• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Free Agency News/Trades/Cuts

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the deal with Watson contract ?
If his dead money now $8MM since it was guaranteed on the 5th day of the new league year

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What is the deal with Watson contract ?
If his dead money now $8MM since it was guaranteed on the 5th day of the new league year

That is correct that his contract has become guaranteed. He will be a Bronco unless they can find a trade partner willing to take on his contract.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is correct that his contract has become guaranteed. He will be a Bronco unless they can find a trade partner willing to take on his contract.
Been trying to tell troy Renk this. He thinks Watson’s contract is not guaranteed but for injury
Sometimes the local media don’t really know what’s going on with the team.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is why would the broncos write into Watson’s contract that kind of guarantee
Given his previous injury history

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been trying to tell troy Renk this. He thinks Watson’s contract is not guaranteed but for injury
Sometimes the local media don’t really know what’s going on with the team.

A lot of contracts the language isn't always released fully to the media/public. We get the bare bones of it. All the info I have found though seems to point to his contract now being guaranteed. I know they were working hard to get a new deal done with him to help with this type of situation and my guess is if they had gotten the trade done with Veldheer before the 5th day of the league year they would have cut him.

At this point he is going to be a somewhat expensive swing tackle with the opportunity to compete for the RG spot as well would be my guess.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real question is why would the broncos write into Watson’s contract that kind of guarantee
Given his previous injury history

Most NFL contracts seem to feature that within it. Players want to have that security that if they get injured they won't just get tossed to the side. Unfortunately Broncos took a chance and that part did not work out in their favor here with Watson.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of contracts the language isn't always released fully to the media/public. We get the bare bones of it. All the info I have found though seems to point to his contract now being guaranteed. I know they were working hard to get a new deal done with him to help with this type of situation and my guess is if they had gotten the trade done with Veldheer before the 5th day of the league year they would have cut him.

At this point he is going to be a somewhat expensive swing tackle with the opportunity to compete for the RG spot as well would be my guess.
Expensive set of RTs . Mitchell Swartz was the guy I wanted 2 years ago from Tenn
At this point atleast Jared has started and was a team captain

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expensive set of RTs . Mitchell Swartz was the guy I wanted 2 years ago from Tenn
At this point atleast Jared has started and was a team captain

I would have loved him a couple of years ago. Hurt all the more that he signed a cheap deal compared to most at his position. Watson is definitely a bad contract at this point. Thankfully the Broncos don't have a ton of those on the books. I really am hoping they give Watson a shot at RG though and see if he can maybe win the starting job. Moving him inside really does cover up a lot of his weaknesses with his slow feet and allows him to play to his biggest strength which is his strength to move people.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The possibility of moving Watson to RG is the only reason I can think of as to why we didn't cut him when we could have.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have loved him a couple of years ago. Hurt all the more that he signed a cheap deal compared to most at his position. Watson is definitely a bad contract at this point. Thankfully the Broncos don't have a ton of those on the books. I really am hoping they give Watson a shot at RG though and see if he can maybe win the starting job. Moving him inside really does cover up a lot of his weaknesses with his slow feet and allows him to play to his biggest strength which is his strength to move people.
The possibility of moving Watson to RG is the only reason I can think of as to why we didn't cut him when we could have.

Well it worked for Schofield, he went from awful at RT to average at RG, maybe Watson can end up the same.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO - Watson is more valuable as salary cap move.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's what I'm seeing too. No bueno.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a Dream Team defense. Sometimes the chemistry/talent works, sometimes it doesn't. I'm sure Wade will unleash the hounds. Glad we're not playing the NFC West this year!

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s a championship defense right there

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey remember when the Eagles assembled the dream team 2.0 and everyone was crowning them the kings of the off-season? How well did that work out for them.