• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have the protests caused you to watch the NFL less?

Do you watch the NFL less as a result of player protests?

• Yes

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • Same as before

Votes: 20 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Southieinnc is it not fair to
Ask
For the injury data? And acknowledge this has been
A blood bath of a year?

When asked it’s not provided....

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no argument, and anyone who thinks it's an argument is someone who hasn't been watching the league for a long time, or looking to get their ass kicked. As I've stated previously, I could almost count on one hand the amount of major players who suffered the dreaded ACL/MCL/PCL injury in the entire decade of the 80's. For the most part, that was a career ender (Billy Sims, Dwight Stephenson, Williams Andrews) while Kellen Winslow and Curt Warner did return. Nowadays, that injury is commonplace where dozens of players every year go down.

That's not including all these 'tricep/bicep/pec/lis franc/etc. injuries that as far as I remember, never even existed up until quite recently. That alone, makes this league more unwatchable.
Injuries never existed? To biceps/triceps/pec/los franc? Common injuries in sports from
Adolescents to pros?

PEOPLESCHICKEN

Dysfunctional Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Title.

Add your thoughts, please.

This may need to be moved to the political board, but I think this should remain here unless it gets too political. The reason I post it here is because I want to get the feedback of NFL fans, not those who focus on politics. I feel I'd get a different result if I just posted it on the politics forum.

My personal thoughts: I will always stand for the national anthem. I always do my best to ensure I'm inside the stadium when it is being played, simply because I love showing my respect for my country. I don't care what players feel, they are on the field to provide entertainment, not political commentary. Therefore, I don't give a shit about how they feel about social justice issues. I feel like by boycotting the NFL, I'd be letting my political beliefs interfere with something that I enjoy watching.

I'm just curious if this is seriously impacting everyone's interest in the NFL.
Quit watching all together

clemtheslowson

back from the dead
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes no difference to to me.

I'll continue to watch as I always have.

One uppity ***** won't ruin it for me.

Golden Spur

Bayesian
Hoopla Cash
$ 706.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About the same. Watch the Panthers games, usually on the 1pm tier. Catch others here-and-there, as they interest me. I agree with what an earlier poster said, the high-profile injuries decrease the overall appeal.

Not into symbol rituals, don't care about the underlying issue. Media reports are mixture of sanctimony and some high-level trolling.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit off topic, do you find it hard to root for the Rams now that they're in LA? I know they used to be in LA to begin with, but when the Sonics relocated to Oklahoma City I had absolutely zero desire to keep up with the team anymore. I don't think I've watched an NBA game since they left.
A bit off topic, do you find it hard to root for the Rams now that they're in LA? I know they used to be in LA to begin with, but when the Sonics relocated to Oklahoma City I had absolutely zero desire to keep up with the team anymore. I don't think I've watched an NBA game since they left.

Last year was harder with Fischer and company. I would turn off the game after the first quarter. This year has been ok with us actually winning games. Tried to change teams but nobody really jumped off the radar.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe for you but I have a family and many other interests besides the NFL.

Got me a family myself.

Special needs son (Epilepsy/Cerebral Palsy) who is 38 and living with us. 36 year old daughter.

Wife of 40 years. High school sweetheart.

I get family. I've got lots of interests.

But I squeeze it in. I've been fortunate.

And I really do understand family. Trust me.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do watch less football than I used to.

Not because of the protests.

But I'm just too damn busy.

87 hour work week. 73 hour work week.

I've only seen like maybe 2 of the last 10 Super Bowls because of work.

I ain't got time to worry about their damn protests.

Stick them in a real job and they wouldn't either.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't watch the NFL any less cause of the protest....Cause its called fantasy football and I pay right around 280$ a year for the NFL tix............That would be dumb to waste it.

In fact,I went to the panthers @ Chicago game a couple of weeks ago......I still love the game,but I hate the players kneeling........they have it all wrong and I'm pretty sure its non existant anymore....................Am I corrcect?...........I have not seen every NA being played.