• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Gold Medal Game (Womens) Canada vs USA (shocker I know)

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
may i ask why

this prob has alot to do with it

With four straight gold medals in women's hockey Wickenheiser, Jayna Hefford and Caroline Ouellette joined Soviet biathlete Alexander Tikhonov and German speedskater Claudia Pechstein as gold medallists in four consecutive Winter Games.

i heard she's won 4 gold medals :noidea:

Vadered

Future Flyer Cup-Winner
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,135.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She didn't get a shot off, which is partially why I think it was a terrible call.

As they approach the blue line, it looks like Knight's right foot tangles with Wickenheiser's (spelling?). This causes Knight to fall forward where she hits Wickenheiser in the back while falling. This causes Wickenheiser to go down and lose possession of the puck, which drifts slowly towards the net and is easily poke-checked away (it may have registered as a shot, but it was in no way an actual shot).

Whether Knight intended to bring her down is irrelevant, IMO, because it was clearly her making contact that brought Wickenheiser down.

I admit, wasn't looking at the feet, more the arms/stick, where there was nothing doing.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this prob has alot to do with it

With four straight gold medals in women's hockey Wickenheiser, Jayna Hefford and Caroline Ouellette joined Soviet biathlete Alexander Tikhonov and German speedskater Claudia Pechstein as gold medallists in four consecutive Winter Games.

i heard she's won 4 gold medals :noidea:

she is retiring after this one isnt she and no I dont mean from men

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recorded the game. Never really gave Women's Olympic hockey much of a chance before when it comes to watching.

I watched the first period and couldn't convince myself to keep watching. Too slow and minor love taps getting called for checking.

Congrats Canada

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poulins goal celebration in OT may be one of my all time favs that is fantastic

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poulins goal celebration in OT may be one of my all time favs that is fantastic

Yeah, that was very good. I was kinda hoping she was going to do a 100 foot knee slide though after skating away from her teammates, to be honest.

/I'm kidding.
//Can I get some Poulin Petro Points?

Last edited by a moderator:

Zwings40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
US pretty much lost the game for themselves.

Would have been nice if the refs continued to swallow their whistles like they did in the 3rd and just let them play. As soon as they decided to get into the game again, it all went downhill. Was still an exciting game there up until the end though. Good game.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeppers. Why would you say that stuff? No one would ever trample another county's flag. Well, no sane people.

yeah that was a little over the top when that happened. she was jacked on emotion and the hate is strong on both sides. it almost reminded me of crabtree/sherman style hate.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah that was a little over the top when that happened. she was jacked on emotion and the hate is strong on both sides. it almost reminded me of crabtree/sherman style hate.

Sort of...but it was sort of defamatory. I understand the emotional side of it, but I'm never a fan of putting down your opponent, especially following a huge win. Obviously there were extenuating circumstances in that game with the officiating, but sort of a big accusation. Didn't hurt anyone, but far from sportsmanship.