• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"He's tall with a big arm"

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the players in my opinion that have worked out best for the Broncos have been the ones with character concerns. Von Miller even before we drafted him had some major character red flags and I think a couple of failed drug tests. Shane Ray got busted before the draft with weed in his car. Bradley Roby again another guy with red flags that was considered a top-15 talent that dropped to us because of those.

So I wouldn't just say hey let's take him off our board because he had a bad interaction with a doctor. I haven't seen any other incidents where he has had issues off the field. So on a day where they are poking and prodding and trying to get players to actually do what he did just to see what their limits are on some of this yeah not going to knock him a whole lot and really do hope he falls to us. He is easily a top-5 talent on the field and fits one of our biggest needs on defense.
No one was kicked out of the combine.
Plenty players smoke weed but not get caught
What do you think you have to do for the NFL to kick you out of their job interview process?
Seems more than just yelling at a hostipal worker even if provoked

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say it is darn near impossible to figure out what JE is going to do with the QB situation. Whether it is real interest or a faint - JE seems to be signaling he would kick the tires on Romo. If so, trading Siemian makes sense. Romo and Lynch can play out of the shotgun all day long -and be better QBs for it = McCoy has to tailor the offense one way or another - and it would simply be easier to go a direction with the offense where at least the top two QBs can run the plays with efficiency.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there's enough leadership on this team to keep a potential star like Foster in check

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the players in my opinion that have worked out best for the Broncos have been the ones with character concerns. Von Miller even before we drafted him had some major character red flags and I think a couple of failed drug tests. Shane Ray got busted before the draft with weed in his car. Bradley Roby again another guy with red flags that was considered a top-15 talent that dropped to us because of those.

So I wouldn't just say hey let's take him off our board because he had a bad interaction with a doctor. I haven't seen any other incidents where he has had issues off the field. So on a day where they are poking and prodding and trying to get players to actually do what he did just to see what their limits are on some of this yeah not going to knock him a whole lot and really do hope he falls to us. He is easily a top-5 talent on the field and fits one of our biggest needs on defense.
Did any of them get kicked out of combine before they even got on field ? It wasn't just a " prodding " issue. You don't get sent home for cursing. Funny how many comments from scouts, coaches, analysts, voice same concern as me and quite the opposite of you. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any of them get kicked out of combine before they even got on field ? It wasn't just a " prodding " issue. You don't get sent home for cursing. Funny how many comments from scouts, coaches, analysts, voice same concern as me and quite the opposite of you. :)
Just saw that you already received a appropriate post from CEH.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casserly still has him going in the top ten, he's probably a legit top five player in this years draft. He was only going for interviews and medical. Apparently nobody knows the dastardly deed Foster did or it's the best kept secret.

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Casserly still has him going in the top ten, he's probably a legit top five player in this years draft. He was only going for interviews and medical. Apparently nobody knows the dastardly deed Foster did or it's the best kept secret.
I'm guessing what happened got blown out of proportion.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing what happened got blown out of proportion.
I'm sure he said some stupid shit, it all depends how he owns it. I hope he slides all the way to us the way Ray did

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Funny how many scouts, coaches, analyst have all said while this is a red flag to look into they don't think it will drop him all that much.

Now I have no clue why he got kicked out. I'm sure the Broncos will dig plenty into the situation just like they did with Roby and Shane Ray and reached a point of trusting that the talent was worth the risk. If the incident is bigger than what I have been told by people at the Combine then yeah don't take him at 20 but if this is just a bad day with a kid making a stupid mistake then if he falls to 20 he is a no brainer pick for a position of need and him being a top-5 talent in this draft.

I guess to me I look at the fact that the kid after 4 years of high school and 4 years in college has never had an off the field incident this is usually viewed more in the bad day category than a pattern that teams should just drop him off their board. Now a guy like McDowell who has incredible athleticism but has a pattern of bad behavior on and off the field yeah I would take him off my board.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib wouldn't even be in the NFL if we judged guys on stupid shit. And he was our best defender last year. I'm not condoning these kids coming out the sides of their mouths, but let's face it, they're kids. With a lot of pressure on them. I'm willing to give him a break on having a bad day when he seemingly has a clean track record. It's all a pipe dream though as I don't think he will come close to us, but one could dream :)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one was kicked out of the combine.
Plenty players smoke weed but not get caught
What do you think you have to do for the NFL to kick you out of their job interview process?
Seems more than just yelling at a hostipal worker even if provoked

I'm not saying the Broncos just draft him blindly if he falls to us at 20. I'm saying he is a talent worth doing the due diligence background check and just seeing how big or small this incident should be in the grand scheme of things. The fact that he has never had off the field issues before makes me think this isn't as big of a deal but hey that is why they do all the fact finding they do. The Broncos in the past have been a team in the 1st round especially that has been willing to take chances on very talented players that have fallen because of some red flags. Maybe Foster is the next guy to add his list to that. If it is a bigger deal then like I said you take him off the list and go to the next guy.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious. How do people feel about Mixon rb from Oklahoma. Would you take him off your board completely or maybe if he still there, take him third rd? Do you take him rd 1-2 where he would go without incident ?

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I wasn't too impressed by " what I've seen " is the comments to press from both players regarding incidents. Neither seem as remorseful as you would like to hear. Foster still better than Mixon but both seem to be too rehearsed and unemotional or " believable remorse sincerity " I guess I'm trying to say. We do know what Mixon did but severity or lack there of with Fosters situation is still up in air. Unlike some of you, I still think there's quality players available in rd 1 that you don't need to take a risk on character issue anyway. IMO of course. Love Foster the football player for sure. " Potential " rare talent. :)

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything being reported is that Foster got into an argument with a medical student at the combine. Not even in the same stratosphere as breaking multiple facial bones in a female students face. I saw the Mixon video and it certainly looked like the female in question pushed or struck him first, but he flat out laid her out. He hit her with a Tyson punch. So like I said not even in the same stratosphere as far as incidents go. Maybe Mixon got counseling I don't know, I certainly don't think his entire life should be defined by that one criminal act, even though it certainly was horrendous

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So to answer your question, I dont know. You see all this shit in the news about these football players and the concussions and brain trauma that causes the exact kinds of irrational behavior that these players inexplicably act out. You hear about these kids suffering these symptoms early on. So it's kind of a catch 22 with me. We love the vicious hits but can't understand the aftermath

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I understand, Mixon has not been in any trouble since that incident - so that's hopeful. One of those things that only people in the inside probably really know.