• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Give me your top 10 most likely

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams to cut down the nets in April. Maybe not your top 10 right now, not the 10 best resumes etc etc. Just the 10 teams that you think have the team/potential/coaching necessary to win the NCAA title in April. OK go!!!

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU
Wisky
Ohio State
Cuse
Zona
Kansas
Iowa State
Kentucky
Florida
Nova

That was actually harder than I thought it would be.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU
Wisky
Ohio State
Cuse
Zona
Kansas
Iowa State
Kentucky
Florida
Nova

This would probably be my list as well. But id be pretty shocked to see nova or ISU in final 4 ironically

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU
Wisky
Ohio State
Cuse
Zona
Kansas
Iowa State
Kentucky
Florida
Nova

This is my exact list save Id replace OSU with Iowa, just dont think OSU can score it consistently enough to win a title and in the tourney they seem to call the games a lot tighter for whatever reason. That usually favors teams that can score and hurts teams where D is their forte.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona
Wisconsin
Ohio St.
Michigan St.
Syracuse
Duke
Louisville
Villanova
Kentucky
SDSU

Honorable Mention: Creighton, UCLA

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is my exact list save Id replace OSU with Iowa, just dont think OSU can score it consistently enough to win a title and in the tourney they seem to call the games a lot tighter for whatever reason. That usually favors teams that can score and hurts teams where D is their forte.

I mulled over Iowa over OSU for a minute. I'm not quite on the Iowa bandwagon yet, but I'll say that I give them a lot more credit now than I did at the start of the season.

At this point if you put Iowa in over OSU I wouldn't argue against it. I just happen to like OSU's combo of talent and tourney experience. I want to hate Craft really bad, but every time I watch OSU I end up liking him a little more.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona
Wisconsin
Ohio St.
Michigan St.
Syracuse
Duke
Louisville
Villanova
Kentucky
SDSU

I know they are your honorable mentions but I would legit spend the next year of my life Chris McCandless style if Creighton or UCLA make the final 4. Neither of those teams can defend worth a lick against any quality scoring opponent.

SDSU's problem is in the tourney I think they will run into a lot of quality defensive teams to match their defense. Can SDSU consistently score?

Then as I said above ISU while probably in my top 10 right now they would shock me as well. We know they rule in Hilton, but 4 straight neutral games? They are not that deep and bomb 3s...1 game of off shooting or foul trouble and bye.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU
MSU
Cuse
Florida
OK St
Kentucky
Kansas
Louisville
Duke
Zona

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mulled over Iowa over OSU for a minute. I'm not quite on the Iowa bandwagon yet, but I'll say that I give them a lot more credit now than I did at the start of the season.

At this point if you put Iowa in over OSU I wouldn't argue against it. I just happen to like OSU's combo of talent and tourney experience. I want to hate Craft really bad, but every time I watch OSU I end up liking him a little more.

Word on that. I feel like IF Iowa can get out of the first weekend I like their chances but on a team with 0 tourney experience its tough to tell how they respond.

gpm1976

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

maybe.. and I think that is all about Smith and Ross right now not being a factor. But I like what I'm seeing from some other players who are starting to step it up now. I think we will only continue to get better as this year rolls on.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That was my thinking with OSU for now too. They have the potential to really peak come march. We know they can defend like hell and the scoring is there if guys like Smith, Ross, Thompson and Scott really come on strong. The experience is really key.

Iowa is loaded with very good upperclassmen talent but OSU has some of that mixed with big time tourney experience.

Can't go wrong either way right now as you said.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU
MSU
Cuse
Florida
OK St
Kentucky
Kansas
Louisville
Duke
Zona

Shit. Ok State totally slipped my mind. I think I would have them over Nova or ISU. Good call.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona
Wisconsin
Ohio St.
Michigan St.
Syracuse
Duke
Louisville
Villanova
Kentucky
SDSU

I also thought about Duke and Louisville based on coaching alone, but having seen both play several games this season, I just can't pull the trigger on either one. And I was especially sold on Duke at the beginning of the season. I thought with Parker they were going to be a force. But they have the same problem as Louisville. No quality presence in the paint. They need some size. Louisville was serviceable with Behanan, but once he got kicked off the team, I think their fate was sealed. Either of these teams would get obliterated now by big teams like Cuse, UK and Zona. I'm not sure, but I think Louisville has actually switched to a 6 guard lineup where Chris Jones is riding piggyback on Russ Smith's shoulders, playing the 5.

Anywho, I like both those teams as darkhorse teams, that could do some damage if they got a favorable draw, but realistically I just couldn't include them in my list.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good call on Ok St. I totally missed that one too. I'd have them in ahead of ISU.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona
Syracuse
Michigan St
Ohio St
Florida
San Diego St
Oklahoma St
Cincinnati
North Carolina
Kansas

Duke doesn't play defense

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK State is too dependent on 1 guy IMO. Yes I know they have other quality players but if Smart gets into foul trouble ( like he did at KSU ) or if he gets tweeked, or if he just has an off game I dont think the Cowboys are good enough to win a title. Now if you can guarantee me that hes going to straight up ball out in all 6 tourney games then Id have them in my top 5 or 6.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona
Syracuse
Michigan St
Ohio St
Florida
San Diego St
Oklahoma St
Cincinnati
North Carolina
Kansas

Duke doesn't play defense

Interesting.... Care to expound on that pick?? At the rate theyre going UNC may miss the tourney altogether.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNC and Cincinatti are bold picks to the extreme.