• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me your top 10 most likely

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm... Lets look at some of the impressive Syracuse early exits...

1978 Lost to Western Kentucky in 2nd round. (didn't have seeds)
1979 Lost to Pennsylvania in the 2nd round
1983 lost to Ohio State in the 2nd round.
1985 Lost to Ga Tech in the 2nd round
1986 Lost to Navy in the 2nd round. (Navy has a bb team?) yes and they made the elite 8 that year
1988 Lost to Rhode Island in the 2nd round.
1991 Lost to Richmond in the 1st round.
1992 Lost to UMass in the 2nd round
1995 Lost to Arkansas in the 2nd round
1999 Lost to Oklahoma State in the 1st round
2001 Lost to Kansas in the 2nd round
2005 Lost to Texas A&M in the 1st round
2006 Lost to Vermont in the 1st round
2011 Lost to Marquette in the 2nd round. to a fellow BE school

That's just since Boeheim arrived.

:laugh3: indeed.

Glass houses, slapdick. Glass houses.

i love how you say "thats just since boeheim arrived ==> like we had numerous tourny bids before that.

if you need to go back to 78 to make a point, lets use 75 as the benchmark (the year the tourny expanded to 32)

number of tourny bids by school since 75.

UNC 36
SU 32
duke 32
KU 32
UK 31
ville 31
IU 31
UCLA 30

notice how SU is right at the top of the list? you see......each time you get a tourny bid.....you increase the possibility of having another first round exit ==> its just a numbers game. in CFB have you ever noticed how Bama is 4th on the list for most bowl loses ==> same reason

from 1975-2013 syracuse is tied for 2nd most tourny bids in that period. without the bolds (the years we lost to an equal or higher seed) you have just 6 cases of us losing to a lower seed. not bad for 29 tourny bids in that period. (i took out the 3 we have from 75-77)

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i love how you say "thats just since boeheim arrived ==> like we had numerous tourny bids before that.

if you need to go back to 78 to make a point, lets use 75 as the benchmark (the year the tourny expanded to 32)

UNC 36
SU 32
duke 32
KU 32
UK 31
ville 31
IU 31
UCLA 30

notice how SU is right at the top of the list? you see......each time you get a tourny bid.....you increase the possibility of having another first round exit ==> its just a numbers game. in CFB have you ever noticed how Bama is 4th on the list for most bowl loses ==> same reason

from 1975-2013 syracuse is tied for 2nd most tourny bids in that period. without the bolds (the years we lost to an equal or higher seed) you have just 6 cases of us losing to a lower seed. not bad for 29 tourny bids in that period. (i took out the 3 we have from 75-77)

Blah blah blah... so why were you laughing at Kentucky, slapdick?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

UNC 36
SU 32
duke 32
KU 32
UK 31
ville 31
IU 31
UCLA 30

Okay, since 75 is the magic year, why is it that since then, UK has more S16 appearances, more E8 appearances, more FF appearances, more Title game appearances, and more Championships, than Syracuse... and they managed to do that with one less tournament appearance than Syracuse.

:laugh3: Keep laughin, slapdick.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody has a shot......

But Kentucky will be lucky to get past the 2nd round. They probably won't get past the 2nd round, in fact.

That's such a horrible prediction to hear...especially for a UK fan.
Say...are you by any chance the famous seer and prophet of future events....the man most famously known as "Nostradumbass"?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh I was the one who said that in my post? Classic Slapdick

no you are the one too stupid for a basic discussion. whats worse is you call yourself a SU fan saying it is your second favorite team.so you should know exactly when SU has made it past the round of 16 the last couple of years.

at least I am good enough of a poster to not have to resort to this crap dc. technically speaking cuse has 2 e8s & 1 FF in the past 2 years. i just can't believe that you are actually butt hurt enough to even go down that road.

this is a great win for me. :clap:

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, since 75 is the magic year, why is it that since then, UK has more S16 appearances, more E8 appearances, more FF appearances, more Title game appearances, and more Championships, than Syracuse... and they managed to do that with one less tournament appearance than Syracuse.

:laugh3: Keep laughin, slapdick.

oh i dunno, being an established basketball power for about 20 years longer than SU, better facilities, players, fanbase, being a basketball blueblood..........etc.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh i dunno, being an established basketball power for about 20 years longer than SU, better facilities, players, fanbase, being a basketball blueblood..........etc.

Oh, so you it was "laugh at the bluebloods day" yesterday? That's weird... It wasn't on my bullshit holiday of the day calendar.

So when you said...

it is kentucky :laugh3:

What exactly did you mean by that? Because to me it just looked like a guy trying to talk shit about a superior program.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, slapdick, I haven't looked at the polls since they came out on Monday... Did Syracuse make it to #1 yet?

