• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agents

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but the Rams have spent plenty of time making Okung look bad as well. So, since I was just quoting my eye, I decided to look at the numbers, like I always do.

Since 2013)
With Okung (42 Games) 30-12 (.714) 25.2 PPG 355.1 YPG 208.2 PYPG 146.9 RYPG
Without Okung (13 Games) 11-2 (.846) 27.3 PPG 374.7 YPG 218.9 PYPG 155.8 RYPG

Obviously there are more to these numbers than just Okung, since he's just 1 of 5, but it's not like the line falls apart when he's out. And, if history is any indication - he's gonna be out, he's yet to complete an entire 16 games schedule without missing time.
Look I'm not that high on Okung, it's just that the next player up is so much worse IMO. I really don't want to see the OL go thru another learning curve like this year. It could get RW injuried. How about the Seahawks resign him and then try to find the next LT? Linebackers are highly replaceable.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan to part ways with Okung would be to bring someone else in, I don't think we have a LT right now. If they are set on Okung, I won't be upset by any means, just think that if we do, we're settling for average. I also think that if we keep Okung, we'll have to part ways with Sweezy.
Think they can resign both, after all 30 million plus likely Lynch salary to work with.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My plan to part ways with Okung would be to bring someone else in, I don't think we have a LT right now. If they are set on Okung, I won't be upset by any means, just think that if we do, we're settling for average. I also think that if we keep Okung, we'll have to part ways with Sweezy.
Bring someone else in? Like who?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring someone else in? Like who?

Right now, leaning toward the draft. We'll have to see what shapes out with that, and what exactly the front office is thinking. Hell, this could be moot if the team re-signs him the first chance they get.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you guys cut Lynch this offseason. Doing so would cost you a $5 mil cap hit & only save you $6.5 mil against the cap.

The questions are: is what Lynch brings to the team worth $6.5 mil & can you find someone who does those thing for cheaper?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think they can resign both, after all 30 million plus likely Lynch salary to work with.

Yes, but will they spend it? They have said that they like having an OLine under $10 million - and I think that even with his faults, Okung gets at least 7, and Sweezy at least 3.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt you guys cut Lynch this offseason. Doing so would cost you a $5 mil cap hit & only save you $6.5 mil against the cap.

The questions are: is what Lynch brings to the team worth $6.5 mil & can you find someone who does those thing for cheaper?
Rawls.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but will they spend it? They have said that they like having an OLine under $10 million - and I think that even with his faults, Okung gets at least 7, and Sweezy at least 3.
Time to stabilizes the OL, well worth the 10 million, which is more likely to be 12 million. A good OL is just so important all the way around.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time to stabilizes the OL, well worth the 10 million, which is more likely to be 12 million. A good OL is just so important all the way around.

I agree, but it was time 3 years ago, and they still didn't feel the need to provide a fix for it. The Oline is a concern every year - and I am not so sure that it won't be again this coming season.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, leaning toward the draft. We'll have to see what shapes out with that, and what exactly the front office is thinking. Hell, this could be moot if the team re-signs him the first chance they get.
Your leaning towards the draft? Mmmm seems like that what the Seahawks did this year and the learning curve was brutal. For a LT it would be worse. Most highly rated OT will get drafted before the Seahawks pick, leaving the Seahawks attempting to find that gem in the rough. Even if they find him( long shot) there will still be a steep learning curve.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless Okung price tag goes thru the roof the Seahawks need to resign him.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think he brings more to the team than just his on field production. But if you guys think you can just roll with Rawls leading the carries & some scrubs or rookies as backups & be successful, go for it. Rawls is on game film now, I doubt he has the same success next season & can stay healthy.

And I wouldn't let a starting LT walk in FA. That is just asking for trouble. O-line continuity is underrated in the NFL. And trying to replace a good LT isn't as easy as people think. The second biggest reason the Cardinals have turned their fortunes around over the last couple of season is because of their o-line. And they did it through free agency. They might have overpaid to get the players, but that is what it took. Letting a guy walk when you definitely know you have no one better on the bench, is not a good move. That might get you franchise QB killed.

