• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week 1....FINALLY!!!!

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glad to see that double move after the CB went out. The UCF defense was sitting on everything and got burnt to a crisp.

Yes that was nice obviously since it worked but also it was nice to see the coaching staff call that and exploit the fact that their starting CB was out that play

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only real negative in secondary was Davis, he needs to sit. Haley needs to be in rotation over him. Lucas and Amos were beasts today.

Running game will come around, UCF is one of better D's we will face and they return almost everyone from last year.

I don't worry at all about Hack, he was just feeling it and forced a couple. Thing is, nothing fazes him, he forgets those plays and moves on, which is huge

All good points

Just glad this season is started now and am certainly happy with the win.

Nothing against O'Brien and I don't know about anyone else but I couldn't get comfortable with O'Brien as coach - not because of his coaching abilities but because I always felt that lingering impending day when O'Brien would announce he is moving on.

Wish him success in Houston.

But now with Franklin in here it feels he wants to be at PSU and is excited to be there. This win was a good first win for him.

:suds:

SFNL

is a little bit warmer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we looked great today. Granted, no one knows how UCF will end up by the end of the year, but we absolutely dominated the 1st half. No sense into getting into why we didn't also dominate on the scoreboard but in the end, it gave our team a chance to pull together to win one as close as they come. Growing pains today for sure, but they boys will remember this one for a really, really long time.

I hope that this is the poorest game that we will see out of the zebras this year because it was bad on both side of the ball for both teams at times.

Hack played great, I thought. Curious as to why we leaned on him so hard but I don't remember him having the pocket presence that he had this morning. Most times he didn't even shuffle his feet after taking a snap in the gun... I'm not sure I've ever seen that out of any QB. He'll fix the handful of bad throws that he had out of 48 but I gotta tell ya... I think we saw the start of something special today.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we looked great today. Granted, no one knows how UCF will end up by the end of the year, but we absolutely dominated the 1st half. No sense into getting into why we didn't also dominate on the scoreboard but in the end, it gave our team a chance to pull together to win one as close as they come. Growing pains today for sure, but they boys will remember this one for a really, really long time.

I hope that this is the poorest game that we will see out of the zebras this year because it was bad on both side of the ball for both teams at times.

Hack played great, I thought. Curious as to why we leaned on him so hard but I don't remember him having the pocket presence that he had this morning. Most times he didn't even shuffle his feet after taking a snap in the gun... I'm not sure I've ever seen that out of any QB. He'll fix the handful of bad throws that he had out of 48 but I gotta tell ya... I think we saw the start of something special today.

One of the reasons we didn't pop another TD up in fist was that horrible, horrible call against Godwin for being stronger than the CB. All in all, it was a great start for an opening game with a new staff and new system. I am VERY excited about this team's future, even moreso for this year after actually watching the product on the field and seeing some other teams that we will be playing.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All good points

Just glad this season is started now and am certainly happy with the win.

Nothing against O'Brien and I don't know about anyone else but I couldn't get comfortable with O'Brien as coach - not because of his coaching abilities but because I always felt that lingering impending day when O'Brien would announce he is moving on.

Wish him success in Houston.

But now with Franklin in here it feels he wants to be at PSU and is excited to be there. This win was a good first win for him.

:suds:

Yeah, BOB was the perfect guy at the right time. I was initially very pissed when he left, mainly because of the way he did it and some of the stuff that went on behind the scenes from his side. Once I saw Franklin as a possibility, I was ready to pack his bags for him. Franklin is a college coach, his bread and butter is knowing he can stock the cupboard every year and he's in a prime location to do it by locking down areas he is already well known and respected in. I think he's here for a while and I couldn't be happier, enjoy the ride:suds: