• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agents

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR

Free Agents:

Jermaine Kearse -
Kearse can be a little erratic with his production, catching nearly impossible balls and then dropping ones in the bread basket. Now, though, as the #3 WR that isn't as big an issue, and he seems to be thriving with less attention with Lockett and Baldwin getting the most focus. He's local - grew up in the Seattle area (sister in law's mother works for his high school and he gets her Seahawk gear for her grandchildren all the time). I think he would want to stay in Seattle. Should cost $3 million.

Alshon Jeffrey - Ha Ha Ha. Now that I have the laugh out of the way, I'll actually act as if this is an option. If Chicago let's him go, he is a top flight talent, though injury prone. Very athletic, he has really good hands for a guy who you would think was depending only on athleticism. Would be a huge boon if the offense was looking at becoming pass oriented. Would require parting with Lynch (and possibly Graham) to make this work. Should cost $10 million +.

Travis Benjamin - The speedster had an outbreak season in Cleveland this year, nearly topping 1000 yards. The would make Seattle's passing attack predicated on speed and agility with weapons like Baldwin, Lockett, Benjamin and Richardson. It would be difficult for defenses to get enough speed to cover them all. They would also be undersized - which is only a problem against physical defenses that can keep pace with them. Should cost $4 - 5 Million.

Draft:

Dom Williams -
The WSU speedster has really good hands and can get verticle. He uses his body well to shield the ball from defenders. Numbers will be inflated due to the offense he played and his route treat was very simple and may affect how quickly he can adjust to the NFL. Should be a late round to UDFA.

Jaydon Mickens - Another Husky you all will know better than I would. Pete loves bringing in local WRs, as we ended the season with 3 Husky UDFA at WR of our 5 WRs. Should be an UDFA.

All right - there are so many options, and I think we really will bring back Kearse, that I am not going to list everyone that could be a possible #3 behind Baldwin and Lockett.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The OL came on in the 2nd half of the season. If Okung leaves I would expect it to take a dropoff off with a savings of many millions to spend elsewhere.

Perhaps it is necessary to let Okung go, his play is trending in the wrong direction. Hope the Seahawks surprise me and find a way to have this OL unit play well coming out of gate next year. If there is a drop off on the Ol play , then saving millions to spend for others won't matter, at least not next year, this team or any team can't have a crap OL and expect to contend.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps it is necessary to let Okung go, his play is trending in the wrong direction. Hope the Seahawks surprise me and find a way to have this OL unit play well coming out of gate next year. If there is a drop off on the Ol play , then saving millions to spend for others won't matter, at least not next year, this team or any team can't have a crap OL and expect to contend.

The best way for Okung to come back is for him to overvalue himself as a FA. Since he is representing himself, it could be good to let him see what the market is for him and then try to resign for relatively cheap. He certainly is not worth the $7.3 million he earned last year, let alone the $10 million some people are talking about. We could pick up an older vet on a short term deal for much less who could produce as well as Okung does.

It is a shame. He started out so great only to see his play get worse over time and injuries pile up.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think okung walks and we draft his replacement in round 1, and if it were up to me we would trade up for someone that could start day 1.

The games he missed you couldnt really tell he was gone and our offense actually seemed better.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR

Free Agents:

Jermaine Kearse -
Kearse can be a little erratic with his production, catching nearly impossible balls and then dropping ones in the bread basket. Now, though, as the #3 WR that isn't as big an issue, and he seems to be thriving with less attention with Lockett and Baldwin getting the most focus. He's local - grew up in the Seattle area (sister in law's mother works for his high school and he gets her Seahawk gear for her grandchildren all the time). I think he would want to stay in Seattle. Should cost $3 million.

Alshon Jeffrey - Ha Ha Ha. Now that I have the laugh out of the way, I'll actually act as if this is an option. If Chicago let's him go, he is a top flight talent, though injury prone. Very athletic, he has really good hands for a guy who you would think was depending only on athleticism. Would be a huge boon if the offense was looking at becoming pass oriented. Would require parting with Lynch (and possibly Graham) to make this work. Should cost $10 million +.

Travis Benjamin - The speedster had an outbreak season in Cleveland this year, nearly topping 1000 yards. The would make Seattle's passing attack predicated on speed and agility with weapons like Baldwin, Lockett, Benjamin and Richardson. It would be difficult for defenses to get enough speed to cover them all. They would also be undersized - which is only a problem against physical defenses that can keep pace with them. Should cost $4 - 5 Million.

Draft:

Dom Williams -
The WSU speedster has really good hands and can get verticle. He uses his body well to shield the ball from defenders. Numbers will be inflated due to the offense he played and his route treat was very simple and may affect how quickly he can adjust to the NFL. Should be a late round to UDFA.

Jaydon Mickens - Another Husky you all will know better than I would. Pete loves bringing in local WRs, as we ended the season with 3 Husky UDFA at WR of our 5 WRs. Should be an UDFA.

