• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Week 1....FINALLY!!!!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team leaves for Ireland today, sounds like they are ready to rock and we will see some freshman play Saturday. I am very excited to see Haley, Godwon, Blacknall and Gesecki....hopefully Marcus Allen gets some time as well.

Think this will be a lower scoring affair as our D should be the strength early and O-line needs to gel. UCF starting a QB with no snaps against a good D is what I think wins this for us. If our O-line plays well, it could be comfortable win, but I think something like 17-10 or so good guys is on tap. Either way, this team, will be much better as the season goes on and poised for a big jump next year.

Good luck to both teams and here's to a well played, injury free game:suds:

pennstatenut

Working with my wood
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a long 9 months.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is going to take another year or two before the team is fully loaded by I am anxious to see the Franklin era begin on the field.

McSorley is over O'Connor on the depth charts huh?

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the McSorley over O'Connor is an indicator of them hoping to redshirt O'Connor. The depth chart makes a few redshirts obvious.

As far as not being able to sleep Friday night, that's why I have invited my friends over for a bonfire the night before :)

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The team leaves for Ireland today, sounds like they are ready to rock and we will see some freshman play Saturday. I am very excited to see Haley, Godwon, Blacknall and Gesecki....hopefully Marcus Allen gets some time as well.

Think this will be a lower scoring affair as our D should be the strength early and O-line needs to gel. UCF starting a QB with no snaps against a good D is what I think wins this for us. If our O-line plays well, it could be comfortable win, but I think something like 17-10 or so good guys is on tap. Either way, this team, will be much better as the season goes on and poised for a big jump next year.

Good luck to both teams and here's to a well played, injury free game:suds:

I think we have an advantage at QB and ultimately that will make the difference in a PSU win. #WeAre baby

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the McSorley over O'Connor is an indicator of them hoping to redshirt O'Connor. The depth chart makes a few redshirts obvious.

As far as not being able to sleep Friday night, that's why I have invited my friends over for a bonfire the night before :)

Nothing to do with wanting to redshirt O'Connor, McSorely has just flat out played better in practice. Has a better grasp of offense and better prescence right now. I think Wimbush will pass by both of them, kid just looks like he has "It" and he has a rifle for an arm. Hopefully we have 3 more years of Hack and these guys are all mop up duty either way till then.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it is going to take another year or two before the team is fully loaded by I am anxious to see the Franklin era begin on the field.

McSorley is over O'Connor on the depth charts huh?

Will have the talent next year, the talent AND the experience in 2016. This year's team could surprise some people, next year should have some expectations and 2016 could be a special season if #14 sticks around

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's go PSU!!!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is like Christmas morning as a kid for me. Arguably my favorite day of year, kickoff of PSU football. LET'S GO STATE!!!! DOMINATE DUBLIN!!!!!! BEAT UCF!!!!

Hope its a good game and both teams come out healthy.

Word from press box, Hack is throwing absolute darts in warmups and wind is not as big a factor as initially expected....at least not yet

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish our offense line looked better but we did expect them to struggle.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish our offense line looked better but we did expect them to struggle.

Since first drive, they have blocked well. Hack has had time and is shredding UCF. I see we found A Rob replacement

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What time is OSU-Navy?? Horrible to see Miller injured. Its just bad for college football, kid is exciting to watch

Noon your time on CBS Sports Network.

jdl5136

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shaking and just went out yelling...what a difference a few years make for Ficken.. lost in this is Genos great catch and the YAC to get an extra 10 yards. Just a great game to start the dynasty

TheSnowdog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for Penn State

Positives:
Hackenberg
Ficken
D line and LB play

Negatives:
Hackenberg - too many thrown balls off back foot and into coverage
Rushing game - need more out of it
Secondary - I get the feeling that if Holman played the whole game for UCF they win this game going away

But Holman didn't play the whole game and this was a good win for Penn State especially coming back for the winning FG drive

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How was Holman named the starter? Wow... As for the game Hack had some good and some bad. Needs to make some decisions quicker and not force the ball into coverage. But lead the game winning drive. Hard to expect much from the running game with two DL playing guard. Looks like Hamilton will be having us say Robinson who? Did Blacknall get into the game at all? Only WR's I can remember being called are Lewis, Hamilton and Godwin. Glad to see that double move after the CB went out. The UCF defense was sitting on everything and got burnt to a crisp.

Hats off to Ficken I expected him to miss it. Looks like we will see some growing pains thanks to the sanctions. Either way the Franklin era started off with a win that all the players deserved.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good win for Penn State

Positives:
Hackenberg
Ficken
D line and LB play

Negatives:
Hackenberg - too many thrown balls off back foot and into coverage
Rushing game - need more out of it
Secondary - I get the feeling that if Holman played the whole game for UCF they win this game going away

But Holman didn't play the whole game and this was a good win for Penn State especially coming back for the winning FG drive

The only real negative in secondary was Davis, he needs to sit. Haley needs to be in rotation over him. Lucas and Amos were beasts today.

Running game will come around, UCF is one of better D's we will face and they return almost everyone from last year.

I don't worry at all about Hack, he was just feeling it and forced a couple. Thing is, nothing fazes him, he forgets those plays and moves on, which is huge