Don't take any offense to my participation in the thread. I just like talking cap talk & everything that entails.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrestricted Free Agents:

Tarvaris Jackson, QB
Lemuel Jeanpierre, C
Jermaine Kearse, WR
Jeremy Lane, CB
Brandon Mebane, DT
Russell Okung, LT
Ahtyba Rubin, DT
Jon Ryan, P
DeShawn Shead, CB/S
JR Sweezy, RG
Will Tukuafu, FB

Restricted Free Agents:

Cooper Helfet, TE
Patrick Lewis, C

Exclusive Rights Free Agents:

Eric Pinkins, LB
Jesse Williams, DT

Those are mine. I think we got replacement for Irvin in Frank Clark. Who do we got to replace Okung?????????????

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he brings more to the team than just his on field production. But if you guys think you can just roll with Rawls leading the carries & some scrubs or rookies as backups & be successful, go for it. Rawls is on game film now, I doubt he has the same success next season & can stay healthy.

And I wouldn't let a starting LT walk in FA. That is just asking for trouble. O-line continuity is underrated in the NFL. And trying to replace a good LT isn't as easy as people think. The second biggest reason the Cardinals have turned their fortunes around over the last couple of season is because of their o-line. And they did it through free agency. They might have overpaid to get the players, but that is what it took. Letting a guy walk when you definitely know you have no one better on the bench, is not a good move. That might get you franchise QB killed.

Don't take any offense to my participation in the thread. I just like talking cap talk & everything that entails.
Well think the Seahawks have to roll with Rawls, think Lynch is going to hang it up. His body has been taking a hell of a beating over the years. I certainly agree with your remarks about LT.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You OK with Gilliam replacing him?
huh? Who said anything about Gilliam? Did I? Think i would remember. The draft is there for a reason. Okung is going to demand some money even though he hadnt earned it but if we are going to remake the line, it will be through the draft.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And what exactly are you basing that on? What RB's do is not rocket science. Get the ball, run to the hole, try not to get tackled. Game film really doesn't mean crap for a RB. It's smash mouth football and pretty much as straight forward as it goes.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
huh? Who said anything about Gilliam? Did I? Think i would remember. The draft is there for a reason. Okung is going to demand some money even though he hadnt earned it but if we are going to remake the line, it will be through the draft.
From what I've read the plan is for Gilliam to move to LT if Okung leaves, then draft for a RT. Why you ask? It's because decent LT just aren't available if you draft towards the bottom of the draft. Now perhaps the Seahawks can find some unknown gem in the draft. They've done that at a lot of positions, Rawls being the latest example, but that gem has to actually exist. I rather sign Okung while searching for his replacement.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF does game film have to do with a rb? Are the coaches going to be "I see what he's doing! He's getting the ball and running with it! What we need to do is tackle him!!! Why couldn't we figure out that shit last year?"

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And what exactly are you basing that on? What RB's do is not rocket science. Get the ball, run to the hole, try not to get tackled. Game film really doesn't mean crap for a RB. It's smash mouth football and pretty much as straight forward as it goes.

I am basing that on NFL coaching. He has proven that he can run the rock against defenses. What he will see is more stacked boxes now that he a is a known quantity. Having game film on him will also show the type of runner he is, his tendencies. Does he just one cut n' go, does he like to bounce , is he likely to stretch a run to the outside that was meant to go inside or off tackle? These are all questions that can be answered with film & help defenses plan for him.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am basing that on NFL coaching. He has proven that he can run the rock against defenses. What he will see is more stacked boxes now that he a is a known quantity. Having game film on him will also show the type of runner he is, his tendencies. Does he just one cut n' go, does he like to bounce , is he likely to stretch a run to the outside that was meant to go inside or off tackle? These are all questions that can be answered with film & help defenses plan for him.
Lots of one year wonders in the NFL, perhaps Rawls will be one of them, maybe.... The thing is I don't think there's much choice. Lynch looks ready to hang them up. Every thing he's done sends that message, all good things come to a end. Now the Seahawks need to find their next RB, Rawls looks promising, if not for the injury I'd say more then promising.