• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Have the protests caused you to watch the NFL less?

Do you watch the NFL less as a result of player protests?

• Yes

Votes: 22 25.6%
  • No

Votes: 44 51.2%
  • Same as before

Votes: 20 23.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My above post, I think echoes why a lot of long-time NFL fans may be a bit turned-off by all of this.

My above post, I think echoes why a lot of long-time NFL fans may be a bit turned-off by all of this.

Then the 3rd wave was at an owner who called his employees criminals.

Lol... See, this is what I'm talking about in my above post. This intellectual dishonesty, from both sides. It's not just one.

"He called his players prisoners!" :pound: Oh, grow up. You're better than this.

He used an analogy that has been around for what? A century? "Can't have the inmates running the asylum"... "Can't have the inmates running the prison". I think my junior high school dean used that on a regular basis, as did many of my bosses over the years. It's a fucking analogy, that's been around for how long now? Just to say, that if you are the head of an organization. There has to be protocol and order to it. It cannot be a free for all. Nobody cares about context or truth anymore. Just looking for a reason to stir the pot, and posture against the other side on these issues.

Again, this is both sides who do this.

I didnt say they were right. I said thats why they kneeled. But I do see your point. But they were sticking up for what they believed in and the owner came out against them. Usually you dont treat your employees like that.

There are somethings that need to be fixed for the better yet some people just cant understand that.

Another thing... what are these "things"? Just, generally speaking... you want equality? What laws or bills can be passed to help? What is the end game? That's the only time protests work. Is when you are trying to get something specific accomplished. When you're just vague like that, it gets us nowhere. You can always just sit here and say "things are not fair yet". At this time, there is no reasoning or logic behind this protest. It's just "this isn't fair!"... Okay... what? What do you want done so it can be? Name a starting point on what isn't fair. Let's work something out. This is just one big "racism" cry, as it appears right now.

It's not going to end, until there is a path laid out for us to get there. Again, not even taking a side. Just telling ya...

You ever see a Union protest of any kind? Teachers, construction workers... etc... They have DEMANDS. lol. They don't just stop working and picket that "this isn't fair!".... "Uh... Okay, what isn't fair? What do you want, so we can get back to work?"... "IT'S JUST NOT FAIR!"

LMAO... could you imagine that? That whole teacher district would be stuck with scabs for the rest of it's existence.

They werent vague. Well I should say Kapernick wasnt vague. He said, "Could the police stop murdering people, and when they do they should be held accountable for it. Thats all.

yet some people just cant understand that

And there's things you cannot understand about opposing sides as well. Clearly.

I understand everything clearly.

Not once did they mention veterans.

Dude, stop with the veterans thing. Christ. Not what fans dropping off is about. That's just political posturing from politicians on the right, to add to the fire. The vast majority of normal people don't think anyone's calling out veterans. Jesus. Get a clue.

If you want to start on getting that clue, please... just read my above post. It's not about agreeing or disagreeing. I am fine with anyone protesting as an American, expressing their opinion. It's just... it's too exhausting for some people who just love the game. A LOT of people want their entertainment/sports as an escape from all that. When it gets in the way, it just gets to be a bit much. It never stops in this league now.

I don't disagree with anyone, I don't agree with anyone. I just miss football, when it was football. People supporting the protests, don't seem to get that. They think the fans losing interest, are taking some kind of a political stance against it. No! It's the OPPOSITE. I'm just sick of it taking over a league that I love. I'm all tapped out of politics right now, and this is becoming a central part of it all.

I'll add that, I'm not completely gone from the league, in the least. It would be next to impossible to get me to stop watching the Bears. However, the rest of it? Meh... I'm just not as immersed in it all as I have been throughout my life.

Get a clue? Thats all everyone is bitching about. "They are disrespecting the soldiers." Are you serious?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I even think about this story is when someone brings it up here or the occasional headline about it distracts me for 5 seconds.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
tbh ive only watched the rams game on my laptop, last year i would watch all three games

A bit off topic, do you find it hard to root for the Rams now that they're in LA? I know they used to be in LA to begin with, but when the Sonics relocated to Oklahoma City I had absolutely zero desire to keep up with the team anymore. I don't think I've watched an NBA game since they left.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didnt say they were right. I said thats why they kneeled. But I do see your point. But they were sticking up for what they believed in and the owner came out against them. Usually you dont treat your employees like that.

You weren't "wrong" about anything. You were intellectually dishonest. He did not call his employees "prisoners". He used a century old analogy which demonstrates a basic situation, where we all can understand. That there needs to be protocol and an order to any functioning organization. That is NOT calling your employees "prisoners"... nor is it treating them wrong in ANY WAY. The only thing he did wrong? Apologize. Although, I understand wanting to just fan the storm.

They werent vague. Well I should say Kapernick wasnt vague. He said, "Could the police stop murdering people, and when they do they should be held accountable for it. Thats all.

