• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Front Office @ Mgmt

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. Really surprised. Niners will owe about 30 mil to last two previous coaches. But hopefully this tells me that Jed is committed to winning and money will not be a barrier for him to have the Niners back in their winning ways.
This does kind of settles that it was always only about money because they are eating alot.of money. It is just poor decisions and having a clue about how to do things

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This does kind of settles that it was always only about money because they are eating alot.of money. It is just poor decisions and having a clue about how to do things

Hopefully. The Niners are making cash hand over fist with the new stadium now, so it could be just a front, but I'm willing to give Jed the benefit of the doubt if this report is indeed true. It also depends on what Kelly does - if he goes back to college, I believe that means SF takes on his full salary, but somehow if lands another NFL job, then the money due will be limited.

It was pretty much known that Baalke was done but Kelly now being widely leaked as gone before the last game is a trend that I wish would stop. Ian Rappoport says it's a 'house cleaning' so I guess that means that Tom Gamble won't be assuming the GM spot, and that they plan on 'swinging big' for top tiered guys.

Kubiak looks to be stepping down, so Denver automatically leaps ahead of SF as far as desirability is concerned. There will be other openings for sure....SF better have a plan in place.

Go Browns.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Glazer reporting that Baalke is informed 2 days ago that he is done, but Kelly is to meet with ownership after the game. He also said that it was Baalke that scuttled a deal at the last minute with Adam Gase to be HC.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Baalke confirms his own firing

$confirms-firing-49ers-pre-game-interview-knbr

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully. The Niners are making cash hand over fist with the new stadium now, so it could be just a front, but I'm willing to give Jed the benefit of the doubt if this report is indeed true. It also depends on what Kelly does - if he goes back to college, I believe that means SF takes on his full salary, but somehow if lands another NFL job, then the money due will be limited.

It was pretty much known that Baalke was done but Kelly now being widely leaked as gone before the last game is a trend that I wish would stop. Ian Rappoport says it's a 'house cleaning' so I guess that means that Tom Gamble won't be assuming the GM spot, and that they plan on 'swinging big' for top tiered guys.

Kubiak looks to be stepping down, so Denver automatically leaps ahead of SF as far as desirability is concerned. There will be other openings for sure....SF better have a plan in place.

Go Browns.
A new GM is going to have his own guy for head coach. Baalke said on KNBR he was fired

poewelch84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is ownership still sucks. These are the same owners that use to lock up the coolers so players couldn't get gatorade or powerade when ever they wanted. They are cheap and I feel only spent money to get the new stadium and will now hire the cheapest people possible to recoup the money lost from the poor coaching and GM decisions.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A new GM is going to have his own guy for head coach. Baalke said on KNBR he was fired

Thank sweet baby Jesus these weren't just wild rumors. I think we are doing a full FO house clean...now I'm uncertain that Gamble will slide in the GM spot. I really hope they get a couple great football minds in place.

Two hours from anywhere one actually wants to be
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jay Glazer reporting that Baalke is informed 2 days ago that he is done, but Kelly is to meet with ownership after the game. He also said that it was Baalke that scuttled a deal at the last minute with Adam Gase to be HC.

This should have been a fire-able offence. Period. As much as the players loved Tomsula, he was not an NFL head coach.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly out the door as well.

http://www.************.com/articles/102160-49ers-officially-fire-head-coach-chip-kelly-season/

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dilemma that the Niners are facing is the fact that the new coach will be the 4th coach in four years. What coach will want to come here knowing he might just get a year. With the current state of this team, they will be lucky to win four or five games next year. As for free agents, the Niners will have to overpay. There is no stability on this team and definitely no QB in place. It will certainly be an interesting off season.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. If i'm the new GM, i still wouldn't rush out and sign the top Free Agents. The only exception will be QB, so we'll see how that goes? This isn't saying don't sign any FA, just not the top ones. This new GM will be given some rope for obvious reasons, don't rush to build the wrong way.

2. If there is one thing Baalke did right is leave the cap in good shape. So the next GM can get right into his master plan, and not wait 1 or 2 years for cap to clear. The cap is also good for extending or re-signing your own players.

3. As someone already posted, by cleaning house it is proof....millions of proof......that the York's are more about winning, than money. Yet we STILL read post about them being cheap?!

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers' Jed York: You don't dismiss owners

San Francisco 49ers owner and CEO Jed York faced a feisty Bay Area media Monday after firing coach Chip Kelly and general manager Trent Baalke.

With the Niners set to hire their fourth coach in four years, York was asked what makes him qualified to make another hire and why he hasn't been replaced as the head of the organization.

"I own this football team. You don't dismiss owners," York said. "I'm sorry but that's the facts, and that's the case. That's the fact. I'm going to do everything I can to get this right. This isn't about a business and running an operation to make money. We're making sure we're doing everything we can to re-establish this culture."

York is hitting the reset button after years of front office strife and miscommunication between the GM and coaching staffs.

"My vision of Chip and Trent working together, I think it's clear that Trent probably has more of a defensive mind," York said of what went wrong in a 2-14 season. "Pairing (Baalke) with an offensive-minded guy, having those guys be partners ... but the marriage didn't work. I should've probably seen it. It's easy to play revisionist history, but we are where we are. That's why we're cleaning the slate, and we're reestablishing the culture."

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported that this time around the 49ers plan to hire a GM and coach who are on the same page and possibly a duo that has worked together in the past. For example, San Francisco has requested to interview Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels and director of player personnel Nick Caserio.

"We need to be open to the right structure with the right people," York said. "We need to get the right people. It can't be 'I have the 53-man roster, and you need to go back to your office'. We can't have that. It's got to be these two guys on the same page, and when we disagree on a player, we need to know what to do when we disagree on a player, how to move forward and move beyond it. That's very important to me. Whether the head coach is in control, the general manager is in control, they need to be accountable to each other. That's the most important relationship in the building."

One part of the decision to fire Kelly comes with a desire to start anew instead of forcing a coach on a new GM.

"We need to make sure we start fresh, and we start with a new culture between a general manager and a head coach and do everything we can to get back to that winning way," York said.

The team owner added: "I'm embarrassed at where we are now, and I'm going to do everything I can to get us back."

====================================================================

Fuck you, Jed York. I want you as far away from the decision-making process as humanly possible.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
but you know, he is right about being the OWNER. No matter how much we want to bang our head against the wall, he is the Owner.

Just like Jerry Jones for many years, why stress yourself over something that won't change?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Niners CEO Jed York: 'You don't dismiss owners'
"I own this football team. You don't dismiss owners," York said. "I'm sorry but that's the facts, and that's the case. That's the fact. I'm going to do everything I can to get this right. This isn't about a business and running an operation to make money. We're making sure we're doing everything we can to re-establish this culture."
Sad but true. :L. Jed just give the team back that was given to your deadbeat parents back to Eddie and walk the fuck away.