• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fuck Cousins, time to move on

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Despite what the clowns on this message board drool onto their keyboards, THIS is exactly my point.

well said.

NP. Agree. Except for some of the game yesterday Cousins has not played good thus far. I have no issue w/ folks making that pt. My problem was last week when people were ready to give up on him & already making QB plans for next year's draft. Put up or shut up time for this team & Cousins with some pretty stiff completion over the next few months.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's try the other side of the coin for a second, mmmmmkay? Let's look at all that KC DOES have going for him:

a huge 1,000yd wr.

I'd say that KC needs to preform better.

You make some really good pts. However - until proven differently - I would take some exception to this pt. Thus far Pryor has pretty much shown to have poor hands & it has been costly. He is going to have to step it up to be considered a true elite WR & get the long term money he desires. Perhaps this just a matter of getting used to the team & Cousins - hope so.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC this...KC that.... if Glennon and Osweiler get 18 mil per season it is the going rate. Pay the man 22-24 mil and improve the rest of the squad. He's the least of the issues

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NP. Agree. Except for some of the game yesterday Cousins has not played good thus far. I have no issue w/ folks making that pt. My problem was last week when people were ready to give up on him & already making QB plans for next year's draft. Put up or shut up time for this team & Cousins with some pretty stiff completion over the next few months.

Some folks had their minds made up on Cousins from the moment he was named the starter. And I get the feeling their opinion of him has never changed. Its not a question of if we need to replace him, just when.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some folks had their minds made up on Cousins from the moment he was named the starter. And I get the feeling their opinion of him has never changed. Its not a question of if we need to replace him, just when.

Yep. If that is true then the hell with them. If you are a fan you root for the team unconditionally. You don't root for them only if a certain guy plays QB (or any position) or if the team is run only in the manner in which you see fit. I am rooting for Cousins, but if say he plays like he did in the Eagles game (& parts of Sun) then I don't have a problem with them going in another direction next season. It is way too early to determine any of this.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC this...KC that.... if Glennon and Osweiler get 18 mil per season it is the going rate. Pay the man 22-24 mil and improve the rest of the squad. He's the least of the issues
Problem with your statement is, we did offer him that, he turned it down. Now what do you suggest?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with your statement is, we did offer him that, he turned it down. Now what do you suggest?

Actually when the going rate was $18M per year, we offered him $12-15
When the going rate was $20M per year, we offered him $16-18M per year.
This year, when the going rate was $25-27M per year, we offered him $24M on what amounted to a two year deal from his side

And if he performs this year, next year when the going rate is $29-33M per year, I expect the Redskins to try and lowball or short deal him once again.

The problem remains the same, the Redskins need Cousins to try and win now, but they dont want him long term unless its for about 20% less than the going rate for a starting level QB long term. Thats not going to change, and will likely be the excuse of choice as to why we had no choice but to trade up and draft one of these stud rookies next year.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's laughable.

I'm pretty sure that my football knowledge is at least as passable as yours, and definitely above average compared to some of the other idiots posting here.

Tell me, Mr. Walsh, did the redskins have a good game plan for the Eagles too? Did KC execute that game plan well?

oops.

The Redskins had a good enough game plan for the Eagles. They did not execute. You can blame Cousin's for the pick. But I didn't see where you blamed Reed for the hold on what could have been a TD pass, Pryor for dropping several passes and a horrible game by the Oline.

If you understand football you understand their were team wide breakdowns on offense. If you are a fan you blame the QB because you do not understand any other part of the game.

So you are partially correct, Cousin's was not great ... but either were his receivers or offensive line. You somehow forgot the part after Cousin's. You also did not note that although the D played fairly well they did not get off the field on 3rd and long again.

All these things I just said are just basics of the game. I did not talk about scheme etc. Really any fan with a working knowledge of the game should be able to see these things. :noidea:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one that bounced off of CT's hands was thrown without much touch. It was rifled into CT, and not a particularly easy ball to catch. Should CT have caught it? Absolutely! He looked upfield before securing the ball. Put let's not pretend that KC was sharp with his placement, accuracy, and touch. He hasn't been sharp yet this year.

CT said he should have had it made Cousin's look bad on that play. Maybe you know more than him.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would suggest Cousin's play the best he can. I think at best it is 50/50 that he is here next year. He knew the risk he took.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one that bounced off of CT's hands was thrown without much touch. It was rifled into CT, and not a particularly easy ball to catch. Should CT have caught it? Absolutely! He looked upfield before securing the ball. Put let's not pretend that KC was sharp with his placement, accuracy, and touch. He hasn't been sharp yet this year.