That is SO VAGUE. Are you serious? :pound:

What's your goal? ZERO police shootings in the ENTIRE country next year? Those are your demands? What!? How could that ever possibly be met? Maybe it's a "judgement call" to Kaep's standards next year. We show him the government data, and see if the amount of police shootings meets his personal standards? Lol, what in the fuck are you talking about man? That it is... the most vague request ever.

Is there a new protocol for police you want? A law you want passed to help prevent needless shootings? THAT'S a demand.

Look, I want no war... ever. However, it's not a reasonable request. Police HAVE to shoot people, every day. It's not a reasonable request to go; "Hey... just stop shooting people!" My goodness gracious dude...

Get a clue? Thats all everyone is bitching about. "They are disrespecting the soldiers." Are you serious?

No, you just don't get it man...

That's what politicians and pundits are saying. Along with a small percentage of ridiculous caricatures of republicans.

REAL people dude? Do you ever just talk to REAL people? Go walk into a bar, and see what actual people feel like. They feel EXACTLY like what I wrote in my original post in my thread.

This isn't a political thing, or taking a side... or aligning against a side. That goes for the majority of the people who are bowing out or limiting their NFL viewership. It's just... "I'm exhausted with all of this shit. What happened to my NFL? My escape? I just want to kick back, follow the league and watch football to get away from that political noise. Now I can't do that."... That's all.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch Red Zone. The hour or so before the games, they talk about..........football. :eek:

During the games, football. No commercials. I've quit watching prime time games.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The SJW kneelers have brought politics into the NFL. Ignore it but it is NFL players using their job as a platform to push an agenda. the NFL is the only company I have seen other than MSM allow this to happen. Most companies would fire an employee if the did something similar.

PhoenixEagles1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,730.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You weren't "wrong" about anything. You were intellectually dishonest. He did not call his employees "prisoners". He used a century old analogy which demonstrates a basic situation, where we all can understand. That there needs to be protocol and an order to any functioning organization. That is NOT calling your employees "prisoners"... nor is it treating them wrong in ANY WAY. The only thing he did wrong? Apologize. Although, I understand wanting to just fan the storm.

I wasnt intellectually dishonest. You are talking semantics "inmates" ""criminals", I just worded it poorly. But what he did wrong was criticize his employees. These guys are paid well but are destroying their bodies to make the owner 100s of millions. It was an analogy, yes. But he was still criticizing them... which you dont do to your employees

That is SO VAGUE. Are you serious? :pound:

What's your goal? ZERO police shootings in the ENTIRE country next year? Those are your demands? What!? How could that ever possibly be met? Maybe it's a "judgement call" to Kaep's standards next year. We show him the government data, and see if the amount of police shootings meets his personal standards? Lol, what in the fuck are you talking about man? That it is... the most vague request ever.

Is there a new protocol for police you want? A law you want passed to help prevent needless shootings? THAT'S a demand.

Look, I want no war... ever. However, it's not a reasonable request. Police HAVE to shoot people, every day. It's not a reasonable request to go; "Hey... just stop shooting people!" My goodness gracious dude...

Its not a reasonable request to tell the police to stop killing innocent people? Huhh? And the string of questions is silly. If your wife catches you banging another chick and she screams, "Stop cheating on me" and you say, "Youre being vague. Does that like mean today, forever, only this year? I dont get it honey youre being vague?"

No, you just don't get it man...

That's what politicians and pundits are saying. Along with a small percentage of ridiculous caricatures of republicans.

REAL people dude? Do you ever just talk to REAL people? Go walk into a bar, and see what actual people feel like. They feel EXACTLY like what I wrote in my original post in my thread.

This isn't a political thing, or taking a side... or aligning against a side. That goes for the majority of the people who are bowing out or limiting their NFL viewership. It's just... "I'm exhausted with all of this shit. What happened to my NFL? My escape? I just want to kick back, follow the league and watch football to get away from that political noise. Now I can't do that."... That's all.

Go on the Politics board. There are plenty of knuckleheads bringing up the vets. But I live in AZ and people out here dont watch football so I cant ask the average fan. :)

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From a hardcore football fan, who was phased by none of this last year. Here is my long-winded, self-important take... which I didn't intend to be so long winded. However, this is a league that I am pretty passionate about.

For the last 15 years, during NFL season. It's been everything I've looked forward to. I planned everything, to make sure I had nothing going on during Sunday's and/or Bears games. I don't know, something has certainly changed this year. I straight up FORGOT about the TNF game yesterday until like 10 PM, then turned it on. Normally, I'd not only know it was coming, but look forward to it all day and even know the inactives for both teams.

I am a true NFL fan... a student of it's history. I love watching all of those old NFL films pieces, to learn about the greats. I love stories even about the old dynasties of the leather helmet Bears and Packers. Sammy Baugh... Unitas. The Ice Bowl. The Steel Curtain. All of those old America's Game episodes? Forget about it! The best! Love it! I can recite off of the top of my head, the starting 22 for the 1985 Chicago Bears. Along with their nickel back, change of pace back, kicker, punter and a few reserves. This shit is ingrained into who I am. If that's pathetic to some people... fuck em!

