• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Giannis wishes he can stay with the Bucks for his entire career...

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like a relatively quiet type that will stay with the Bucks for as long as possible.

buckalis

Trainer of Don Diego de la Vega
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He seems like a relatively quiet type that will stay with the Bucks for as long as possible.
Yes, he only owns one house in the US (albeit very big) and that is in Milwaukee which costed him only 1.8M... The other house he owns is in Greece...

In an interview lately for a Greek site, he stated that he doesn't like changing teams cause he thinks it influences negatively his long term image to the fans worldwide but prefers to link his name with a certain jersey instead... He additionally stated that he wants to stay with the Bucks on an executive position after his career ends and he "would seriously consider it if there would be an opportunity rising that he could buy shares of the Bucks"...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that it influences his long term image negatively to be on the Bucks period.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that it influences his long term image negatively to be on the Bucks period.
Maybe not if he brings them titles (multiple). And maybe not with the international fans (I don't know, but that's what Bucky claims, and we know how right he is about everything).

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, it's a culture difference that an ombre in California would never be able to understand...
Yes, I read that he loves Milwaukee.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Once he fails to win any rings (likely a lock if he stays there), he will be seen as someone not interested enough in winning. Sure, it's a nice story when someone stays with their draft team for the entirety of their career, but it does raise questions if no championships are involved.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once he fails to win any rings (likely a lock if he stays there), he will be seen as someone not interested enough in winning. Sure, it's a nice story when someone stays with their draft team for the entirety of their career, but it does raise questions if no championships are involved.
Milwaukee has deep pocket owners and I'm sure they'll build around him. I heard that he doesn't like LA.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Milwaukee has deep pocket owners and I'm sure they'll build around him. I heard that he doesn't like LA.
Just because someone doesn't like LA doesn't mean they stay in Milwaukee. There are a couple other options in the league that can even compete. Maybe he should go to Toronto and try and prove that he is just as good as Kawhi by getting a ring there.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Which is a maximum of 3 to 4 years unless they start contending or the Bucks' front office is showing they're doing everything they can to get him a 2nd star.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not saying he would choose LA specifically. If he truly wants to be the clear, unquestioned #1, he'll be fine with the Bucks. That will limit how much talent they can bring in though. Two star teams are everywhere in the league now.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most owners in the NBA have deep pockets, but that's only part of the equation.

My bet would be that if they aren't in the finals within the next few seasons, he'll likely go somewhere that he feels can get him there.

He certainly doesn't have to go to an LA team, but Milwaukee isn't exactly a destination city. So, unless the Bucks can trade for someone, or draft someone who can be the 2nd star or find a top tier FA who really loves cheese curds, they likely won't ever get to the finals, let alone win a title.

Right now, it's easy for him to be in Milwaukee. They're a good, solid playoff team and young enough that maybe a 2nd star can develop.

But, as he gets older, things like his legacy and position among all time greats will start to become more important to him. If he hasn't at least been to the finals, he'll likely start looking for another team.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most owners in the NBA have deep pockets, but that's only part of the equation.

My bet would be that if they aren't in the finals within the next few seasons, he'll likely go somewhere that he feels can get him there.

He certainly doesn't have to go to an LA team, but Milwaukee isn't exactly a destination city. So, unless the Bucks can trade for someone, or draft someone who can be the 2nd star or find a top tier FA who really loves cheese curds, they likely won't ever get to the finals, let alone win a title.

Right now, it's easy for him to be in Milwaukee. They're a good, solid playoff team and young enough that maybe a 2nd star can develop.

But, as he gets older, things like his legacy and position among all time greats will start to become more important to him. If he hasn't at least been to the finals, he'll likely start looking for another team.
You may be right.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is a maximum of 3 to 4 years unless they start contending or the Bucks' front office is showing they're doing everything they can to get him a 2nd star.

They were contenders last year, and should be again.

Losing Brogdon hurts though. And it hurts even more because it was a situation where ownership was clearly looking to avoid the luxury tax.

Giannis’ salary is due to almost double in 2 years and Middleton is making a boat load. They will not be able to contend after Giannis signs his Supermax if they are unwilling to be tax payers.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were contenders last year, and should be again.

Losing Brogdon hurts though. And it hurts even more because it was a situation where ownership was clearly looking to avoid the luxury tax.

Giannis’ salary is due to almost double in 2 years and Middleton is making a boat load. They will not be able to contend after Giannis signs his Supermax if they are unwilling to be tax payers.

I don't see how this is possible. We have been assured by tHopp's very own Bucks insider that everyone will re-sign with them on team friendly deals.

You may want to double check your sauces.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how this is possible. We have been assured by tHopp's very own Bucks insider that everyone will re-sign with them on team friendly deals.

You may want to double check your sauces.
And what is this talk of adding a 2nd star down the road? They already got PG, no?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Contenders in a way. Unless they actually make the Finals I don't think it'll satisfy Giannis.

I agree.

I think need to show Giannis they are committed to winning.

And they won’t do that if they are letting pieces like Brogdon walk away every year.

Ironically the current CBA was constructed to make it too expensive to keep dominant teams in tact for more than a few years.

But the reality is that it makes it almost impossible for small market teams to keep their cores together.

Teams like the Warriors and Lakers and Nets can pay the tax. Much harder for a team like Milwaukee.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

I think need to show Giannis they are committed to winning.

And they won’t do that if they are letting pieces like Brogdon walk away every year.

Ironically the current CBA was constructed to make it too expensive to keep dominant teams in tact for more than a few years.

But the reality is that it makes it almost impossible for small market teams to keep their cores together.

Teams like the Warriors and Lakers and Nets can pay the tax. Much harder for a team like Milwaukee.

They've got their shot to make the Finals this year. When Durant comes back the road to the title gets a little harder for them