• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agents

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unrestricted Free Agents:
Bryce Brown, RB
Chase Coffman, TE
Demarcus Dobbs, DE
Bruce Ivin, LB
Fred Jackson, RB
Tarvaris Jackson, QB
Lemuel Jeanpierre, C
Jermaine Kearse, WR
Jeremy Lane, CB
Ricardo Lockette, WR
Anthony McCoy, TE
Brandon Mebane, DT
Michael Morgan, LB
Russell Okung, LT
Ahtyba Rubin, DT
Jon Ryan, P
DeShawn Shead, CB/S
JR Sweezy, RG
Will Tukuafu, FB

Restricted Free Agents:
Alvin Bailey, OT
Derrick Coleman, FB
Cooper Helfet, TE
Patrick Lewis, C
Christine Michael, RB
Nick Moody, LB

Exclusive Rights Free Agents:
Marcus Burley, CB
AJ Francis, DT
Eric Pinkins, LB
Mohammed Seisay, CB
Steven Terrell, CB
Jesse Williams, DT

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long list. Going be interesting to see how things play out.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the most important guy to keep on that list is, Sweezy... We've invested a lot of time into him and he's been strong for us on that OL imo... He still hasn't reached his ceiling... It's key to keep one of our own on that OL... I don't see Okung being one of them due to the salary he'll demand...

Irvin won't be resigned because he's going to get a HUGE payday w/ another team...

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now it seems that Seattle has an estimated $30 million in cap space...

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO, the most important guy to keep on that list is, Sweezy... We've invested a lot of time into him and he's been strong for us on that OL imo... He still hasn't reached his ceiling... It's key to keep one of our own on that OL... I don't see Okung being one of them due to the salary he'll demand...

Irvin won't be resigned because he's going to get a HUGE payday w/ another team...
Like to see both Sweezy and Okung resigned, otherwise expect the replacements to have a learning curve, much like this year. If any thing the Seahawks need to add talent to the OL without losing starters from the OL. Continually counts on the OL.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before or after we part ways with Lynch?

He is currently under contract, so obviously before. It isn't a foregone conclusion that Lynch will not be with the team next year.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only starting offensive linemen that is currently under contract are Britt and Gilliam. It would be hard to have to retrain 3 offensive linemen fora second year in a row. At least 1, if not 2 of the linemen will need to be re-signed. Personally, I think the highest priority for retaining linemen should be Lewis.

BHF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,037.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agree with this, for the most part. Although I'm not sure it's going to be a huge market for Okung. He's not a spring chicken, and has been dinged up a lot. I can easily imagine a scenario where keeping him doesn't break the bank.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with this, for the most part. Although I'm not sure it's going to be a huge market for Okung. He's not a spring chicken, and has been dinged up a lot. I can easily imagine a scenario where keeping him doesn't break the bank.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to resign Okung too... If we can, we need to... LT's are usually in high demand... If we can be creative enough to do so, I think it would be huge... This year should tell us that it's tough to go through the season w/ so many uncertainties on OL...

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I think JG gets cut. We can get rid of him for nothing and the offense seemed better without him anyway. He just didn't fit. It's a shitty thing to do but I don't see how you can keep him.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's who I would re-sign:

Bruce Irvin, LB
Jermaine Kearse, WR
Jeremy Lane, CB
Ahtyba Rubin, DT
Jon Ryan, P
DeShawn Shead, CB
JR Sweezy, RG
Will Tukuafu
Alvin Bailey, OT
Patrick Lewis, C
Christine Michael, RB
Marcus Burley, CB
AJ Francis, DT
Eric Pinkins, LB
Mohammed Seisay, CB
Steven Terrell, CB
Jesse Williams, DT