All right - there are so many options, and I think we really will bring back Kearse, that I am not going to list everyone that could be a possible #3 behind Baldwin and Lockett.

We will have Paul Richardson returning next week... I know... I know... Staying healthy is a concern but he's the speedster that takes the top off the coverage...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for Turbin. I think he's a lot more solid a running back than he's given credit for. I think he'd be an upgrade over everyone available in the reserve RB role, including Jackson.Rodgers I remember mostly from college.

Yeah... Nice thing about Turbin is he could play FB too if needed... He was a bit diversified in that area... I do understand why we moved on w/ out him though - the emergence of Rawls...

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okung is the great unknown of the offseason IMO. I dont know how the whole representing himself thing will play out. He hasnt played a full season since 2012. It depends if he is looking to grab the top $. He was in that last class of rookie first rounders that got large money.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I feel like Lane and Shead are way more important than Okung. I really like both of these guys. It seems the most imprtant attribute for a corner in seattle is to have been on the team and learn the system. Both of these guys have done that. They will be tough to keep because cornerbacks get top dollar. Walter thurmond, maxwell, and browner got good contracts after leaving seattle. I am hoping that Maxwell's terrible year makes people think twice and we are able to keep both.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Lane and Shead are way more important than Okung. I really like both of these guys. It seems the most imprtant attribute for a corner in seattle is to have been on the team and learn the system. Both of these guys have done that. They will be tough to keep because cornerbacks get top dollar. Walter thurmond, maxwell, and browner got good contracts after leaving seattle. I am hoping that Maxwell's terrible year makes people think twice and we are able to keep both.
I agree completely.
Allow me to buy you a drink.:suds:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I"m ok if we lose Kearse... He's made some big play's for us for sure... But he's also pooched some very easy catches, and one comes to mind in last years Super-Bowl.... On a 3rd down with around 7 or so minutes left in the game, he could a ICED that game with the Pats giving us a 1st and goal up 10 points .. But he dropped an EASY one hit him right in his hands... HUGE HUGE HUGE drop... but he's also made some great play's as well so I like the guy overall.... I just heard he's not willing to take a home town discount so he's gonna hit the open market unless we pay up pretty nicely....

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like Lane and Shead are way more important than Okung. I really like both of these guys.
Yeah, probably. It's been said a few times that the long term idea for Gilliam is that he could switch over to that side and play LT. Shead got picked on a few games this year, but overall I think he had a solid season and looks promising as a starting option opposite Sherm. Lane has almost always been excellent in the slot. Having those 2 back makes anything we get from Simon a bonus.

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really doubt teams line up for kearse, he is slow, not a great route runner, has questionable hands at times. He works in our system because he has 4 or 5 years in it. I think he is more valuable to us than any other team

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesse Williams is one step closer to returning to football.

On Thursday afternoon, the Seahawks defensive tackle who was diagnosed with Papillary Type 2 cancer last May tweeted that he had received the "all clear" to resume play.

"Finally Got the All clear to return to Football," he wrote. "Now just wait for my Opportunity."

Last year, Williams had a kidney removed shortly following his cancer diagnosis. He was cleared for light workouts in June and when training camp started in late July, Williams wasn't cleared for full contact but was given the go-ahead by the time Seattle's preseason opener rolled around, a game that saw him record two tackles against the Denver Broncos.

The snaps Williams saw in that exhibition matchup against Denver were his first since 2013, the year the Seahawks took Williams in the fifth round of the NFL Draft out of Alabama. His first two years in the pros ended before they began because of knee injuries suffered prior to the start of each regular season.

Despite his quick recovery from surgery and appearing in all four preseason games, Williams spent the 2015 regular season on Seattle's reserve/non-football injury list, but Seattle head coach Pete Carroll came away impressed with the way Williams battled.

“All things considered, it’s a miraculous summer for him,” Carroll said after Seattle's final preseason game. “To play football under these circumstances and the stress he’s had to deal with, and the uncertainty and all of that, Jesse's had a terrific summer. He played good football for us. He demonstrated fantastic resiliency to bounce back from all of the things he’s been through. Even in the last couple of weeks, to play so hard and so tough, I’m really, really proud of him. I think he did a great job. He’s knocking on the door trying to make this club too, just like everyone else. He fought very gallantly to do that. Most people, I don’t know that they ever respond like he did. Remarkable.”

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WR

Free Agents:

Jermaine Kearse -

Draft:

Dom Williams -

I think Kearse will cost more money than he is worth, and Lockett looks as if he is starting to develop into a good #2 option aside of Doug Baldwin. I'd rather look to the draft, or find a cheaper option to replace Kearse. I'm more than comfortable going into the season with Baldwin and Lockett as our #1 and #2, my concern is more depth oriented. If we hold on to Graham, I'd more than comfortable going into passing downs with Graham out wide (Baldwin is just too good in the slot), Willson at TE and Baldwin + Lockett at WR.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also signed RB Cameron Marshall.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jason Fitzgerald thinks JR Sweezy will command a $4 million a year contract.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next few posts from Bob Condotta