• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Geno Smith is the new QB for the Jets

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, which is why I think he has the role just long enough to get Hack/Petty some real snaps with the Jets playbook in practice rather than running the scout teams. Barring him having a monster out of nowhere year, I bet he's out of that job after the bye week if not sooner.

I agree. The word is up here that we won't see Hackenberg this year but to expect Petty in 2 to 3 games. As far as Geno goes I think the Jets beat reporter from the Daily News (Heard on the radio, I would never spend a dime on that pos paper) said it best "He isn't fit the run a Pop Warner team". That should be an interesting scene when they run into each other in the locker room.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno had Decker in 2014 and couldn't get him involved consistently

Yeah... true to a point...

The "glass half full" side would say that was injuries more than play. Geno to Decker a nice start the first game and a half (137 yards and a TD) before his hamstring injury forced him out and he was missing practices and hurt for most of the season with that hamstring injury for another 8 or so weeks.

Then when he was getting back to 100%, Geno got hurt and Vick was QB and didn't involve him.

Then when Geno came back in the last 5 games and Decker was healthy, Decker was on pace for a 1500 yard season and Geno was completing 71% of his throws his way during that stretch and wow they were on point that last game of the year.

I don't know... I am not a Geno fan by any stretch, but I don't think I've seen enough to write him off. He looked much improved after he returned from that shoulder injury in 2014. I always thought he played better in the tougher situations but was erratic overall. It wouldn't surprise me if he fails and they move on quickly, and I don't know how he's been in practice but it wouldn't surprise me if he does well in his stand in here either.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So much for Geno...