I got into football as a kid in the year of 2001. Yes, it was a rough start with 9/11 occurring just before Week 2... BUT... My Bears had a MAGICAL 13-3 season out of nowhere. You had Favre lighting it up, the greatest show on turf, McNabb/Reid's Eagles emerged, Peyton was really coming on in a huge way, Brady dynasty begins, The Tuck Rule game, Brady gets hurt in the ensuing AFC Title game, but Bledsoe goes and upsets Pittsburgh. Then they start Brady in the Super Bowl anyway as 14 point underdogs... and Brady pulls a hugely dramatic upset. That was probably the biggest SB upset since Namath at the time. What... a... year.

To me, if you want to protest... that's your right. It has nothing to do with me agreeing or disagreeing. But this year it is just a CONSTANT stream of drama being thrown at you. From the protests, the political posturing now from each side. The political/social figures more and more using the NFL as a statement. Whether it's the right, talking about the ratings dip, spewing this ridiculous over the top patriotism... or the left using Kaep and other black athletes to talk about inequality.

"Did you hear what Cam said!"... "Yeah, but Gronk (white guy) made a 69 implication once, after he scored his 69th touchdown! RACIAL BIAS!".... UGH! I want to puke. It's exhausting.

Now this stupid thing in Houston... to pair up with this NEVER ending Zeke thing. Kaep files suit against the NFL. It's just like... IT ALL NEVER ENDS.

Remember when you could just tune into ESPN or NFL Network... and the talk was just about "how are the Broncos going to take down the Chiefs in this big AFC West showdown?"... "Brady vs Manning: part whatever..."??? I know those aspects are still there, but it's not the same. Not even close.

I literally just tapped out of politics a few months back, because it's too much right now. Now, it's like the NFL is too much apart of all that same aspect of society. It's like it's own fucking political platform now... instead of just a god damn football league. I literally had to just tune out of Sunday morning pre-game shows a few times this year, for a full segment because of it. How can I just ignore it anymore, you know? It's constantly in the way of my football viewing experience.

Kneeling was originally making a statement, but now STANDING is making a damn statement? What could I do if I was a player? CROUCH? Lol... Fuckin a man.

Remember in 2014 with the whole Ray Rice thing? How the talk was; "It's getting hard to watch these guys. When it's clear that so many possess zero character, and nobody hiring them cares."... Then to try and eradicate that. The NFL starts pushing their players to push their "platform" (which is really where all of this started, if you think about it). Then, everybody had a platform... yada-yada. Then THAT all boils over into this. Now, just three years later. Many of the same people who criticized them in 2014... Oh my gosh. These guys are heroes! They should have a voice! They're making change in society!... Again... PUKE!

I'm just exhausted a bit by it all. Go ahead and kneel, don't kneel, speak out... it's your right as an American. Just personally, as a loyal consumer of the NFL's product. I am under no obligation to stick around and view/listen to it.

I just want my football back... That's all

Biggest TL;DR of all-time... sorry. lol

Can you repeat that?

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, I can care less, nothing say's you have to stand for the national anthem, were not nazis ... me personally I would stand, just out of respect for the past, but I"m not gonna judge other that don't want too, that's there freedom...

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yesterday I protested the protests, as the duty day ended, the music notifying all retreat would follow, I immediately went outside to pay my respects to the Flag, Our Nation, and all who have sacrificed to allow us the freedoms we have in this great country.
Aim High USAF.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch less because of the bad product - a product that's been getting worse for 2 plus decades. The pre-game stuff makes the on-field product gold.....it is extraordinary-bad. The fixation of hiring ex-NFL'ers who do little but try to outscream each other is ridiculous but I guess the masses love these turds.

The attention to the protests is far more annoying than the protests themselves.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch Red Zone. The hour or so before the games, they talk about..........football. :eek:

During the games, football. No commercials. I've quit watching prime time games.

So you didn't watch the Lions game last week and won't watch it this week either? Wow

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watch less because of the bad product - a product that's been getting worse for 2 plus decades. The pre-game stuff makes the on-field product gold.....it is extraordinary-bad. The fixation of hiring ex-NFL'ers who do little but try to outscream each other is ridiculous but I guess the masses love these turds.

The attention to the protests is far more annoying than the protests themselves.
your a 49'ers fan, the rest of the NLF has gotten better, expand your horizons

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes.

I watch the games, but I no longer watch any pre or post game stuff, no ESPN, no PFT etc...

I'm simply not retarded enough to sit through those political shows, but kudos to those who are.

:suds:

I been stopped watching most of the pre or post game stuff. The only things I watch pieces of is NFL Network. Can't remember the last time I watch any pre or post game stuff on CBS, FOX, or ESPN