• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me your top 10 most likely

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also my list is looking DAMN good (except for ISU, maybe)

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also my list is looking DAMN good (except for ISU, maybe)

Yeah, I'm still pretty happy with mine too. tOSU is the only one looking "iffy" at the moment, but mid-season skid aside, I still think they have a decent shot. The Wisky loss doesn't bother me. The UK loss doesn't bother me.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its spelled Boeheim <== after 10x making that mistake i gotta correct you sometime

Well, here it is for everyone too see. If ol' slapdick can find 10 instances of me misspelling Coach Boo Boo Kitty Fuck's name, prior to 01-16-2014 04:52 PM (the time of his original post) then I'll never post on here again.

Otherwise, the little skidmark is going to have to admit that he can't count to ten.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, here it is for everyone too see. If ol' slapdick can find 10 instances of me misspelling Coach Boo Boo Kitty Fuck's name, prior to 01-16-2014 04:52 PM (the time of his original post) then I'll never post on here again.

Otherwise, the little skidmark is going to have to admit that he can't count to ten.

Bump for slapdick. Will he ever man up and accept the challenge, or is he going to act like the pussy we all know he is?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else enjoy looking back on these prediction threads with the benefit of hindsight? (ignoring of course my taunting of john john)

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anybody else enjoy looking back on these prediction threads with the benefit of hindsight? (ignoring of course my taunting of john john)

do you think Runeman will look at this thread and conveniently ignore that I was defending kentucky the whole time, only to make up some more shit about how i was saying they were awful the entire year?

highly likely.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some notes about my list:

I had 5 of 8 Elite Eight teams
I had 3 of 4 Final Four teams
UConn beat a full 50% of the list (Nova, ISU, MSU, Florida, UK)
The only awful pick I had in hindsight was Ohio State

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So some notes about my list:

I had 5 of 8 Elite Eight teams
I had 3 of 4 Final Four teams
UConn beat a full 50% of the list (Nova, ISU, MSU, Florida, UK)
The only awful pick I had in hindsight was Ohio State

Im honestly not even sure OSU was a terrible pick. They were 3 seconds away from beating Dayton. After that they could have easily made the Elite 8.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams to cut down the nets in April. Maybe not your top 10 right now, not the 10 best resumes etc etc. Just the 10 teams that you think have the team/potential/coaching necessary to win the NCAA title in April. OK go!!!

:L:L:L Didn't look at when this was posted, I thought we were talking about next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im honestly not even sure OSU was a terrible pick. They were 3 seconds away from beating Dayton. After that they could have easily made the Elite 8.

SU spanks the buckeyes. You know that.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SU spanks the buckeyes. You know that.

I think you're right on that one jonvi. I'd take SU over tOSU too.

It kinda sucked from a prediction standpoint that SU, tOSU and KU all in the same part of the bracket so I could only get one of them to the EE. Even worse I had SU, tOSU and KU in the same part of the bracket, and I couldn't even get one of them through to the EE.

The lesson as always: I'm an idiot. :)

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made my list waaaay too early.

I did get the 'Duke doesn't play defense' thing right, though

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona
Syracuse
Wisconsin
Michigan State
Florida
Kentucky
Wichita St.
Iowa
Iowa State
Kansas

I think you are all sleeping on Wichita State, regardless of the schedule they have played. This team is MUCH better than Gonzaga was last year (they were much better than Gonzaga last year and showed it in the tourney by beating them, obviously) and I think Wichita State is better than they were last year. The key is they play great defense which will always give them a chance.

I had a hard time coming up with more than 8. I don't think Iowa State can realistically win a national championship, same with Kansas and 'Nova. They might go far, but I don't think they have what it takes to win 6 games. Same goes for Oklahoma State for me, eventually they will run into a team that is too big down low and understands that to stop Smart all you have to do is make him shoot jumpers (I know, easier said than done but someone will succeed at that task in the tourney).

I don't think Kentucky will put it all together, but I do think there is a slight chance they figure out how to play defense and if they do they would be very dangerous.

I stand by this. Even with Niang I don't think Iowa State would have won it all (although I think they might have beaten Uconn, ironically). I had 'Nova and OK St pegged from the beginning of the season as overrated. I didn't think Kentucky would figure it out, but wasn't surprised when they did. And I stand by the opinion of WSU, that team was legit and most certainly a top 10, if not top 5 or 6 team.

I had 5 EE and 3 FF teams, I had two teams that had significant injuries, I missed out big-time with Iowa and 'Cuse...not bad overall

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa St had a legit shot at winning it all if they were fully healthy. Wichita St is a difficult sell because they lost to the first team they played but that team also went very far

CoolStoryBro

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Iowa St had a legit shot at winning it all if they were fully healthy. Wichita St is a difficult sell because they lost to the first team they played but that team also went very far

I feel like if Witchita got past UK they would have made it to the FF. Yes I do think they would have beaten UL and Michigan.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like if Witchita got past UK they would have made it to the FF. Yes I do think they would have beaten UL and Michigan.

Agreed, and it's precisely why i said that I stand by my statement from January. But that's not REALLY the point, since both Louisville and Michigan were good enough for the FF as well. That region was just insanely talented and loaded with good teams and UK did quite the job to make it out of there.