• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Has there been any signs that the Lakers really want Lonzo?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might have to stretch Nick.

I don't know who would pay him if he opts out.

Then again, Brooklyn would eat his deal, and probably more, for that late first rounder.

Give em Clarkson?

Yeah, they'd probably take Deng.

Nick Young is only under contract for this upcoming season for less than $6M and has an opt out. I'm sure he feels that he can get more, but even if he stays that's a pretty moveable contract, even for a rotation player these days.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Deng would have some value.

I think you're just gonna have to stretch Moz after this upcoming season.

It's funny how this works out. Moz is younger and offers more at this point in his career than the declining Deng, but the league has just changed around him. He's been left behind by the uptempo small-ball NBA. The league will turn again, but when?

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a friends who's a pistons fan who said Russell and Moz for Drummond.

How fast are you guys saying yes?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Without even taking a breath...lol

Ingram has upside and plodding Centers have gone the way of the dodo bird.

But, Drummond, even though he took a step back after getting paid, is better than any player on that roster.....currently. That could change in a Season of two.

Assuming Ball this year, and George next Year at the latest, are done deals.....

You do this trade immediately if all it costs you is Russell.

Ball, Ingram, George and Drummond......hell of a foundation.

Randle would need to learn to shoot or be moved.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But, Drummond, even though he took a step back after getting paid, is better than any player on that roster.....currently. That could change in a Season of two.

Assuming Ball this year, and George next Year at the latest, are done deals.....

I'm thinking a move for Barnes would make sense.

Starting with Clarkson and Randle.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

^^^This^^^

If the Lakers are truly getting PG-13, Russell will need to be moved anyway. Just getting rid of the Moz contract would be reason enough, imo.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking a move for Barnes would make sense.

Starting with Clarkson and Randle.

Let me put this in the kindest way I possibly can:

FUCK NO!!

:hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno:

Oh and FUCK NO!!

:dhd:

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me put this in the kindest way I possibly can:

FUCK NO!!

:hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno::hellno:

Oh and FUCK NO!!

:dhd:

LOL.

I was talking with my Pistons fan friend about this corollary move.

We were having a hard time finding a good stretch 4 fit for LA that they could deal for. Really this was only because of the GS connection.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Drummond would be great...10 years ago. Drummond would be a better version of Mozgov, and outdated model of center for the modern NBA.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drummond would be great...10 years ago. Drummond would be a better version of Mozgov, and outdated model of center for the modern NBA.

A 7 foot cardboard cut out is a better version of Mozgov.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the question, we now appear to have a definitive answer. The Lakers do not want Lonzo Ball. They are not concerned that he really is that great of a player and they have concerns about Lavar Ball and is continued antics.

This report indicates that several teams now are concerned about Lavar

Report: Lakers currently plan on passing on Lonzo Ball

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To answer the question, we now appear to have a definitive answer. The Lakers do not want Lonzo Ball. They are not concerned that he really is that great of a player and they have concerns about Lavar Ball and is continued antics.

That's not definitive. Definitive would be Magic Johnson on record saying "We're passing on Ball". This is just your standard unnamed source.

Plus, they haven't worked anyone out to my knowledge so there's a 0% chance they've ruled anyone out for sure.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SMOKESCREEN. Magic has already said he sees himself in the Lonzo and that LaVar won't be a problem. He also has said that they won't trade the pick. Those were statements direct from Magic, not rumors and unnamed sources. Who have the Lakers worked out that they DO think is a star player? They haven't really worked out the top end of the draft yet, focusing on UDFA and options at #28 to this point.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Th
SMOKESCREEN. Magic has already said he sees himself in the Lonzo and that LaVar won't be a problem. He also has said that they won't trade the pick. Those were statements direct from Magic, not rumors and unnamed sources. Who have the Lakers worked out that they DO think is a star player? They haven't really worked out the top end of the draft yet, focusing on UDFA and options at #28 to this point.
May be but there has
possibly and most likely true but Fox looks pretty good and there has been a few say that Fox will have a better career then Fultz or Ball.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree that this is a smokescreen. There has been some speculation, some fed by Ainge, that the Celtics may be willing to take Lonzo with the #1 pick, despite him not working out for them. So, this may be, at least in part, the Lakers way of calling that bluff.

Also, when the Lakers have been at their best (when Dr. Buss was alive and Jerry West as GM), they have always been closed mouth and/or sent out misinformation about their intentions. This may be a return to operating like that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm inclined to agree that this is a smokescreen. There has been some speculation, some fed by Ainge, that the Celtics may be willing to take Lonzo with the #1 pick, despite him not working out for them. So, this may be, at least in part, the Lakers way of calling that bluff.

Also, when the Lakers have been at their best (when Dr. Buss was alive and Jerry West as GM), they have always been closed mouth and/or sent out misinformation about their intentions. This may be a return to operating like that.
Possibly and most likely true....but I think they should take look at Fox. There have been a few players' like Wall that thinks Fox will have a better career than Fultz or Ball

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibly and most likely true....but I think they should take look at Fox. There have been a few players' like Wall that thinks Fox will have a better career than Fultz or Ball

That's because Wall has an ego and sees himself in Fox IMO.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They're a bit awkward with the smoke this year, given what Magic already said. Luckily, everyone wants to believe in anything negative about the Ball family. This a green front office for the Lakers, they need to work on keeping their opinions quiet. Like him or not, Mitch didn't let info slip; Lakers moves often came with little advance warning.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're a bit awkward with the smoke this year, given what Magic already said. Luckily, everyone wants to believe in anything negative about the Ball family. This a green front office for the Lakers, they need to work on keeping their opinions quiet. Like him or not, Mitch didn't let info slip; Lakers moves often came with little advance warning.
I seriously doubt that the information released was accurate and I am inclined to believe that Ball or Fultz will be the pick, but I have heard some good things about Fox, so either way the Lakers will be getting another guard which leaves only one question. Do the Lakers offer Russell as trade bait or do they keep him one more year and again - Johnson said that he did not expect major moves this summer. The general feeling I got was Jim Buss and Mitch Kupchak were fired to preserve these draft picks. I can see the Lakers right now being good enough to make the playoffs next year - even it is the 8th pick. That would be a huge improvement and would set the Lakers up for serious trades and free agents