I am keeping Irvin instead of Okung. These are our 2 big guys, and I can't see us keeping both. I will re-sign Alvin Bailey and make him the LT (unless something happens in the draft). Jeremy Lane shouldn't be too expensive, as he only got a fraction of the playing time due to injury recovery - but he's a damn good corner. Rubin was solid in the middle and played Mebane's role better than Mebane did. Ryan is one of the best int he business, no need to find anyone else. Sweezy has been a very good interior lineman, and with replacing a LT, I wouldn't want to have to worry about any other line positions. Tukuafu is a beast at FB - and he has the ability to open a hole that is completely shut down, and he's an emergency DT. The line solidified once we started Lewis full time. Michael will be cheap - and with Lynch possibly retiring or otherwise being off the team, he isn't a bad back up for Rawls. No reason to let the other 6 go - cheap and no one can take them unless we let them go.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's who I would re-sign:

Bruce Irvin, LB
Jermaine Kearse, WR
Jeremy Lane, CB
Ahtyba Rubin, DT
Jon Ryan, P
DeShawn Shead, CB
JR Sweezy, RG
Will Tukuafu
Alvin Bailey, OT
Patrick Lewis, C
Christine Michael, RB
Marcus Burley, CB
AJ Francis, DT
Eric Pinkins, LB
Mohammed Seisay, CB
Steven Terrell, CB
Jesse Williams, DT

I am keeping Irvin instead of Okung. These are our 2 big guys, and I can't see us keeping both. I will re-sign Alvin Bailey and make him the LT (unless something happens in the draft). Jeremy Lane shouldn't be too expensive, as he only got a fraction of the playing time due to injury recovery - but he's a damn good corner. Rubin was solid in the middle and played Mebane's role better than Mebane did. Ryan is one of the best int he business, no need to find anyone else. Sweezy has been a very good interior lineman, and with replacing a LT, I wouldn't want to have to worry about any other line positions. Tukuafu is a beast at FB - and he has the ability to open a hole that is completely shut down, and he's an emergency DT. The line solidified once we started Lewis full time. Michael will be cheap - and with Lynch possibly retiring or otherwise being off the team, he isn't a bad back up for Rawls. No reason to let the other 6 go - cheap and no one can take them unless we let them go.
LBs are so much easier to replace then LTs. Think I'd rather resign Okung despite his flaws myself.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LBs are so much easier to replace then LTs. Think I'd rather resign Okung despite his flaws myself.

I just don't think that Okung is irreplaceable. The line appears to play better then he isn't in there - for whatever reason.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't think that Okung is irreplaceable. The line appears to play better then he isn't in there - for whatever reason.
Mmmm I don't think that's accurate. For example Okung didn't play in the Rams game, his replacement got beat like a red headed step child and that was from another backup playing DE.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like to see both Sweezy and Okung resigned, otherwise expect the replacements to have a learning curve, much like this year. If any thing the Seahawks need to add talent to the OL without losing starters from the OL. Continually counts on the OL.
I like to see us part ways with Okung, #1 can never stay healthy. #2. Too many penalties to already weak line.

Does not do us any good if he misses 5-6 games a yr

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to see us part ways with Okung, #1 can never stay healthy. #2. Too many penalties to already weak line.

Does not do us any good if he misses 5-6 games a yr
You OK with Gilliam replacing him?

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mmmm I don't think that's accurate. For example Okung didn't play in the Rams game, his replacement got beat like a red headed step child and that was from another backup playing DE.

True, but the Rams have spent plenty of time making Okung look bad as well. So, since I was just quoting my eye, I decided to look at the numbers, like I always do.

Since 2013)
With Okung (42 Games) 30-12 (.714) 25.2 PPG 355.1 YPG 208.2 PYPG 146.9 RYPG
Without Okung (13 Games) 11-2 (.846) 27.3 PPG 374.7 YPG 218.9 PYPG 155.8 RYPG

Obviously there are more to these numbers than just Okung, since he's just 1 of 5, but it's not like the line falls apart when he's out. And, if history is any indication - he's gonna be out, he's yet to complete an entire 16 games schedule without missing time.

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You OK with Gilliam replacing him?

My plan to part ways with Okung would be to bring someone else in, I don't think we have a LT right now. If they are set on Okung, I won't be upset by any means, just think that if we do, we're settling for average. I also think that if we keep Okung, we'll have to part ways with Sweezy.