Did you really just say he threw it too hard?

Poor baby. Only got himself $24 million to not win a playoff game, not be able to move past the boneheaded plays that prevent him from getting a multi-year deal, and not surrounded by some of his favorite bosses and weapons. Life must suck for KC. Maybe we should make sure KC is in the right mental frame of mind by offering him another free pass for his sub-par play this week? Certainly, we shouldn't expect KC to suck it up and play like a franchise qb yet. I mean, he lost his offensive coordinator for fuck's sake!!

Let's try the other side of the coin for a second, mmmmmkay? Let's look at all that KC DOES have going for him:

a huge 1,000yd wr.
a gifted pass catching te and depth behind him
an undisputed top 10 Oline with depth
a "quarterbacks" head coach.
depth at rb that are at the least, average
a fantastic slot wr (crowder) who is too fast to be covered by lbs, and too shifty to be covered by many dbs
no qb competition
and now, at the very least, a defense that is not swiss cheese.

I'd say that life is pretty damn good for KC right now. I'd say that he ought to thank his lucky fucking stars for being with the redskins, and that there aren't that many other teams that can say the same.

Had BA had half a brain, KC would have been under a LT contract two years ago like SM wanted and the guaranteed money would already be paid for and the salary would be far lower. Then maybe you guys wouldn't bitch about KC making the going rate.

So far, the huge first round WR, that I think will actually be pretty good, is leading the NFL in drops I believe.

The gifted pass catching TE has a broken toe and it is obvious in his play. He also can't block.

The OL has been horrendous thus far. I agree it is better than it is playing.

Is Gruden a QBs head coach? What makes him one?

RBs average? You are kidding right?

Love me some JC?

Defense has been good.

I havent seen anybody dispute KC needs to play better, as does the OL, the WRs, and our STs.

Carr carries the raiders by himself, or at least he did last year.
Rodgers carries the team by himself.
Russel Wilson carries the team by himself.
Brady can carry the team by himself, but he doesnt have to because Belicheck is a fucking jedi.
Brees carries the team by himself.
Flacco carries the team by himself (won a superbowl, he did. No running game for the 2-0 ravens)
Luck, when healthy carries the team by himself.
Stafford definitely carries the team by himself.

Carr last year for sure, Rodgers, Brees, Stafford, Wilson are definites
Brady and Luck are definites too.
Flacco has carried the team by himself to a super bowl.

That's 1/3 of the league.

Carr does it by himself? He has a higher rated OL, better WRs, and a Khalil Mack. Please dude.

Rodgers doesn't get help? He has better WRs and a better defense.

Wilson? I won't even give you the respect to answer. Yes I will to ensure you know how they win. DEFENSE

Can Brady? He must have a pretty good team around him. Cassell wins 11 in his absence but is 25-40 off that team. Last year with Garappolo and Brissett, both first time starters, NE was 3-1. That is what a team is.

Brees carries the team to 7 wins.

Flacco? Flacco's defense is allowing 5 PPG and are the third best rushing team in football after two games.

I have shown in another post where the Colts did better with Hasselback over Luck. No that doesn't mean I think Hasselback is better but I do think Luck carrying them is BS.

Stafford has carried his team to mediocrity like few #1 overall picks. The Lions have a solid defense and good weapons.

Please don't bother responding because I know it will be bullshit.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Poor baby. Only got himself $24 million to not win a playoff game, not be able to move past the boneheaded plays that prevent him from getting a multi-year deal, and not surrounded by some of his favorite bosses and weapons. Life must suck for KC. Maybe we should make sure KC is in the right mental frame of mind by offering him another free pass for his sub-par play this week? Certainly, we shouldn't expect KC to suck it up and play like a franchise qb yet. I mean, he lost his offensive coordinator for fuck's sake!!

a huge 1,000yd wr.
a gifted pass catching te and depth behind him
an undisputed top 10 Oline with depth
a "quarterbacks" head coach.
depth at rb that are at the least, average
a fantastic slot wr (crowder) who is too fast to be covered by lbs, and too shifty to be covered by many dbs
no qb competition
and now, at the very least, a defense that is not swiss cheese.

I'd say that life is pretty damn good for KC right now. I'd say that he ought to thank his lucky fucking stars for being with the redskins, and that there aren't that many other teams that can say the same.

