• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #19 Eagles vs Patriots Super Bowl LII 2/4/2018

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed but head shots like that should not be allowed on any player.

He was comatose.
I so agree. I don't think any forceable hit should be allowed outside the box. If you can't tackle the guy you have to accept he is better than you. All teams would play by the same rules so disadvantages would be equal.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before.............two playoff games in a row, the Patriots have lost a critical offensive player due to a concussion. Both were unnecessary blows to the head. While Cooks was on the ground, both benches were warned by the Ref that any more hits to the head would result in ejection. After Cooks left the field and play resumed, no more direct head shots.

During the owners meetings this upcoming year, there will be a discussion and possibly a vote on a one year suspension to any player who delivers a shot to the head that results in a concussion to the other player.
My guess is that Robert Kraft will certainly let the other 31 owners know exactly how he feels about it. He was livid in the Owner's Box after Cooks went down.

Odd isn't it, that the one guy that had caught 5 passes is the guy that gats knocked unconcious by a "legal" hit.

TP76

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Especially if we're talking about the whole game. As it turns out, all we needed was one stop by the D

Very strange.

The benching seemed ... personal. Well, Butler won't be back, that much is clear.

Pity, he was one of a precious few Corners Belichick was able to develop. Perhaps the issue is the CB position and Belichick himself.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said before.............two playoff games in a row, the Patriots have lost a critical offensive player due to a concussion. Both were unnecessary blows to the head. While Cooks was on the ground, both benches were warned by the Ref that any more hits to the head would result in ejection. After Cooks left the field and play resumed, no more direct head shots.

During the owners meetings this upcoming year, there will be a discussion and possibly a vote on a one year suspension to any player who delivers a shot to the head that results in a concussion to the other player.
My guess is that Robert Kraft will certainly let the other 31 owners know exactly how he feels about it. He was livid in the Owner's Box after Cooks went down.

Odd isn't it, that the one guy that had caught 5 passes is the guy that gats knocked unconcious by a "legal" hit.

I don't believe this to be true.

The refs never flagged Jenkins for the hit, why would they warn the benches?

Sounds like an excuse to me.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners voting to unilaterally shit on the CBA and hand out punishments 8X longer than any ever given out for on-field incidents before would be pretty unprecedented, too.

That said, it seems kind of absurd to hear them talk out one side of their mouths about player safety but allow a hit like that because the player's a runner instead of a receiver...he was pretty defenseless against that hit.

But let them see if they can decide what a catch is first before they move onto those sorts of things.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owners voting to unilaterally shit on the CBA and hand out punishments 8X longer than any ever given out for on-field incidents before would be pretty unprecedented, too.

That said, it seems kind of absurd to hear them talk out one side of their mouths about player safety but allow a hit like that because the player's a runner instead of a receiver...he was pretty defenseless against that hit.

But let them see if they can decide what a catch is first before they move onto those sorts of things.
The whole catch thing is blown out of proportion. Ever since the Dez Bryant catch the precedent was set. Sorry if folks can't get the concept of a receiver transitioning into a runner and a receiver needing to survive the ground but not a runner...

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At that point he was no longer a defenseless receiver so laying him out wouldn't draw a penalty. I wouldn't have called it a dirty hit just a football play the resulting injury sucked but the defense cost the Pat's the game not losing Cook.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be the stupidest rule in the NFL if they suspended players for a year for a hit to the head. 1) The game is played at a speed that unfortunately hits to the head just happen. 2) How often do we see a receiver get knocked out because at the last second they lower their head to try and protect themselves resulting in them getting knocked out/concussed? 3) There is no way the NFL could pass such a rule at this time. It would have to be discussed at the next CBA.

The hit was legal and I don't think there was anything dirty about it. Cooks is a smaller receiver and he turned right into the defender. It was a bang/bang type play and unfortunately resulted in him having to leave the game.

Now the one thing I do think the NFL should look at is the work on the sideline done with Patrick Chung. Players were indicating he was knocked unconscious yet he is back just a few plays later after a quick exam in the tent? And then gets concussed later in the game. No he was concussed before that hit later. Terrible work by the doctors on the sideline.

nefansince75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be the stupidest rule in the NFL if they suspended players for a year for a hit to the head. 1) The game is played at a speed that unfortunately hits to the head just happen. 2) How often do we see a receiver get knocked out because at the last second they lower their head to try and protect themselves resulting in them getting knocked out/concussed? 3) There is no way the NFL could pass such a rule at this time. It would have to be discussed at the next CBA.

The hit was legal and I don't think there was anything dirty about it. Cooks is a smaller receiver and he turned right into the defender. It was a bang/bang type play and unfortunately resulted in him having to leave the game.

