behind door A or door B."

Seahawks GM: Sherman trade talk 'is real'
The opened the door remark was referring to those deals in the 98% group that never actually happened. They didn't ultimately make the trade, but they explored the possibilities to see what could potentially come of it. He wasn't actually talking about the Sherman trade rumors with that particular comment.