• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game #14 - Sugar Bowl, VT vs. Michigan

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel bad for Danny Coale because come September, he's going to be lighting it up in the NFL and people are going to be saying "Holy Shit! He fell THAT far in the draft?"

h-hour

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If you score on the first play, they have 1:20 left with a potent offense (we stopped them but it is still potent) I agree with the run call on 1st to drain some time, but then we should have started throwing more. slants and crossing routes to let our guys try and make a play. Once we got to OT the play calling was poor.
Our play calling is always exposed against good teams because we can overcome weaker teams despite it. We have 2 WRs that are 6'4" 225+ and we didn't throw any fades or chances for them to make plays in the endzone aside the 2pt conversion and that was LT, not the play design.

Yeah, I mean I was fine with salting away some clock with the first down run. 2nd and 3rd down had me scratching my head though. Im willing to take my chances and score a td to go up by 4 and give Michigan the ball with approximately one minute to drive the field and have to score a TD rather than go to overtime. But thats just me.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't feel bad for Danny Coale because come September, he's going to be lighting it up in the NFL and people are going to be saying "Holy Shit! He fell THAT far in the draft?"

Maybe someone in the NFL will realize you need to cover whitey

Hokie200proof

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol, they are still trying to figure out how to cover Jordy Nelson.

That mfer.... Dude I played in FFL playoffs had him in week 16. All I needed was Nelson NOT to score twice. I thought I was safe and then BOMB. One score. Then, up by 1-fucking-7 the packers PASS to fucking Nelson for a two yard score. Is Kilmer from Varsity Blues coaching that team? Fucking run it it you pricks.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
catch.gif

I have been sitting here watching this for a long time. That was an incredible play.

VT_Football_Fan

Be strong.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Coleman said we had 9 RedZone plays in the first half. All run.

WTF.

jeffro151

Supervisor
Hoopla Cash
$ 34,232.13
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That mfer.... Dude I played in FFL playoffs had him in week 16. All I needed was Nelson NOT to score twice. I thought I was safe and then BOMB. One score. Then, up by 1-fucking-7 the packers PASS to fucking Nelson for a two yard score. Is Kilmer from Varsity Blues coaching that team? Fucking run it it you pricks.

lol, I picked him up off waivers in week 2 or 3. He was awesome this season. He helped me get off to a 7-1 start, only to lose out the rest of the way due to injuries (Fred Jackson, Adrian Peterson, Roethlisberger)

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Chris Coleman said we had 9 RedZone plays in the first half. All run.

WTF.

If they wanted the running game to work better, they needed to trust the passing game a little more.

That's the way it works, and there was no reason not to.

What's unfortunate is that the strategy was really good, but Va Tech was foiled by a few lucky breaks for Michigan, and a major blunder on the fake punt. I mean, Beamer is conservative all his life, and he suddenly takes a risk on THAT PLAY? WTF is right.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think it's worth saying that the Virginia Tech fans in New Orleans represented the team well.

There were plenty of Hokies on Bourbon Street, and they held their own in the stadium as well. The stadium was LOUD when VT was playing defense. It seemed that the Michigan fans were surprised that they weren't dominating the place.

I was happy that the Hokies didn't appear to be significantly outnumbered, which would have been yet one more grounds for criticism from the press.

The Michigan fans and VT fans seemed to get along well, and the couple beside me was a mixed couple: VT and Michigan.

I know we're scheduled to play Ohio State, but I'd like to see more VT-Michigan games.

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought this was a pretty good post from JJM, and since he was giving props, figured I'd share.

http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/...wl-he-probably-feels-like-shit-right-now.html

I've never seen a game that really puts everything more into perspective really.

First off, almost everyone (media, fans, etc) said that Nebraska got beat so badly by Michigan due to the fact that we didn't have big physical LBs and what not......and we're not ready to play BIG style football.

Look at Virginia Tech. They're no bigger than we are. But if you watched the game tonight, you saw a VT team that played disciplined assignment football on defense. This VT team was in no different of a position than we were heading into that game...........they had to stop a speedy QB, and a decent running game in general. They did it, and with the exception of a few bad bounces, they probably should have won the game.

This game puts a lot into perspective. We are not at the level of Michigan or Va Tech.........and those teams are not at the level of the Oregon's and LSU's and Alabama's..............which means we're just basically a team who takes the field on Saturdays, and that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator: