• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Cousins, time to move on

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great reply. However - I take exception with your take that "The OL has been horrendous thus far.". In the Eagles game - Yes & perhaps at times yesterday. However - the line was outstanding several times yesterday especially with the running game. They flat out ran over some people at times & blew open a huge hole on that long TD run by Thompson. I am not really worried about this unit. They had one bad game. It is amusing how in this era people overreact so much based on one or two games.

I should have said horrendous in pass blocking, their supposed strength.

They were truly dominant in run blocking.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mike Glennon was offered 18 million per with no experience and no success. KC in two years has thrown for 9k yards, turned a 3 win team into division champs, and had two winning seasons for a team that hasn't done that in over twenty years.

Glennon went from making 1.5 mil last season to 15 mil this season sitting his ass on the bench.

KC was already guaranteed 24 million and we decided offering him only 52 million was sufficient.

Right, I agree we didn't offer him enough to sign here, it was a low ball deal. I was referring to Kevin12773's post about "just paying him 22-24 million and then improve the rest of the squad". We tried doing that with the 52 million guaranteed over 3 years or something to that affect and he turned it down because he wanted, I assume, 90 million guaranteed. My point was it wasn't as simple as Kevin12773 suggested, that's all.

We can all agree that this deal should have gotten done last year, maybe even two years ago. Though my opinion on that was the sample size was just too small to sign him long term two years ago, but last year we definitely should have signed him.

Now so far this year, I haven't been too impressed, but we are 1-1, lets see how we do against the raiders and chiefs in the coming weeks.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, I agree we didn't offer him enough to sign here, it was a low ball deal. I was referring to Kevin12773's post about "just paying him 22-24 million and then improve the rest of the squad". We tried doing that with the 52 million guaranteed over 3 years or something to that affect and he turned it down because he wanted, I assume, 90 million guaranteed. My point was it wasn't as simple as Kevin12773 suggested, that's all.

We can all agree that this deal should have gotten done last year, maybe even two years ago. Though my opinion on that was the sample size was just too small to sign him long term two years ago, but last year we definitely should have signed him.

Now so far this year, I haven't been too impressed, but we are 1-1, lets see how we do against the raiders and chiefs in the coming weeks.

Except the guaranteed money was a joke. They were going to give a veteran one year of guaranteed money. He was already signed to 24 million. No veteran QB would take that deal.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We tried doing that with the 52 million guaranteed over 3 years or something to that affect and he turned it down because he wanted, I assume, 90 million guaranteed. My point was it wasn't as simple as Kevin12773 suggested, that's all.

The actual deal was $125 MIllion with $52 million Fully guaranteed over six years (including this one).

Now why that deal sucked is because he was already signed for this year at $24 million, and at minimum it will cost them $28M to transition tag him or $35M to franchise him next year.

So in effect,

$24M + $28M = $52M

So they were trying to get him to sign a six year deal where they could easily bail after year two. And to be totally honest, they could bail after this year and split the other $28M over two years. Great for the team, lousy for Cousins because it was only long term if the Skins decided they wanted to keep him, but if Bruce got a wild hair he could get out of the deal for $14M a year over the next two.

Crazy you say?? Sure unless you also remember we paid $10M in 2015 for our last QB to not even suite up for 15 out of 16 games.

So again the money is only an issue IF you have already determined you dont in fact want to keep the player. If they really wanted to keep Kirk, I think something along the line of $75M fully guaranteed, and $95 total for injury only would have gotten it done.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor baby. Only got himself $24 million to not win a playoff game, not be able to move past the boneheaded plays that prevent him from getting a multi-year deal, and not surrounded by some of his favorite bosses and weapons. Life must suck for KC. Maybe we should make sure KC is in the right mental frame of mind by offering him another free pass for his sub-par play this week? Certainly, we shouldn't expect KC to suck it up and play like a franchise qb yet. I mean, he lost his offensive coordinator for fuck's sake!!

Let's try the other side of the coin for a second, mmmmmkay? Let's look at all that KC DOES have going for him:

a huge 1,000yd wr.
a gifted pass catching te and depth behind him
an undisputed top 10 Oline with depth
a "quarterbacks" head coach.
depth at rb that are at the least, average
a fantastic slot wr (crowder) who is too fast to be covered by lbs, and too shifty to be covered by many dbs
no qb competition
and now, at the very least, a defense that is not swiss cheese.

I'd say that life is pretty damn good for KC right now. I'd say that he ought to thank his lucky fucking stars for being with the redskins, and that there aren't that many other teams that can say the same.

I'd say that KC needs to preform better.

Let us not forget Chris Thompson who's playing lights out right now. Dude is a nightmare match up problem for any defense.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely. This was a team win and the way it should be. All facets stepped up when they were needed. That's why this talk all off season about KC winning or losing games was stupid.

well thats true

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are bitching about Cousin's today then your really not a Redskin football fan. You are an ignoramus who just wants to be right.

Gruden said the game plan was run heavy because the Rams have a very active (pass rush) but small DL. You can watch every player, every game and find things wrong. This is a TEAM game. You win as a team and you lose as a team.

I mean maaaybe if youre bitching. Maybe.

But he wasnt good. He was fine. Good enough to beat the rams given the circumstances. That doesnt have to equate to being happy with how he played.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So does this mean that wins as well as losses will be a referendum on Cousins every week? If so, it's going to be a loooonnggg season :drink:

Yes. His play will always be up for debate. And thats more than fair.

His play should dictate how we talk about him not whether we won or lost.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dammit....I'm already dredding the posts that will appear here if Oakland comes in and handles us. I need Therapy!!!:D

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though what you say is bullshit. Lets say everything you say above is true. So what? Joe Montana and Tom Brady, two of the greatest QBs in NFL history have gotten to the place where they are at by throwing short passes that allowed pass catchers to continue running after the catch.

It seems some of us refuse to be happy with a win, a great team win I might add. Unless the Redskins win in the way they deem appropriate.

I dont mind this actually. Process over results IMO.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is my question to the ABC's. What QB can carry the team all by himself? I don't think their is one. Brady is the closest but he has bad games and cannot always overcome poor play by his defense or running game.

Rodgers is the closest. That GB team was pretty bad last year and he almost dragged them to the Super Bowl.

Obviously you need at least SOME other talent on the roster, but Rodgers can cover up a lot.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reading a post like this it is quite obvious that you actually want Cousins to fail. Pretty sad. Jeez - they just won the freaking game - can you give it a rest for a minute? I guess that some supposed Redskins fans are only happy when the team is run in the manner that they see fit & with the type of players that they like. For me - I root for the team regardless.

Was I mad with Cousins at times on Sun? Absolutely. However - I will give him credit for when he did well & that incudes the game winning TD. I like him because he plays for the Redskins (just like I liked RG3 in 2012). If he goes elsewhere I won't really care about him. HTTR

Dude disagrees with your POV so he wants Cousins to fail?

Riiiiiiiight...

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. His play will always be up for debate. And thats more than fair.

His play should dictate how we talk about him not whether we won or lost.

I think it is more than fair to critique him as long as whoever is doing that includes the entire team mistakes. I think most of us who would like to see him here for a few years get upset when all people see is his mistakes. It is a TEAM game. CT dropping one pass by itself is not fair, Cousin's missing one pass is not fair and neither is a true barometer of their entire game.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor baby. Only got himself $24 million to not win a playoff game, not be able to move past the boneheaded plays that prevent him from getting a multi-year deal, and not surrounded by some of his favorite bosses and weapons. Life must suck for KC. Maybe we should make sure KC is in the right mental frame of mind by offering him another free pass for his sub-par play this week? Certainly, we shouldn't expect KC to suck it up and play like a franchise qb yet. I mean, he lost his offensive coordinator for fuck's sake!!

Let's try the other side of the coin for a second, mmmmmkay? Let's look at all that KC DOES have going for him:

a huge 1,000yd wr.
a gifted pass catching te and depth behind him
an undisputed top 10 Oline with depth
a "quarterbacks" head coach.
depth at rb that are at the least, average
a fantastic slot wr (crowder) who is too fast to be covered by lbs, and too shifty to be covered by many dbs
no qb competition
and now, at the very least, a defense that is not swiss cheese.

I'd say that life is pretty damn good for KC right now. I'd say that he ought to thank his lucky fucking stars for being with the redskins, and that there aren't that many other teams that can say the same.

I'd say that KC needs to preform better.

Yup. Certainly doesnt invalidate anything he does but Cousins has been in a pretty nice situation these past few years.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC this...KC that.... if Glennon and Osweiler get 18 mil per season it is the going rate. Pay the man 22-24 mil and improve the rest of the squad. He's the least of the issues

And those Glennon and Osweiler contracts are AWWWWWFUL.

But, "The market", is not a good reason to pay him.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rodgers is the closest. That GB team was pretty bad last year and he almost dragged them to the Super Bowl.

Obviously you need at least SOME other talent on the roster, but Rodgers can cover up a lot.

Totally agree with this, however, I believe that the point being made ad nauseum is that there's going to be a huge party in all of Wisconsin when Rogers signs a new contract valued at (given the point of contention here) somewhere between 15 and 24 Million per:eek:

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more than fair to critique him as long as whoever is doing that includes the entire team mistakes. I think most of us who would like to see him here for a few years get upset when all people see is his mistakes. It is a TEAM game. CT dropping one pass by itself is not fair, Cousin's missing one pass is not fair and neither is a true barometer of their entire game.

I mostly agree. Cousins is the QB. By nature we are just going to talk about him more. I dont think that means we arent critical of other players too. Cousins is also the most important player and the one whos future is most up in the air.

So yes we should be critical of everybody when they play poorly and praise them when they play well but...well youre on this board. You know who will be the center of conversation.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Totally agree with this, however, I believe that the point being made ad nauseum is that there goi g to be a huge party in all of Wisconsin when Rogers signs a new contract valued at (given the point of contention here) somewhere between 15 and 24 Million per:eek:

Id be pretty surprised by that but if it happens oh well. We all know hes the best, no point in worrying what he makes.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those Glennon and Osweiler contracts are AWWWWWFUL.

But, "The market", is not a good reason to pay him.

The slim chance that we will be able to draft the next Rogers/Brady/Manning without getting butt raped in another bone headed trade is not a good reason NOT to pay him either.