• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Geno Smith is the new QB for the Jets

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, that's why I thought a healthy or course, Romo, made some sense....16 games of Romo or Rivers, with the skill talent they have, assuming Decker can return, makes that team look completely different

Romo is still under contract too I think, but with Dak showing he can play at this level DAL might take less for him.

I really think Romo is too fragile at this point. Another reason SD makes sense is they are likely to get rid of the HC...start fresh, new QB, new HC.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo is still under contract too I think, but with Dak showing he can play at this level DAL might take less for him.

I really think Romo is too fragile at this point. Another reason SD makes sense is they are likely to get rid of the HC...start fresh, new QB, new HC.

Agreed on the Romo front, although I have to think Dallas would shop him, probably more as a favor to him, so he gets one last shot to start.......Definitely too fragile, probably why I think its a typical Jets move...LOL

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed on the Romo front, although I have to think Dallas would shop him, probably more as a favor to him, so he gets one last shot to start.......Definitely too fragile, probably why I think its a typical Jets move...LOL

LOL...I'd be okay with Romo for a 3rd or 4th rounder...but 2nd rd is too high for him right now....Brees is very expensive but if the Saints crash and burn, he might be on the market next yr.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...I'd be okay with Romo for a 3rd or 4th rounder...but 2nd rd is too high for him right now....Brees is very expensive but if the Saints crash and burn, he might be on the market next yr.

Yeah, I hearing a lot of the Brees thing too......Despite Lynch, I could see Denver being all in on something like that....And No, Id never even get into the 3rd round territory for Romo, it would almost have to be a give away, but if he went to Jerry and requested a trade, I think they would oblige without holding teams ransom

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I hearing a lot of the Brees thing too......Despite Lynch, I could see Denver being all in on something like that....And No, Id never even get into the 3rd round territory for Romo, it would almost have to be a give away, but if he went to Jerry and requested a trade, I think they would oblige without holding teams ransom

Romo...I don't blame you I wouldn't want to go that high, but the Jets are desperate too. Since we are talking about a desperate team...another talented but wacky QB that will probably be released next yr so they could get him w/o investing any picks...Cutler.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Romo...I don't blame you I wouldn't want to go that high, but the Jets are desperate too. Since we are talking about a desperate team...another talented but wacky QB that will probably be released next yr so they could get him w/o investing any picks...Cutler.

Stay Far Away from that guy, at least as a starter, no matter who I am.......His apparent lack of interest would terrify me as a team

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stay Far Away from that guy, at least as a starter, no matter who I am.......His apparent lack of interest would terrify me as a team
Now THAT would be NYJs move.

Of this grouping I'd try pretty hard for Brees, then Rivers, but would settle for Romo at the right price.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to give it the Jets on this...they insisted on a 1 yr deal with Fitz so maybe they at least thought this situation had potential.

I thought they went about it perfectly, and the worst case scenario played out

They held their ground on one year, on a guy that went for 31 TD's and 10 INT's last season...So they were wise enough to realize the aberration

They have a roster built to win now, great set of skill position players (pre-Decker injury), but all are on the wrong side of their careers.......

Trying to catch lightning in a bottle with Fitz twice, was a no brainer for them

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought they went about it perfectly, and the worst case scenario played out

They held their ground on one year, on a guy that went for 31 TD's and 10 INT's last season...So they were wise enough to realize the aberration

They have a roster built to win now, great set of skill position players (pre-Decker injury), but all are on the wrong side of their careers.......

Trying to catch lightning in a bottle with Fitz twice, was a no brainer for them

Yep...it really made it clear when he wet the bed in the playoff or go golfing game vs BUF...if he had a great game and they win, maybe they give him two yrs.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Change needed to be made. Will it be better no clue. Just like my 49ers. When u keep losing u need to make a change. Fitz isnt their future any ways.

flyingelvis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets need to find out if any of their two young QBs is the answer before they bring in another veteran QB. The season is lost, not sure why they are bothering with Geno Smith. He's clearly not the answer.

Four QBs on the roster with no idea who the future is. Typical Jets.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get this man some tissues.

Jets QB Ryan Fitzpatrick said he was informed yesterday of the benching: "I respect the decision, but I don't have to like it." He said today was "awkward" in practice. He wasn't surprised, acknowledging changes have to be made when a team is 1-5. "I guess I was the change," he said.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a team that has not had a real QB in ages it baffles me that the Jets have never even attempted to have a quality TE. In 20 years the Jets have all but ignored this position. At least give your shitty QBs a checkdown option.

Also, should have saved the Fitz money and spent it on oline help. Again, a shitty QB is exposed even more behind a mediocre/bad offensive line.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what? They can't make the playoffs anyway. Fitz is gone after the season anyway you slice it. Why not see what Geno brings to the table?

Geno's gone at the end of the season too

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, that's why I thought a healthy or course, Romo, made some sense....16 games of Romo or Rivers, with the skill talent they have, assuming Decker can return, makes that team look completely different

Decker probably misses most of next season too. He now has a hip issue that needs surgery and he won't get the shoulder surgery until he is off the crutches from the hip surgery.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Geno's gone at the end of the season too

Yup, which is why I think he has the role just long enough to get Hack/Petty some real snaps with the Jets playbook in practice rather than running the scout teams. Barring him having a monster out of nowhere year, I bet he's out of that job after the bye week if not sooner.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brutal decision

After the toughest first 6 games ive ever seen, they have 4 winnable games coming up, Fitz should have been given a shot at least the first game

So he could throw yet another int on the 1 yard line?