You keep raising the point of $24M. If KC was only making $15M, would you be happy with his performance? What difference does what he is paid make? I don't car who the starter is or what he is paid. He is an NFL QB and you should expect the performance level to be there. Should Dak get a pass for a bad game last week just because he earns a fraction of most QBs?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep raising the point of $24M. If KC was only making $15M, would you be happy with his performance? What difference does what he is paid make? I don't car who the starter is or what he is paid. He is an NFL QB and you should expect the performance level to be there. Should Dak get a pass for a bad game last week just because he earns a fraction of most QBs?

We all know, the money factor is being used as a reason why he shouldnt be signed long term. He is too expensive and not worth the money, thus we should move in a different direction at the position.

Does Cousins need top perform better? Yes.

What he is being paid shouldnt factor in, because the reality is the money we dont pay him is no guarantee we will use that cap space to improve in other areas. We have played the fantasy football roster building game in Free Agency before... it failed spectacularly.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a lot of people bring up the giants free agency spending spree from last season so far last season they are 0-2 so free agency isnt the panacea its made out to be

and any long term fan of the team knows we dont even hit on half of our FA signings

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Glennon was offered 18 million per with no experience and no success. KC in two years has thrown for 9k yards, turned a 3 win team into division champs, and had two winning seasons for a team that hasn't done that in over twenty years.

Glennon went from making 1.5 mil last season to 15 mil this season sitting his ass on the bench.

KC was already guaranteed 24 million and we decided offering him only 52 million was sufficient.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to the Redskins and the win on sunday. McVay expected a heavy dose of Cousins and Gruden decided to pound the rock/run the ball.

I still like the direction the Rams are headed. Young, talented, and building something. Most hope I have seen out of this franchise in 15+ years.

Many more weeks of football ahead

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kudos to the Redskins and the win on sunday. McVay expected a heavy dose of Cousins and Gruden decided to pound the rock/run the ball.

I still like the direction the Rams are headed. Young, talented, and building something. Most hope I have seen out of this franchise in 15+ years.

Many more weeks of football ahead

I think most Redskin fans think highly of McVay and you have the DCoordinator I wanted a few years ago. Wish you well except when you play us. I think you have a good young coach.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you really just say he threw it too hard?

Had BA had half a brain, KC would have been under a LT contract two years ago like SM wanted and the guaranteed money would already be paid for and the salary would be far lower. Then maybe you guys wouldn't bitch about KC making the going rate.

So far, the huge first round WR, that I think will actually be pretty good, is leading the NFL in drops I believe.

The gifted pass catching TE has a broken toe and it is obvious in his play. He also can't block.

The OL has been horrendous thus far. I agree it is better than it is playing.

Is Gruden a QBs head coach? What makes him one?

RBs average? You are kidding right?

Love me some JC?

Defense has been good.

I havent seen anybody dispute KC needs to play better, as does the OL, the WRs, and our STs.

Carr does it by himself? He has a higher rated OL, better WRs, and a Khalil Mack. Please dude.

Rodgers doesn't get help? He has better WRs and a better defense.

Wilson? I won't even give you the respect to answer. Yes I will to ensure you know how they win. DEFENSE

Can Brady? He must have a pretty good team around him. Cassell wins 11 in his absence but is 25-40 off that team. Last year with Garappolo and Brissett, both first time starters, NE was 3-1. That is what a team is.

Brees carries the team to 7 wins.

Flacco? Flacco's defense is allowing 5 PPG and are the third best rushing team in football after two games.

I have shown in another post where the Colts did better with Hasselback over Luck. No that doesn't mean I think Hasselback is better but I do think Luck carrying them is BS.

Stafford has carried his team to mediocrity like few #1 overall picks. The Lions have a solid defense and good weapons.

Please don't bother responding because I know it will be bullshit.

Great reply. However - I take exception with your take that "The OL has been horrendous thus far.". In the Eagles game - Yes & perhaps at times yesterday. However - the line was outstanding several times yesterday especially with the running game. They flat out ran over some people at times & blew open a huge hole on that long TD run by Thompson. I am not really worried about this unit. They had one bad game. It is amusing how in this era people overreact so much based on one or two games.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great reply. However - I take exception with your take that "The OL has been horrendous thus far.". In the Eagles game - Yes & perhaps at times yesterday. However - the line was outstanding several times yesterday especially with the running game. They flat out ran over some people at times & blew open a huge hole on that long TD run by Thompson. I am not really worried about this unit. They had one bad game. It is amusing how in this era people overreact so much based on one or two games.

I blame Burger King and Dominos.

Everyone wants to have it your way in 30 minutes or less or its free. :D