• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fsu and clemson to the big 12

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am more and more convinced that the ACC is staying as is for the near future (next 5 years or so).

could be....hasnt been any good news for the big 12 lately........and the dude seems to be off a little from what others are saying right now

MattB4VT

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As long as fsu leaves, and takes another ACC team with them, I will be happy. The fact that it could be GT might even make it even more likely that VT will leave the all Carolina conference as well. Clemson definitely SHOULD leave, but who knowsif they will. If people making these decisions had balls, and stopped worrying about what people outside of their university would maybe say/think, then the big football names could and would go join the other big football names in the big boy conferences.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well boys the play-off is official,guess we will wait awhile and see what shakes out.......

some of the "insiders" posted that this time would be full of disinformation and then posted some opposite views.........still holding hope :)

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have heard zero on ND to the PAC. I think it is B1G, Big 12, ACC in that order of they do jump.

I really did not buy any of that talk, until Notre Dame dropped Michigan on the schedule. They say it is only for 2 years, but I dont know, these guys think Notre Dame-Michigan is done, and that was days ago.

The first thing they told me was Notre Dame would drop Michigan, though maybe they knew that and tried to spin a lie around a truth...

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be the final straw in this ridiculous rumor: Breaking down the new Orange Bowl agreement and what it means for ACC - Clemson Football News - TigerNet.com

Basically, since the ACC re-upped with the Orange Bowl and the BCS will cease to exist in 2014, the ACC now controls the rights to the Orange Bowl. In other words, the ACC now has the ability to sell the game to the highest bidder. This will eliminate the BCS as the middle man and disperse funds directly to the conference. In the event one or two ACC teams make the four team playoff, the Orange Bowl will take the third place ACC team as a replacement; during years the Orange Bowl becomes one of three sites that host the semi-final or championship game, the ACC champion will be guaranteed a spot in the Rose/Sugar/Cotton/Chik-Fil-A/Fiesta/whichever of the top six premier bowls are not hosting the playoff. The game itself will also revert back to its New Years Day time slot.

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be the final straw in this ridiculous rumor: Breaking down the new Orange Bowl agreement and what it means for ACC - Clemson Football News - TigerNet.com

Basically, since the ACC re-upped with the Orange Bowl and the BCS will cease to exist in 2014, the ACC now controls the rights to the Orange Bowl. In other words, the ACC now has the ability to sell the game to the highest bidder. This will eliminate the BCS as the middle man and disperse funds directly to the conference. In the event one or two ACC teams make the four team playoff, the Orange Bowl will take the third place ACC team as a replacement; during years the Orange Bowl becomes one of three sites that host the semi-final or championship game, the ACC champion will be guaranteed a spot in the Rose/Sugar/Cotton/Chik-Fil-A/Fiesta/whichever of the top six premier bowls are not hosting the playoff. The game itself will also revert back to its New Years Day time slot.

I am hoping all the Bowls do this. I rather be stuck watching a 6-6 Notre Dame team in a bowl they should not have gone to if it allows better Bowl games.

The Sugar Bowl would be the Real Winner. Imagine having that kind of payout, you would be able to get the 2 best schools after the top 9 have been placed. (4 in the Playoff and 5 in Bowls, 2 in Rose Bowl, 2 in Chumpions Bowl, and 1 in Orange).

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so fast there ballboy.....which bowl would make more money...the big 12 vs the sec "champions bowl" or the acc vs. ??????

also why do you think a conference that went 2-13 in bcs games will get 2 teams in the play-offs?

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and secondly its not a "ridiculous" rumor it has feet and was being discussed among the schools

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Today was actually an interesting day. The Orange Bowl/ Notre Dame agreement really upset Dodds and Texas. One of the main reasons Notre Dame was shopping their Olympic sports around so they could secure bowl tie-ins. Now, they are included in the 4 team playoff and have a direct tie-in to a BCS bowl game. The need for Notre Dame to officially associate with another conference is dying quickly. Big 12 was going to allow Notre Dame a tie-in to the Champions Bowl under certain circumstances, i.e., at least 10 wins. However, the Orange Bowl is now allowing Notre Dame spot with only 8 wins.

UL is gathering money in an attempt to buy their way into the Big 12, to include helping FSU with their buyout (FSU is apparently $7 mill short at the moment). Not sure it will be enough as Big 12 schools are not unanimous on their addition.

Clemson is starting to get attention again and I am not sure why. All I hear they have taken themselves out of consideration. Now all of a sudden their BOT and admin are being very quiet and Dabo has, again, been told to shut up. From what I hear this evening Clemson is not totally out of contention, contrary to what I was told just 24 hours ago. FSU still is not wavering on their desire to leave the ACC, when and who will go with them is still up in the air. 2014 is looking to be the earliest now although many are saying it could be a matter of time before an announcement is made.

^^^^^ from one of the" inside sources"....not the dude (he has appeared to lose his information source and has been spewing crap)

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Report: Clemson A.D. Terry Don Phillips close to retiring

:think:

havent heard anything substantial in awhile.......deadline for 2013 expansion (acc wise) is august 15th......so if anybody announces anything it will be coming up

Not going to change a thing. The BOT have already vehemently opposed a move anywhere but the SEC which will likely not happen. Phillips has been on his way out for several years as he has not sought an extension (nor has Clemson) and the BOT has been looking to go in a new direction. None of the four letter network speculation will lead anywhere except to continue to undermine what remains of their credibility. Guess they figure if they throwing it, something is bound to stick eventually...

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not so fast there ballboy.....which bowl would make more money...the big 12 vs the sec "champions bowl" or the acc vs. ??????

also why do you think a conference that went 2-13 in bcs games will get 2 teams in the play-offs?

CFB is cyclical; in the 90's teams like Nebraska, FSU, Miami, and Oklahoma dominated the national scene. Now it's the SEC and soon enough, another conference will surpass them. The ACC is not going anywhere unless VT, Clemson, and FSU leave. Unless the SEC comes calling for the latter and th Big Ten for the former, it ain't gonna happen.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CFB is cyclical; in the 90's teams like Nebraska, FSU, Miami, and Oklahoma dominated the national scene. Now it's the SECand soon enough, another conference will surpass them. The ACC is not going anywhere unless VT, Clemson, and FSU leave. Unless the SEC comes calling for the latter and th Big Ten for the former, it ain't gonna happen.

FSU is going to leave,it is look more like next year than this year but apparently they want out and its just a matter of who else is coming and when.....

i dont think we will hear anything by the aug 15th deadline but that just means it will happen for the 2014 season instead of 2013

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yes it looks like clemson is backing out.......but that will just open the door for GT,VT,LOUISVILLE or Maryland and then where will that put clemson???

Ballboy534

Resident Rehabilitator
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certain FSU fans are indeed angry about their lack of success, but it's self inflicted. If they can't even consistently compete and win the ACC, why would they leave for a league that would be much harder to compete in (much less win) and would require significantly further travel for their fans?