Now the one thing I do think the NFL should look at is the work on the sideline done with Patrick Chung. Players were indicating he was knocked unconscious yet he is back just a few plays later after a quick exam in the tent? And then gets concussed later in the game. No he was concussed before that hit later. Terrible work by the doctors on the sideline.
I do not recall Chung with anything other than a minor leg issue.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if the video showed up or not in that last response. For some reason the Hoop and my browser have not gotten along for over a week. Anyway there is a play where Ajaye is running and Chung comes to tackle him and ends up colliding with a teammate. He lays on the ground motionless. Ajayi looks over at the sideline and does a hand motion that Chung is out cold. He comes to and they take him over to the blue tent to be evaluated. He comes back just a few plays later. Later in the game he is hit again and then goes out I think for the rest of the game with a concussion.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you live up in this area, there have been hundreds of complaints about ba non-call on the last play of the game. Patriots WRs and TE were all running like hell to the end zone. About halfway there, a Philadelphia defensive player (31?) runs over pushes Chris Hogan and almost knocks him off his feet, Even CBS is saying that the officials missed a wide open PI or worse, ignored it. There should have been a penalty at the point of the infraction. It's available to watch on CBS Sorts.com And there's a headline about the call being missed.

I think that they just ignored it. They didn't want to make a call at the very end of the game..............and give Brady another shot at the end zone from 25 yards away.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badmossi makes that tackle on 3rd down, and maybe Philly punts and not score a TD. This defense was fucking terrible. They make 2 more stops, they win the game. They stop them on 3rd, and Philly completes it on the 4th down. That Philly offense straight up punked the Pats defense. The Pats DL got their balls rammed down their throat, and when they did make a play, they got dragged for 3 yards by Blount an Co....What a terrible game across the board. BB switched Gillmore onto Jeffery AFTER he did his damage. This peal and stick defense finally broke. Not sure Butler changes the outcome, but I know damn well he is better tackler than Badmossi, Richards combined.....Jordan Richards would not be in the NFL today for any other team, yet he is out there in the biggest game of the season getting embarrassed. I could go on for ever......I'm still convinced that was illegal formation on Foles TD catch, but the Pats should have hit the shit out him and not let him dance his way into the endzone.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It really crosses a couple lines within the current regs. Runner vs receiver, leading with the crown of the helmet ie. Spearing...

Make it if you use your helmet to daze a player enough you are off the field as long as that player is. Starting with the next play. If the dazed player can't return you're immediately sent to the showers. If he misses two weeks so do you. All the same rules apply as far as practice while the dazed player is in protocol. 2nd or 3rd offenses get additional weeks added on.

It's not difficult to eliminate this if they really want to?

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Badmossi makes that tackle on 3rd down, and maybe Philly punts and not score a TD. This defense was fucking terrible. They make 2 more stops, they win the game. They stop them on 3rd, and Philly completes it on the 4th down. That Philly offense straight up punked the Pats defense. The Pats DL got their balls rammed down their throat, and when they did make a play, they got dragged for 3 yards by Blount an Co....What a terrible game across the board. BB switched Gillmore onto Jeffery AFTER he did his damage. This peal and stick defense finally broke. Not sure Butler changes the outcome, but I know damn well he is better tackler than Badmossi, Richards combined.....Jordan Richards would not be in the NFL today for any other team, yet he is out there in the biggest game of the season getting embarrassed. I could go on for ever......I'm still convinced that was illegal formation on Foles TD catch, but the Pats should have hit the shit out him and not let him dance his way into the endzone.

Lee bit inside instead of staying with Foles. Foles played him like a fiddle. Fokes hesitated just long enough, once Lee bit Foles strolled into the EZ:mad2:
If Lee stayed with Foles Philly turns the ball over on downs.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lee bit inside instead of staying with Foles. Foles played him like a fiddle. Fokes hesitated just long enough, once Lee bit Foles strolled into the EZ:mad2:
If Lee stayed with Foles Philly turns the ball over on downs.

Yeah but he had no idea. It was a great play as I am sure the Eagles didn't run that once all year. Once that flip went to Burton, it was over. Lee thought run, not pass to Foles. Still I would have knocked the shit out of him. He is not a QB anymore. Jack em up, maybe rattle him a little. I don't think anyone saw it coming.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but he had no idea. It was a great play as I am sure the Eagles didn't run that once all year. Once that flip went to Burton, it was over. Lee thought run, not pass to Foles. Still I would have knocked the shit out of him. He is not a QB anymore. Jack em up, maybe rattle him a little. I don't think anyone saw it coming.
Do your job. Lee has outside containment on that play.

Great trick play, it worked.

NE had a great trick play as well, no one expected it. TB had a 20 yard buffer zone.

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you live up in this area, there have been hundreds of complaints about ba non-call on the last play of the game. Patriots WRs and TE were all running like hell to the end zone. About halfway there, a Philadelphia defensive player (31?) runs over pushes Chris Hogan and almost knocks him off his feet, Even CBS is saying that the officials missed a wide open PI or worse, ignored it. There should have been a penalty at the point of the infraction. It's available to watch on CBS Sorts.com And there's a headline about the call being missed.

I think that they just ignored it. They didn't want to make a call at the very end of the game..............and give Brady another shot at the end zone from 25 yards away.

Not that it's right but they rarely make a PI call on a hail mary.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that it's right but they rarely make a PI call on a hail mary.
I agree. But this one was flagrant and really shouldn't have been ignored. If this had been done in the middle of the game there would have been four flags on the ground.