• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

"He's tall with a big arm"

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well he was suspended for a game this year near the end of the year.. Just never said why.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some new quotes

"I am very comfortable with Trevor He's a smart guy. He's a great leader. His teammates love him and they love playing for him. So if he's the guy again, all good. If Paxton comes back and he plays better and he's the guy, all good."

Paxton is a young guy with great talent, but playing quarterback in the NFL is a lot more than talent," Joseph said. "It's leadership -- whether you like it or not, it comes with leadership obligations. It comes with studying and understanding the systems.

"He's ready for it. He wants the challenge. He's looking forward to getting back in and going to work. It's going to be a fair, open competition, and whoever plays better is going to be the guy."

------------

Reading between the lines, We can see that Paxton has some growing up to do to be an NFL QB. He'll never be an NFL QB until he can understand a complex NFL system.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CEH - Chris - I think that would apply to 99/100 rookie QBs coming into the NFL - it doesn't come outside what I would have expected to hear about Lynch.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main question I have is does the offense that McCoy wants to run have to change depending on the QB. If so, how can you have an "open" competition and how would that work?

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The main question I have is does the offense that McCoy wants to run have to change depending on the QB. If so, how can you have an "open" competition and how would that work?

Yes - I have the same question. I think an offense friendly to both Siemian and Lynch is a fairly tale. In this case Romo could play in either offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some new quotes

"I am very comfortable with Trevor He's a smart guy. He's a great leader. His teammates love him and they love playing for him. So if he's the guy again, all good. If Paxton comes back and he plays better and he's the guy, all good."

Paxton is a young guy with great talent, but playing quarterback in the NFL is a lot more than talent," Joseph said. "It's leadership -- whether you like it or not, it comes with leadership obligations. It comes with studying and understanding the systems.

"He's ready for it. He wants the challenge. He's looking forward to getting back in and going to work. It's going to be a fair, open competition, and whoever plays better is going to be the guy."

------------

Reading between the lines, We can see that Paxton has some growing up to do to be an NFL QB. He'll never be an NFL QB until he can understand a complex NFL system.

The way I understand it the Broncos were disappointed with the time that Paxton put into watching film and being in his playbook this past season. What really got Siemian to be beloved by both the coaches and players is he truly was the first guy in and last guy to leave almost every single day. Not sure how accurate it is but I had heard that Paxton didn't beat Siemian into the building once.

I think that is why the coaches are saying some of the things they are to not only Paxton but other players like Gotsis to realize this isn't college football anymore. This is your career that requires sacrifice to be great. Have to see how those 2 especially return after being away from the facility. I think practices start in a month so coaches and FO will get a good look at what those guys have chose to do with their time.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I understand it the Broncos were disappointed with the time that Paxton put into watching film and being in his playbook this past season. What really got Siemian to be beloved by both the coaches and players is he truly was the first guy in and last guy to leave almost every single day. Not sure how accurate it is but I had heard that Paxton didn't beat Siemian into the building once.

I think that is why the coaches are saying some of the things they are to not only Paxton but other players like Gotsis to realize this isn't college football anymore. This is your career that requires sacrifice to be great. Have to see how those 2 especially return after being away from the facility. I think practices start in a month so coaches and FO will get a good look at what those guys have chose to do with their time.

If Lynch and Gotsis don't have the habits to be great players - or to improve themselves - it says something about the draft process and the player preparation process of the Denver Broncos.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lynch and Gotsis don't have the habits to be great players - or to improve themselves - it says something about the draft process and the player preparation process of the Denver Broncos.

Oh I think they have the habits. Part of coaching though is just to know the right buttons to push to get the most out of players. I do think Lynch has some maturity issues that the coaches are trying to help him along with. Plenty of players come into the league with those issues and eventually work through them. Big Ben is a great example. Major maturity issues early on in his career but now recognized as a great leader on and off the field.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think they have the habits. Part of coaching though is just to know the right buttons to push to get the most out of players. I do think Lynch has some maturity issues that the coaches are trying to help him along with. Plenty of players come into the league with those issues and eventually work through them. Big Ben is a great example. Major maturity issues early on in his career but now recognized as a great leader on and off the field.

I understand Carl.

My point is - that's bad drafting for a 1st rounder - and a 2nd rounder. The Broncos might need to put a healthier weight to a draft score on a player's motivation and love for the game. It's like drawing to an inside straight in Poker - you can see it happening, but the odds are against it. I will always take a less talented guy - who loves the game over a guy who seems indifferent.

[reminds me of the old joke where the frustrated coach yells at the player that he is "ignorant of the playbook and indifferent to the game of football. Now - what do you have to say about that?"

"I don't know and I don't care coach."]

However, I don't agree with that analysis of Lynch.

In my opinion - the label - lazy - doesn't apply very well to Lynch. He is an instinctual - athletic player - being asked to make under center QBing part of his game. In fact, Lynch's history in both HS and College is a guy who got on the field and played so well they couldn't take him out. He needs to the opportunity to compete - and I'm a guy who really like Siemian.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand Carl.

My point is - that's bad drafting for a 1st rounder - and a 2nd rounder. The Broncos might need to put a healthier weight to a draft score on a player's motivation and love for the game. It's like drawing to an inside straight in Poker - you can see it happening, but the odds are against it. I will always take a less talented guy - who loves the game over a guy who seems indifferent.

[reminds me of the old joke where the frustrated coach yells at the player that he is "ignorant of the playbook and indifferent to the game of football. Now - what do you have to say about that?"

"I don't know and I don't care coach."]

However, I don't agree with that analysis of Lynch.

In my opinion - the label - lazy - doesn't apply very well to Lynch. He is an instinctual - athletic player - being asked to make under center QBing part of his game. In fact, Lynch's history in both HS and College is a guy who got on the field and played so well they couldn't take him out. He needs to the opportunity to compete - and I'm a guy who really like Siemian.

I'm not sure I would call it bad drafting. Just having read quite a bit on both guys they were both considered projects from the beginning. Now teams don't usually draft projects that early in the draft but the upside of both at least to the Broncos is worth the risk. They think Lynch can truly become that next great QB and Gotsis to become a huge part of our defense moving forward. I think that is why the coaches singled them out because the team is depending on both of them developing and becoming much bigger parts of this team this year and beyond.

Now part of that growing process is learning how to function in the NFL. My guess is with Memphis for example not really being a football school before Lynch arrived there wasn't as much emphasis of getting to work early and getting in the film room. They had a simplified offense that just didn't require as much of that. So for Lynch yeah it was a learning experience to know that the NFL is much more complicated and the hours of work it takes to be great is off the charts. So the Broncos challenging him to rise up to what they think he can be is a good thing.

And you are right his best work will be when he is allowed just to be himself on the field. I think that was part of his problem this last year is he was thinking way too much of all that the coaches had told him he needed to be doing instead of just going out and throwing the ball around. Still for him to reach his full potential he needs to learn how to function like a pocket passing QB and use his athleticism to make him that much more dangerous.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tallbigarm.jpg