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What exactly did you mean by that? Because to me it just looked like a guy trying to talk shit about a superior program.

ever since cal got there that program has had a lot of letdowns considering their fab 5 level recruiting classes. they have been in the preseason top 10 4 times in the last 4 years (not including this year). 3 of those times they came into the season at 5 or higher. they have 2 FFs (and 1 NC)* however they also have missed the tourny in that same period

they show the hit & miss of the one & done system

*in a 2 year period for the dumbass zona fan

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no you are the one too stupid for a basic discussion. whats worse is you call yourself a SU fan saying it is your second favorite team.so you should know exactly when SU has made it past the round of 16 the last couple of years.

at least I am good enough of a poster to not have to resort to this crap dc. technically speaking cuse has 2 e8s & 1 FF in the past 2 years. i just can't believe that you are actually butt hurt enough to even go down that road.

this is a great win for me. :clap:

you have been a sports fan for like 3 weeks and have done lots of research on the interwebz to try and make yourself sound smart, amiright?

Nobody has ever said anything besides "we went to an elite 8 and FF the last two years"...yet you don't see why i made fun of you.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ever since cal got there that program has had a lot of letdowns considering their fab 5 level recruiting classes. they have been in the preseason top 10 4 times in the last 4 years (not including this year). 3 of those times they came into the season at 5 or higher. they have 2 FFs (and 1 NC)* however they also have missed the tourny in that same period

wait you get credit for a Final four if you win a national championship? COOL!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

How many times has UK lost in the 2nd round since Cal has been at UK? He missed the tournament once. Every other year, he's made it to the Elite Eight at the least.

Took Cal 1 season to make it to an Elite Eight.
Took Boehiem 11.

Took Cal 2 Seasons to make it to a Final Four
Took Boeheim 11.

Took Cal 3 seasons' to win a Championship.
Took Boeheim 26.

Kudos to Boeheim though. He managed to get an extra year in before he missed the tournament his first time. Yeah, that Cal is really inconsistent though. I guess you could consider an Elite Eight exit a "miss" for a team like UK, but I think most would consider that track record so far a lot more "hit" than "miss"

So remind me again which part of the 2nd round exit comment you thought was so funny.

*That's 1NC, 1FF, and 1EE, in a three year period for everyone not called slapdick.

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you have been a sports fan for like 3 weeks and have done lots of research on the interwebz to try and make yourself sound smart, amiright?

Nobody has ever said anything besides "we went to an elite 8 and FF the last two years"...yet you don't see why i made fun of you.

too bad dumbfuck. That is still a correct way to state it and I was completely correct in stating it that way.

at this point you are just bitching about a technicality and only pathetic losers who are either

1. really, really, butthurt

or

2.have been totally owned

have to resort to something like that.:laugh3:

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
too bad dumbfuck. That is still a correct way to state it and I was completely correct in stating it that way.

at this point you are just bitching about a technicality and only pathetic losers who are either

1. really, really, butthurt

or

have to resort to something like that.:laugh3:

slapdick!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

YouKeepUsingThatWord-300x258.jpeg

john01992

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times has UK lost in the 2nd round since Cal has been at UK? He missed the tournament once. Every other year, he's made it to the Elite Eight at the least.

Took Cal 1 season to make it to an Elite Eight.
Took Boehiem 11.

Took Cal 2 Seasons to make it to a Final Four
Took Boeheim 11.

Took Cal 3 seasons' to win a Championship.
Took Boeheim 26.

Kudos to Boeheim though. He managed to get an extra year in before he missed the tournament his first time. Yeah, that Cal is really inconsistent though. I guess you could consider an Elite Eight exit a "miss" for a team like UK, but I think most would consider that track record so far a lot more "hit" than "miss"

yeah i mean comparing what boeheim did when he was a 1st time coach building an unknown program to what cal did during his 4th coaching stint (3rd at a major program/franchise) is completely fair.:scratch::L

it took cal 23 years as a coach to get his first FF*

*without cheating

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i mean comparing what boeheim did when he was a 1st time coach building an unknown program to what cal did during his 4th coaching stint (3rd at a major program/franchise) is completely fair.:scratch::L

Unknown program? Look slapdick, just because you weren't even a glimmer in your daddy's eye when Boeheim took over doesn't mean they were an unknown program.

Syracuse was in the Final Four in 1975. Boeheim took over in 1976.

You can keep deflecting and trying to change the subject all you want.

I still want to know what the fuck you thought was so funny about the comment saying UK would be out in the 2nd round? You still haven't answered that.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it took cal 23 years as a coach to get his first FF*

*without cheating

Just out of curiosity, slapdick, can you tell me how many years the Orange missed the NCAA tournament due to a post season ban because of NCAA violations? Just wondering if you know.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AZ
Creighton
Cuse
Florida (finding their grove currently)
Iowa
Kansas
MSU
Michigan (based off potential and eventually becoming healthy)
SDU
UW

Just missed the cut
Iowa st (If they can get healthy in time). I would substitute them for Michigan.

Please tell me you mean Michigan State and not Michigan, because Tre Burke is gone and McGary is out for the season and I just don't see them doing much in the Big10 let alone the tourney.