• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Game Day 10/7/17 Wscionsin Game

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
The most amazing thing happened tonight when Nebraska was driving against Wisconsin and deep into their territory in the first quarter, and that fucking dumbass Langscock calls a play that hasn't been working all season, a screen pass, and ?surprisingly? it turned into a pick six! At that moment I said Langy and west coast riley needed to get on the next train out of Lincoln after the game.

Tomhusker

The Original Husker+ Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 271.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that is just it, the badgers werent that great, but they fucking stuck to the run!!!!!!! it payed off in the long run.
The difference here is that they ran behind their oline against nebraska's defense, while nebraska ran behind their oline against Wisconsins defense.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference here is that they ran behind their oline against nebraska's defense, while nebraska ran behind their oline against Wisconsins defense.
Ozigbo was running well outside... and at least 2 yards per inside but they kept calling for pass on short yardage... we abandon the run when the shitty inside run didnt work for our line...

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Over reaction stat - after Nebraska got the pick 6 to tie at 17, Wisconsin ran on 28 of 30 plays.

blkflagmafia

BANG BANG BLACK FLAG GBR!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This shit show needs to end...

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m shocked, lol seriously tho fuck Riley, what an absolute shit show, thank you Sir May I have another year of this

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony in the 97 team watch an opponent to do Nebraska what they did back in the day.

We literally have to play perfect to win games...

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The irony in the 97 team watch an opponent to do Nebraska what they did back in the day.

We literally have to play perfect to win games...
I was thinking to myself last night if their gonna dress out like winners they better play like winners. We got good football out of the players well into the third quarter, after that it was like 16+ year old smoke and mirrors Nebraska was playing against a real smash mouth Wisconsin football team. Huskers ran out of smoke yet again and the mirrors broke.

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking to myself last night if their gonna dress out like winners they better play like winners. We got good football out of the players well into the third quarter, after that it was like 16+ year old smoke and mirrors Nebraska was playing against a real smash mouth Wisconsin football team. Huskers ran out of smoke yet again and the mirrors broke.

Wisky knew we would break...real teams close in 4th qtr i feel bad the 97 team keeps getting front row seats to this. Happen 2007

HuskerPower52

The Dirty sponge
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell did we do to deserve this? Nebraska where "the only thing we have" has been shit for 15 years. I mean when I was younger I remember hearing about Alabama and how they used to dominate and how their fans wanted so bad to win and the program was dog shit and now they are back on top.

Honestly I don't have any clue how to handle this situation. IMPO I would keep Riley through the 2018 season hopefully his recruiting then MR rides off in the sunset and Frost walks in with a full cupboard of talent and we start kicking ass in 19.... fuck that is a long time

naw just get frost here asap

blkflagmafia

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What the hell did we do to deserve this? Nebraska where "the only thing we have" has been shit for 15 years. I mean when I was younger I remember hearing about Alabama and how they used to dominate and how their fans wanted so bad to win and the program was dog shit and now they are back on top.

Honestly I don't have any clue how to handle this situation. IMPO I would keep Riley through the 2018 season hopefully his recruiting then MR rides off in the sunset and Frost walks in with a full cupboard of talent and we start kicking ass in 19.... fuck that is a long time

Problem is riley not getting the trenches fix
Can't win the big ten if you cant win the battle in the trenches
2018 schedule adds msu with still osu n wisky. I dont see mike having a winning year this year or next unless alot of things improve

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem in the Frost scenario is a). Would he even want to come here with it's harder to recruit and fan expectations. b). Frost may get high paying offers from SEC or somewhere else if not offered a job here this year.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our defense just doesn't have any great play makers. no one getting off blocks and making plays. it's as simple as looking at Wiscy, we are simply a worst version of them right now. our o-line isn't as good (especially not as good at holding onto defenders and sustaining blocks) and our defense just isn't as quick and physical as their defense. just rewind and watch some of the 3rd and 4th Q, we were running the same plays as wiscy and their defenders are getting off blocks and making plays.

maybe i'll grab some video and post it.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think the biggest problem is our murderess 2018 schedule. i'd rather keep Riley, let him get through that, then feed a new head coach to it and have that coach start in the pits right from the beginning.

tometom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,219.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, offensively, i didn't find it as bad as some of you guys. i though Wiscy really tightened the screws on the run game in the 2nd half, taking away the stuff that was there in the first half. then our receivers not getting enough separation, of course the real handsy and physical play from the Wiscy secondary doesn't help. protection was way better than i expected, Lee had time to throw and i thought made some great throws, but there were some really bad play designs where i just didn't think it gave our WRs chances to get open.

do you ever feel like, our coaches are trying to play by the rules, where as other coaches are skirting the rules as much as possible and only back off when the refs start calling it? take last night, the wiscy o-line play involves a lot of holding, it wasn't getting called, so it's a win-win for them. our o-line play doesn't seem to have that. similarly on the other side, their DBs are real aggressive, real handsy down the field and the refs aren't calling it, so it's a win for them, where as our DBs don't do that. Similarly on "rub" routes, i absolutely hate "rub" routes and feel that they should be called like 100% of the time, but if the refs aren't calling them, why aren't we running them?

it'sHuskers4me

New Era Huskers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Similarly on "rub" routes, i absolutely hate "rub" routes and feel that they should be called like 100% of the time, but if the refs aren't calling them, why aren't we running them?
Lansdorf is up in the booth playing eeny meeny miny moe. No offense to @BigRedMoe

Exorbitant

An image back in time
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I only see one more win tops this season the way Riley is coaching. Hey Riley, call some more screen plays, you know the play that's great for pick sixes!!! LMAO!