• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Day 10/7/17 Wscionsin Game

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why it's so important we get his AD hire right. If we have to endure Riley for one more season to get the right AD hire. I will be fine with that. At least Riley has made changes on his staff. So if the AD search takes 2,3,4,5...months or more I alright just make the right hire.

The deal with Dave Remington is only for 60 days though. They'll need to appoint another interim if it takes longer. Remington has another job to get back to.

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck can you imagine us I. Year whatever it would be with Frank running the option. I but Frost would have be the OC and on direct line for head coach. Maybe Bo would ha e stayed in his lane and still be DC. We would be leading the big ten for sure

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ozigbo was running well outside... and at least 2 yards per inside but they kept calling for pass on short yardage... we abandon the run when the shitty inside run didnt work for our line...

Which I predicted DL would do after the first couple series.

You didn't see Wisconsin abandon the inside run when our front 7 stuffed it. They used it to keep our defense honest.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alright, so i've been reviewing and i do blame DL a little more. too much throwing. i thought we had worn their D down a little in the 1st half since we had the ball so much. and this here was the first play in the 2nd half. well blocked. but didn't see much more of it the rest of the 2nd half.

W7OZmv.gif

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's the next drive after dropping 24-17. our o-line can't get much push nor make it to the 2nd level, we have 8 guys blocking and their LB and DBs are unblocked making easy work of this. i illustrate this because next i got some Wiscy runs
yrl077.gif

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's just great blocking. guys doing what they should, Kalu and Lee try to fill the same hole and the puller doesn't even really need to block them as they take themselves out of it. if we want to be a good team, Weber needs to shed the TE block and make this play. or at the minimum, shove that TE so far back into the hole the rest of our defense gets a chance to converge. instead he gets destroyed by the TE.

G5nDW7.gif

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
same drive. i'm not deep on knowing what i'm looking at, but this looks like a run blitz to me. Weber gets handled easily by reach block of center and guard doubling. the guard comes off of that and gets Young. their left tackle destroys one of the Davis twins (K, i think). Williams lets the damn Ref take him out or at least slow him down. and their FB had no one to block and his hunting for a guy 10 yds down field. this play is real sad.

mQRAXO.gif

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
looking at that, Davis getting blown up is what really hurts, if he can stone that tackle, the hole is a lot smaller and we have more time to converge.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so, now they've just marched like 50 yards at this point on nothing but runs. they have a 6 person line with an FB. how do we only have 6 guys in the box on this play? oh but we are bringing Kalu on the S blitz. the problem, Newby looks way out of position here, why is he next to our DE on the far side when there's no TE over there? they run away from the blitz, our DE gets destroyed again. the Guard gets out quick and manhandles Young. Stille is blocked too easy by the TE. and Lee needs to take on the FB. no one left to make this tackle, Lee manages to avoid the block and makes the tackle.

9Q6lA3.gif

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lets just back to the husker running game on the next drive. we have 6 blockers and they have 7 guys in the box. tight man coverage, no respect at all that our WRs can get open. it's 4 yds and cloud of dust, but just looks how they have 5 guys holding the point of attack, 2 LBs are free to make the tackle. and the guy that really makes the play is the one that fights through our TE's block.

zKPRAr.gif

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm tired of watching this stuff, so last one. Stolt gets lit up by the Guard, both Center and Guard pull around clean. the back side TE gets alll the way to Young. Weber does his best to plug but he's gotta keep his feet. Davis again handled by a TE. he's gotta push through that block and fill space, in my untrained opinion.
VPpYy5.gif

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oops, forgot we can't go back and edit posts. my page is running a little slow with all the gifs.

we just need a couple of defenders that can make those plays. they are doing it against mediocre talent, such as Rutgers or Ill, but not against better teams.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
decided to do one more. as you can see, it's the 3&6 play with us down 14. get them off the field and maybe we have a chance to make a comeback. Diaco is thinking pass. the announcers even said as much. i remeber yelling at the screen, they are going to run it. 6 man line, we basically have 7 guys in the box. stolt almost makes the play, noe one else really gets off blocks until he's got his 8

jqQxPz.gif

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
next time i'll upload some videos to youtube or something. this is too many gifs in one thread.

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Undisciplined and soft after the 17-17 tie.

If the state didn't generously buy out Harvey Perlman he'd be still in charge of the mess he created. Nebraska deserves better and the mismanagement of the Athletic Department with the hires, bonuses, contract extensions, firings and pay outs is a major fiasco. If the ship doesn't get righted, the fans may say enough and the money from ticket sales will go out the door to something else. Let's not forget the most important thing - fan interest.

Then there's Tom Osborne, when he started out Head Coaching, he had some rough years with the fans but Bob Devaney would say, " Tom is doing a fine, fine job" and the fans would jump back in line. Tom was also a good man, contrast that with his hiring Bop who is simply insane. You may not like it but Tom Osborne also did the program no favors by hiring Bop. The two other Head Coaching hires never should have been made because the choices for AD after Bill Bryne were a farce. Yes good old Harvey Perlman has punked the Husker fans but good.

Paint me skeptical that things will change for the better soon in Lincoln as I have little faith in the Chancellor simply because history has a way of kicking all of me in the balls continuously for 16-17 years.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since 2014 Wisconsin is averaging 7.5 ypc on us, they’re doing so good